Close
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Showing results 111 to 120 of 265

Quote Originally Posted by Niley View Post
    if you really want to continue this, i just did this in t6 gear 533 def 30k hp fully buffed and my shamans wearing mix of lvl 70 gear
    http://www.hdimage.org/images/ic2jtnqqg5o5iltor83.jpg
    http://www.hdimage.org/images/k6ba6ngp5gcls45go0z.jpg
    2nd boss was kinda funn his hammer would one shot my shaman, so by the time i was done 2 were dead, but they have 14k hp in tier4..
    You're more than welcome to join us on dualboxing irc channel(listed on top) to continue this. Otherwise lets keep this clean.
    I am streaming to people that are in the channel.

I dont know whats more sad. Your tank having more health and defensive stats in t6 than my heroic/badge gear pally. Or your t4 shaman having the same health and mana as my heroic/badge gear mages. I would like to know how you can have 15.9hp and 17.5k mana wearing t4. I call shenanigans.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I dont know whats more sad. Your tank having more health and defensive stats in t6 than my heroic/badge gear pally. Or your t4 shaman having the same health and mana as my heroic/badge gear mages. I would like to know how you can have 15.9hp and 17.5k mana wearing t4. I call shenanigans.
    Obviously i was wearing tier pieces and most of the rest stayed lvl 80(its not hard to see that I do have tier gear on), I didn't think that was that hard to figure out, my tank was getting crit and hit for 17k at times, but again, all that is easy to heal through. You wanted me to remove gear so I did, I even streamed it had 5 or 6 people watching, want proof? You're more than welcome to join irc and talk to them.
    Call it all you want, people said it was gear so i put lvl 70 gear on, now youre just looking for a hole in all, Im done posting here.
    pally : http://www.hdimage.org/images/n2o0rvbc8q4j8b10s1h.jpg
    shaman in question: http://www.hdimage.org/images/5pct13yno31hp3v4nlr5.jpg
    On that note, lets finish this here, and go back to the subject of people needing help that need it, be it macros/vehicle part of this or w/e.
    Last edited by Niley : 08-18-2009 at 07:06 PM
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

I've just started clearing toc heroic last 4 days or so and here's my tips.

Get regular on farm. Gear makes a FREAKING HUGE difference. You'll be amazed how much easier the fights are after gearing up in ToC normal (i stared in AH purples and blues).

Heroic, my strat. (i run DK tank, resto druid, ice mage, balance druid, ele shaman)

Put group in middle and not on follow, just throw shield breakers and thrust. Once the first boss is down, move your whole group to stand on top of him, then start killing second guy. Once 2nd drops, leave group on first guy, move your main onto the second guy. dps 3rd down to about 20k hp, then run for the door. Kill him at the door then run out.

Once your back in the bosses reset. I always kill healer first (shaman) because i don't have the GEAR to dps through the heals if i'm on the rogue or warrior. Rogue is second and warrior third for me. A HUGE hint for this is to stand right by the hunter, his dps sucks in melee and he rapes in range.

Quick tip, stand right in the doorway entrance they start at, when the hunter disengages, he goes into the "not allowable" deadzone and just runs right back to your tank at the edge of the arena. (i'm talking about the space it looks like you can walk up to the gate in but you are barred by invis barrier).

(rogue warrior healer champion combo makes me cry but i still get it after a few tries)

eadrich: Pretty much go nuts, expect him to 1 shot a couple of your guys so dps hard and fast so you don't get as many hammers. Pretty easy fight really if your healer isn't 1 shot first.

Paletress: (i think this is the hardest boss in the whole place BY FAR)
    I find that only 50% of the time does my tremor totem work. Most times my group gets feared across the whole dam arena at some point during the fight.
    Important points: purge the hot she puts on the shadow guy. this is HUGE.
    2nd set up a silence focus macro. I dps shadow with paletress as my focus and when i see her casting in my focus frame i mash the interupt button which stops a lot of damage. This fight is really about keeping ahead of the dang paletress dps spam on random targets. My guys don't have the gear to take 3 shots in a row + some random aoe from the mob so this fight is really hard but doable.

Black knight.
    I spread out so ghouls only explode on one player if that happens, and the aoe only hurts one person too (phase 2).
    Also, when he spawns ghouls, i aoe to get them on the tank, then freeze them all with the ice block aoe thing. This buys me about 10 seconds of guys not getting beat on. I also pop all cooldowns here and usually they last about 20% into phase 3. I found that if i can get through phase 2, usually i can eek through phase 3 without cooldowns.

Good luck out there! have fun!

shadownmoon
    5-80 shammies (pvp team)
    80 DK, Mage, Boomkin, RDruid, Shaman - instance team
    75 druid, 4 hunters (fun instance and pvp team, it's amazing what you can tank with 4 aoe tanking bears lol)

When you said t6 and t4 I took it as meaning full gear at that level. As you can see from my armory.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sangiovese

Your pally in t6 has better stats than me. The only area I beat him is block rating, 540 defense instead of 533, and alittle bit of armor value. That goes to show you how powerful the rest of your gear is that makes up for equiping all the lvl 70 stuff to my lvl 80. I am not trying to poke holes but doing any test with a pally and 4 shaman in that instance is not a fair comparison. Having cleanse, resist, elementals, bloodlust, tremor totems, and healing streams really makes the fights in there much easier. My group of pally, 3 mages and a druid healer have a terrible time vs paletress. She is a cock block to my group composition. More power to you for owning the instance. Hopefully people are getting tips by watching your streams. For me its still a nightmare. It's so much of a pain in the ass I think one of my shamans needs to come out of retirement to join my group. I have 5 shaman but have no interest in playing them anymore.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    For me its still a nightmare. It's so much of a pain in the ass I think one of my shamans needs to come out of retirement to join my group. I have 5 shaman but have no interest in playing them anymore.
    hehe ... I saw your composition earlier, and it occured to me that maybe I should finish leveling some mages to 80 so I could bring in a counterspell or two, just for the first fight.

This isn't a new idea for me. I actually rolled the mages in the first place because my locks were having trouble in MgT and I thought it might be nice to have some polymorphs to lean on!
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

"eadrich: Pretty much go nuts, expect him to 1 shot a couple of your guys so dps hard and fast so you don't get as many hammers. Pretty easy fight really if your healer isn't 1 shot first."

You only have one shaman, but if you have grounding totem down at the start, it absorbs HoR. And you should be able to refresh it in time for a second HoR. I only died once to his HoR due to not knowing the fight. Now that i know, I keep grounding totems down and never have to worry about dieing due to one shot HoRs!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Group composition is a large factor here.

Eadric once I got my cleanse timing down is pretty routine. I've only done him twice on heroic as I keep drawing Paletress....

... who, like Pinot, is a dead end for me atm. I think I need to get a round robin dispel set up for her HoT and using a focus target to hit her with silence/coutnerspell/whatever-works sounds like a great idea.

I've sort of given up on heroic with Paletress for now. I'm running instances as my helm on all my toons are still blues (engineering purple on my mage is the lone exception) so I'll upgrade some and come back.

Still WAITING for the dang tank trinket to drop in normal. What a PITA running that over and over is for a single drop.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Adding in the Purge and the Counterspell to my spam made the difference for me on Paletress. Was so much easier once I did that.

Still have a lot of trouble with the Knight though. If I manage to get through phase 2, usually 1-3 of my toons are near death or dead. I can only squeek by if I get lucky. The two times I did win only my tank was left standing.

What I have been doing as soon as phase 2 starts:

Druid drops trees
    Shaman drops fire elemental if its up
    Tank uses consecrate, holy wrath? (aoe spell, forget the name) and argent defender
    Everyone spams on Knight
    Priest spams AOE heals and tank heals
    Shaman casts thunderstorm when ghouls get to the party
    Strafe as soon as knight dies (at least I try to)

Properly timed thunderstorm, healer not getting bolted in phase 2 and beat on and tank getting as many ghouls aggrod as possible seems to make the difference for me. Much more micromanagement than I am used to. I might not be spreading them out enough, but I worry that if I do I won't be able to strafe away from the explosions. Ah well, just have to keep at it until I get a strat that works for me.

Team - Pro Paladin, Ele Shaman, Bal Druid, Arcane Mage, Holy Priest

I agree - Gear makes a huge difference! just started by farming nonhero for gearups and then tried heroic mode.

i run heroic mode with
    Paladin (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7Thol&n=Dapimp)
    Elemental (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Bischibosch)
    Elemental (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Bischibasch)
    Druid (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hol&n=Pîmpkin)
    Diszi-Priest (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hol&n=Pîmpkin)

gear is nearly everything out off normal mode and i got lucky to get all weapons on heroic - so this is giving me a good boost. just farm other heroics to buy T8,5 for emblems of conquest. i just did 2-3 raids with single chars.

And i'm still wiping on bad "champions" combination like Healer & Rogue sometimes. It's easier by swapping Resto-Shaman for Priest.

Paletress is also a pain in the ***. as soon as she casts her shadowform i'll set my toons on follow and set up tremor totems. aoe heal after massfear and try keeping shadowform next to paletress. in my opinion she will cast less spells then (might be wrong). i normally burst through her Hot and use blootlust. never tried cleansing/purging the hot.
    Last edited by rulemaker : 08-19-2009 at 05:18 AM
    Team Planetrule @ EU-Mug'thol

Dapimp / Bischibosch / Bischibasch / Pîmpkin / Pîmpnurse
    Paladin / Shaman / Shaman / Druid / Priest
    Heroics clear: (All) - Oculus still in progess
    Twinks (old Team)
    80 Deathknight
    70 Shaman
    70 Paladin
    70 Mage
    64 Warlock

Went in to heroic for the first time Monday night, been putting it off in favor of badge grind. Wiped a couple times on the Champs, tried to kill the shammy first with no luck. Then I hero nuked the rogue first and it all got easier after that. Killed Era no problem. Got to phase 3 a couple times on the BK. Checked the combat log and put up shadow aura and popped hero in phase 2 which got me into phase 3 with hero still going. So it wasn't too bad. Oh and I got the achievement from pure dumb luck.

I've Had Worse - Defeat the Black Knight in the Trial of the Champion on Heroic Difficulty without any player in the group being hit by a ghoul explosion.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=3804

Ran it again yesterday. No wipes but I lost shammys in phase 3 of BK. Again I nuked the rogue first, once you take him out the other two are cake no matter what combo you get. Have not seen paltress on heoric yet, so that I am sure will be entertaining.

So far no weapons for anyone, and the rifle dropped (the one I want on my original main)