Close
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 265

I got through the joust on normal but the second bitch is killing me. She summons a guy and I cant dps the thing down before it wipes the floor with me. The problem is I get feared every 10 seconds it seems and then it aggros every person in my group and will not stay on the tank. So the thing runs around killing everyone while she is blasting away at someone too. Maybe I need at shaman in the group for this because 3 mage, druid healer and pally tank is not working.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Are you starting your casters off at max range? I do it without tremor totem and he doesnt get more than 1 hit off on another before the fear breaks. I do a quick taunt and pull him back as I face him on the dps and back up. You can also bubble and drop it immediately or try using a pvp trinket.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

No matter what I do the summoned mob will not stay on the tank. It's a constant fight to get aggro on my tank, heal others that are getting beat on and dealing with fear. It goes like this.

Bring the boss down to about 30k health she cast the summon mob. The summon mob comes I aggro it with my tank. Get a few shots off on it then it aggros someone else as it fears us. I taunt back and it stays on me for a few seconds then fears or goes bolting for someone else. The whole time this is happening the boss is casting stuff on random people too.

I dont know what the trick is but I cant keep that summon mob on my tank for nothing. I spend most of the time trying to heal my guys and taunting. Not to mention trying to get them lined up to target the damn thing after fear. Someone needs to post a movie or something. I dont think it's possible for me to kill the second boss. At least not with my group.

Oh the 3 bosses after the joust were a total pain in the ass too. The rogue aoe was nasty without any nature resist or cleansing totems. Stupid rogues.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

I have 2 vehicle macros:

/assist brik

/follow brik

Then just literally button smash 1, 2, and 4 non-stop together

Grats, you are a jousting champion. It really is a silly system.

Target one on your main, assist, then smash 1,2,4 - this will break their shields when they are at range, hit them when they're close, and keep shield up on you. Rinse and repeat. If the char they are focusing gets dismounted, just jump on a new mount (Fight against a wall near new mounts). This is literally all I do. No finesse, no nothing. Target one, assist, smash 1,2,4. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmcgee21 View Post
    Not that its very hard to begin with lol but anyways some quick strats.

Boss 1) This is mounted combat but its increadibly simple, just have your 4 followers stand in front of the dude you want to kill while riding figure 8s around it with your main keeping its shield down. Also make sure you keep all of your shields up, remember you can thrust and charge shields at the same time, seperate cd's. Also make sure your watch each toons mounts hp, if it gets low simply alt tab to that screen .. ride over and get a new mount .. takes almost no time.
    Surprisingly, this part didn't end up being "incredibly simple"... and I'm on normal.

The mount combat is clunky and irritating, alts break follow every time you charge, and it's generally just a lot fo "out of range", "too close" error message spam on all 5 clients. Try circling, figure 8 patterns, etc.

I managed to get to the 3 elites, killed 3 of them, but it takes so long to kill them, they just walk over and mount up again really hard to keep them stunned when all my alts are dying or being chain stunned trying to get new mounts.

Any suggestions?

Well I tried killing the Black Knight on heroic at least 20 times. Survived past phase 2 about 5 times, but with 1 or 2 guys. Most of the time my slaves just get owned by the ghouls.

I tried both just DPSing the boss with some strafing or trying to AOE the ghouls. AOE didn't work so well for me. Thunderstorm appeared to blast them back for me, maybe not the exploding ones though?

Blech...well, hopefully I will figure it out tomorrow. Of course, now I got to manage to survive the other 2 bosses again...eeep!

For the jousting I basically did what Jimbob posted. Of course, I wiped after I got them all down...but meh, I don't care, I just zoned back in and took care of business (heh, well, took me a few tries). I downed the shaman first. I probably should have taken the caster second, but didn't. She was pretty easy on her own.
    Second boss I had nfi what was going on, lol. I finally realized there were a bunch of mobs I had to kill after killing the first three and accidentally aggro'ing a second set. Priest first, monk last. The final boss I just tanked/spanked. He blinded/feared me etc... but I just hit my follow macro and it wasn't a real problem (at least this one time, we'll see tomorrow).
    Last edited by heffner : 08-06-2009 at 03:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobobb View Post
    I have 2 vehicle macros:

/assist brik

/follow brik

Then just literally button smash 1, 2, and 4 non-stop together

Grats, you are a jousting champion. It really is a silly system.

Target one on your main, assist, then smash 1,2,4 - this will break their shields when they are at range, hit them when they're close, and keep shield up on you. Rinse and repeat. If the char they are focusing gets dismounted, just jump on a new mount (Fight against a wall near new mounts). This is literally all I do. No finesse, no nothing. Target one, assist, smash 1,2,4. Repeat.
    Do you keep your 4 slaves up against a wall and just run around on your leader or do you always keep your slaves on follow the whole time?

Slaves are backs against the wall at all times. You can move your main to break shields, or move the target into melee range of your guys, and to 'trample' fallen champions. But the slaves just sit against the wall, so that way there are never any facing issues.

wow this argent confessor on heroic is a real bitch it be kewl if she summoned the mob and stopped spamming my shamans for 6k i have to heal so much i cant even dps then fears just screw me totaly. anyone done this on heroic got some pointers?

Yea i cant get her down most ive done was got mob she summons to 45% thats ignoring healing and just trying to kill him. she can be interuped but casts so fast its nearly impossible.
    Last edited by Void : 08-06-2009 at 02:32 PM
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Got Heroic Black Knight down last night after two trips to repair (i'm stubborn!)

The first two phases pretty much come down to being able to burn the boss fast enough to make the ghouls a non-issue (then lots of strafing out of explosions)

The third phase is where I was dieing for an hour+ He'd go all ghosty and proceed to just own the team. On the win I popped Elementals, bloodlust, Diving shield, Divine Sacrifice and went through 3 of 4 reincarnations... but he died! Snagged a main hand spelldmg and neck upgrade for one of the sham.

Gonna go back today with some resto-spec goodness and see if I can just grind him dowm through his AE.