Close
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 265

Quote Originally Posted by Malekyth View Post

I don't mind the mounted segment so much now that I've got Argent horsies working in the same Macaroon profile as everyone else (heh, [target=vehicle,exists] solves everyone's problems) .
    can you elaborate on the [ target=vehicle,exists] I'm not familiar with that.

*edit: after some quick searching found macros of the form:

/assist focus
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton3

does that look correct?
    Last edited by Dorffo : 08-05-2009 at 04:15 PM

Ok, so I have been trying this. Can't get past the first battle. I managed to kill the champions but they just simply go and remount. I was reading that I need to trample them or something???

Guess I'll try again....

you have to keep running over them when they get up and try to walk over to the wall to re-mount.

If you knock all three off their horses at various points and then wipe, they will be waiting for you on foot when you zone back in.

i FINALLY cleared the normal mode..was not easy at all for me 8( BUT i got this yummy trinket >> http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47216/the-black-heart/

I died a lot and I'm sure I am not doing stuff right. about 400 is repair bills later lol.. but that trinket was worth it!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

The first 3 waves of simple mobs can be tanked&spanked without mounting. You need to mount up on 1 character though to get the event started. Once, you're down to the last mob of the 3rd wave, you can mount up on all your characters and finish him off.

This will get your 5 completely fresh mounts for the 3 champions to finish off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorffo View Post
    can you elaborate on the [ target=vehicle,exists] I'm not familiar with that.

*edit: after some quick searching found macros of the form:

/assist focus
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton3

does that look correct?
    I'm at work, but that looks right. I run an FTL setup, and put vehicle checks in each of three macros (on my warlocks, Thrust is shared with a DoT castsequence, Shield-Breaker is shared with Shadow Bolt and Charge is shared with Immolate -- just because those have convenient hotkeys already assigned), on both the main and alt keys. I have a thread somewhere on "Argent tourney macros" that describes a Macaroon profile I switched to whenever I mounted up ... I just incorporated those buttons into my primary profile, combining the Argent macros with my regular DoT, tank, etc. ones, so I don't need to switch anymore. It's a bit of work but really convenient.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Well managed to squeek my way through to the Black Knight....still working on him though.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this, I finally cleared this after many wipes. For the first group of bosses use this macro and all you have to do is 2 button spam.

/assist focus
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton1
    /click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton2

and

/click [target=vehicle,exists] VehicleMenuBarActionButton4

It will keep up your shield and lance when in range and shield break when further away. Keep your guys back near a wall like others have said but I found out if you are completely against the wall I kept getting line of sight issues even when they are right in front of me. I took a step away from the wall and it fixed it.

2nd boss is the easiest, just use interact with target to face after fears.

Last guy phase 2 make sure you set up your guys so they have a clear strafe path and dont get stuck on the wall. You need to get away quick or they'll get nuked. I turned my guys slightly to the left so they could strafe away to the right.

Does anyone have a macro or know how to quickly re-equip the weapons after dismounting? I got owned because I was still using the lame lances.
    Last edited by Smoooth : 08-05-2009 at 11:46 PM
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

I cannot get past the stupid joust. I dont know what you guys are doing but the bastards kill off my guys.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    I cannot get past the stupid joust. I dont know what you guys are doing but the bastards kill off my guys.
    Just make those 2 macros I posted and spam the crap out of em. You will need to get a new mount on your main after the second group and again during the bosses. When you get another mount during the bosses you will lose all the aggro and you shouldn't have a problem after that.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP