Close
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 265

Need more updates ON HEROIC MODE if we can. I started another thread for normal.

I haven't tried heroic yet, but my first run through normal was far from trivial. Let's keep the HEROIC strats flowing in this thread!
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

The champions do back off and charge, though. And they always seem to rush the same target at the beginning of the fight, which almost instakills your mount after a few seconds. They also refresh their shields constantly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't even seem to dent these guys. Sitting back against a wall and not using charge doesn't do anywhere near enough damage and there aren't enough mounts to refresh your ride as fast as they can damage you.

here's two vids of the jousting / champions in heroic. Very sloppy kills, and horrible videos but maybe it might give someone some ideas

(spectacular wipe at the end of the first video where i get surprised by green slime)

edit #2: awesome demonstration of the new Paladin argent defender talent saving the day in the 2nd clip... i'm sleepy

sorry for lack of 2nd two kills - I wiped twice on the second boss and forgot to hit record on the kill shot. I'll post a vid of the Black Knight tomorrow - was too hectic tonight to get anything worth watching.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/heroic_Jousting/

http://www.wegame.com/watch/postwipe_revenge/
    Last edited by Dorffo : 08-07-2009 at 06:44 AM

Dorrfo, that was on heroic?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Need more updates ON HEROIC MODE if we can. I started another thread for normal.

I haven't tried heroic yet, but my first run through normal was far from trivial. Let's keep the HEROIC strats flowing in this thread!
    We (4+1) just cleared it on heroic. Did it 4 times on normal before (still no tanking trinket, sigh). There is not much difference between normal and heroic except of increased mob hit points.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoooth View Post
    Thanks to all who have contributed to this, I finally cleared this after many wipes. For the first group of bosses use this macro and all you have to do is 2 button spam.

/assist focus
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton1
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton2

and

/click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton4

It will keep up your shield and lance when in range and shield break when further away. Keep your guys back near a wall like others have said but I found out if you are completely against the wall I kept getting line of sight issues even when they are right in front of me. I took a step away from the wall and it fixed it.

2nd boss is the easiest, just use interact with target to face after fears.

Last guy phase 2 make sure you set up your guys so they have a clear strafe path and dont get stuck on the wall. You need to get away quick or they'll get nuked. I turned my guys slightly to the left so they could strafe away to the right.

Does anyone have a macro or know how to quickly re-equip the weapons after dismounting? I got owned because I was still using the lame lances.
    Thanks, is there a reason it has to be 2 macros? Is it because it would get stuck due to gcd?
    My equip weapon macro is simply:
    /equip Titansteel Guardian
    on my shammies and the same sort of thing for the pally. I bound the equip to the same button I use for Avengers Shield
    I use this macro before they mount up:
    /equip argent lance

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Dorrfo, that was on heroic?
    Yeah that was heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacra View Post
    Thanks, is there a reason it has to be 2 macros? Is it because it would get stuck due to gcd?
    My equip weapon macro is simply:
    /equip Titansteel Guardian
    on my shammies and the same sort of thing for the pally. I bound the equip to the same button I use for Avengers Shield
    I use this macro before they mount up:
    /equip argent lance
    Thanks for the macro, I didn't know you could do that.

As for it being 2 macros if it was one when you hit it, it will only go on to the next click if the previous is unusable but not on cd as in out of range. But if its on cd it will just get stuck on it.

You may be able to make a third macro that does a /click macro1 and /click macro2. I haven't tried that yet so I'm not sure if it would work.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

How are you getting focus to work while in a vehicle? I'm using party1, etc, because none of my /assist macros work while in a vehicle.

have to re-focus after you enter a vehicle.

So I load everyone up and then my follow macro looks like:

/focus dorffo
    /follow focus
    /assist focus