Close
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 265

I just can not live through the last phase of Black Night.. that ae he does while in ghost form is so fast.. i just cant heal through it and dps him 8( I even use Divine Sacrifice, no help ( heroic )

I was dieing a lot of his phase two until I spread WAY out and used earth elementals. But phase 3 has defeated me 10-0 now lol. driving me crazy!
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 08-09-2009 at 03:16 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Lyon, is one of your shammies speced resto? If not, you may need to try it with a dedicated healer.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Lyon, is one of your shammies speced resto? If not, you may need to try it with a dedicated healer.
    yes. and i have tried to use healbot.. that ae he does almost one shots my team

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I just can not live through the last phase of Black Night.. that ae he does while in ghost form is so fast.. i just cant heal through it and dps him 8( I even use Divine Sacrifice, no help ( heroic )

I was dieing a lot of his phase two until I spread WAY out and used earth elementals. But phase 3 has defeated me 10-0 now lol. driving me crazy!
    My strat is pretty simple.

3 Healing streams, 1 Cleansing, ShadowResAura.

Phase1: Stack all the shamans against a wall and pull the Black Knight there. Drop consecrate and 3x magma totems (only 3, keep one wrath up). Don't even bother targeting the pet in phase1. The magma totems and splash damage from AoE's will kill it.
    Phase2: Make sure you still have magmas/consecrate down. DPS the black knight for 4-5 casts. By this time your magmas/CL's/consecrate should have the adds down to 40-50%. Blow CL again and 3x TS straight after. This should kill the majority of the adds. Make sure chain heal your group back to full HP before you finish him off and begin phase3.
    Phase3: You should still have relatively full mana pools on all your shamans. None of the previous phases are very mana intensive. Drop magmas and blow all your cooldowns/trinkets/etc. How fast you DPS depends on your shamans HP pool. I go with two nukes, chain heal, two nukes, chain heal.
    Eg - FlameShock, LvB, ChainHeal, LightningBolt, ChainLightning, ChainHeal, repeat.

Between shadow resist, 3x healing streams and spamming chain heal, it's actually a pretty easy fight.

On phase 3 I found a better way to go about healing for me. He does a shadow bolt every couple seconds to everyone in the party. So the more people you have the more damage he does. I found out I simply don't have the healing to keep everyone alive so what I do is give priorities to heals and sort of sacrifice a guy. When I was healing my lowest hp character everyone else continued to get hit and pretty soon it would be too much to handle and everyone would die pretty close together.

So now i give heals in this priority...tank,healer,highest dps, 2nd dps, last dps. You might think this is what you do anyway but I only give someone heals if everyone above him is almost topped off. Usually I get through with only 1 dps dying but sometimes 2 will. But the good thing about when someone dies is it make healing on the remaining guys that much easier.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

bah.. i never thought about shadow aura GRR!! i knew there had to be a way to limit how big those AoEs hit for!

Ive given about 1k gold in repairs to this damn last boss. The 2nd boss actualy was kicking my ass to not really sure why, i kept running out of mana. I think i need a little more crit heavy set to help out with that a little bit.

Last boss, I just cant get through phase 3, ive tried lol I get pwnt. No dedicated healer just 4 shaman dps / paladin tank.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

PS, don't even bother moving in phase2 of TheBlackKnight. The "Death&Decay" type spell does next to no damage. It's all about timing your Thunderstorm to blow up the adds before he corpse explodes them. If you blow it too early, before your magma's have done enough damage, they will run back and you won't be able to kill them all before he explodes. Only move just before he's about to switch into phase3. Move off the AoE section and chain heal to full, so that you don't have to deal with phase3 damage plus the D&D if it's still on the ground.

I find bloodlust/heroism ChainHeals every 3rd spell in phase3 easily outheals the AoE damage. ShadowResAura knocks 25%-ish off the AoE.

Normal=farm node ...... Heroic=CLEARED! ( not easy farm mode yet though hehe )

I used fire eles on 2nd phase ..keeping grounding totems down kept what little ghouls lived from killing anyone. I lost one shaman on the last phase but he went down real fast! This guy drops weapon upgrades for my dps so i HAD to figure it out! I got two nice neck upgrades though http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47562/s...of-redemption/ and http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47566/t...rds-depravity/

Grats Lyon!

Working on Paletress atm. Wish I'd get the "guy" everytime. He's cake compared to her for my mixed team.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE