Close
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 265

The 3 champs are hard.. they go in and out charging and casting shield breaker on you. please tell your secrets!!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Try backing your followers up to a wall, so the 3 champs have to fight in front of them where their thrust always works, then just circle out with your main and toss shield breakers as you need. Of course make sure the peice of wall you use has some fresh mounts nearby.
    Long time hydra ....
    Asynk, Bysnk, Cysnk, Dsynk
    <Illidan Server - US-Rampage BG top 5's rating 2321-S8>
    <Glory of the Hero complete x5(1/27/09]>

Retired- Conlaenn (6box)<Saryrn server - Everquest>

I singled boxed this with a pretty well geared and well played group last night.

We couldn't beat the female boss who cast the "nightmare" spell that summoned a ghost. First off, she seemed to target low HP targets OTHER than the tank with a 6k smite. She had a habit of doing this right after the ghost cast "Walking Nightmare" or something like that that caused a 4 sec fear and 1250 damage per second for the 4 secs.

Once I got hit with smite, feared, and hit with smite again when the fear dropped. The timer on the two smites was 4 seconds apart. Total damage? 14k. (Was already down some.)

Until I get the tactics figured out on this boss solo, I can't see any way to five box this.

P.S. The mounted combat was beyond trivial with 5 single players.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

hmmm well sounds very hard for you but on normal i found it cake with a ok geared group guys in blues with 15k hp but my dk with 32k dont know why its so hard for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    I singled boxed this with a pretty well geared and well played group last night.

We couldn't beat the female boss who cast the "nightmare" spell that summoned a ghost. First off, she seemed to target low HP targets OTHER than the tank with a 6k smite. She had a habit of doing this right after the ghost cast "Walking Nightmare" or something like that that caused a 4 sec fear and 1250 damage per second for the 4 secs.

Once I got hit with smite, feared, and hit with smite again when the fear dropped. The timer on the two smites was 4 seconds apart. Total damage? 14k. (Was already down some.)

Until I get the tactics figured out on this boss solo, I can't see any way to five box this.

P.S. The mounted combat was beyond trivial with 5 single players.

Woah - I can't imagine how a 5 person group could lose any of these battles. I one-shot the normal mode, and died twice on heroic figuring out that I had to move my guys away from the ghouls to not get exploded and also once during the mounted combat. This zone is multi-boxing candyland. Running regular nets you 5 De'able purples and takes about 15 minutes. Running heroic again nets you 5 DEable purples (and even some stuff worth equipping), 3 Conqueror badges, and took me about 30 mins dieing 3 times. I'm sure you can get the heroic down under 20 minutes easily. This is going to replace my daily VH run. My guys are mostly wearing Naxx 10 level gear.

Edited to add information is regarding HEROIC (Which is also a joke)

First Three Champions (Mounted Combat until you dismount them all, and then everyone gets dismounted and you just tank/spank):

If you put your guys against a wall, the 3 groups of 3 easy mode guys sit in the middle of the arena waiting for you to engage. So you kill the first set of 3, then the second set of 3, then change horses on your main for the 3rd set so your horse is at full health. The 3 main champions don't wait in the middle they run to your group as soon as the last group of 3 easy mobs is killed. Simply put your 4 slaves against a wall so they are always facing whoever you are targeting. Have assist and follow keys and such set up for mounted combat. If you get knocked off your horse just jump on another one right there against the wall. I died between dismounting them all and going into the 2nd part of the battle where they are not mounted. If you die after you have dismounted them all, when you come back they stay dismounted, and you can simply continue with the second part of the fight which is basically just tank and spank the 3 champions.

Second Fight: Either Eadric the Pure (JOKE!) Or Argent Confessor(Meh) Who you get is random

Again there are 3 groups of 3 easy mobs that you pull before the boss. Once the last group of 3 is dead, the boss comes.
    Eadric the pure is basically tank and spank. The two abilites I saw him use were a blinding light type ability, and a super hammer type ability. The blinding light ability has a cast time and a huge "EADRIC THE PURE BEGINS TO CHANNEL HOLY LIGHT" or some such announcement. Simply turn your guys so they aren't facing him. If they are facing him when the light comes out, they get blinded and will wander for a few seconds. If you tank gets blinded he will lose aggro on Eadric. I simply turned my tank only, let the other guys get blinded, and then just tapped my interact with target key/movement key to get my guys facing correct again after each blind. The other super hammer ability also has a huge warning with who he targets. It just does a buttload of damage, but had no trouble just hitting that person with a heal.

The Argent Confessor summons some random mob that can fear and does some sort of aoe. Just drop a tremor totem. Throw some chain heals/wild growths/whathave you. My druid has around 2000 spellpower and his wg kept everyone topped off no problem. You have to kill the mob she summons because she is 100% immune while it is alive. So just focus it, kill it fast, then back to her. They each have like 350k hps I think it was on heroic. It's not bad at all.

Third Fight: The Black Knight (put up shadow prot aura if you have a pally/priest/whatever)

Consists of three phases. Each phase the Black Knight has around 277k hps

First phase: Tank and spank. He summons a ghoul. Just kill the ghoul quick then him.

Second Phase: This phase sucks. What I finally did was put my guys against a wall and kept the black knight at max distance the entire fight. He summons a legion of ghouls that explode. I popped all cooldowns on this phase and just killed him asap. When he dies all his ghouls explode after a few seconds. I could not thunderstorm them away from my group during this time. I straffed my guys away from the ghouls asap the moment he died.

Third phase: Tank and spank. He does some aoe that I healed through. He marks one player and they take extra damage so I just healed that player, as he didn't seem to do that much to my tank.

This zone is amazing guys. Actual upgrades, badges, and abyss crystals as far as the eye can see.
    Last edited by jimbobobb : 08-05-2009 at 11:31 PM

We blew through "normal" in 20 minutes. Its heroic I'm talking about.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

after working out some jousting kinks I was able to do normal a couple times fairly smoothly and upgraded some tank boots even, yay! Haven't tried heroic version yet though (was sooooo laggy last night).

had no issues with the bosses after the champs - though the first time I ran into the end guy is was a very messy kill.

I concur on the Hyjal lag last night... I left the Crusaders area pronto. Of course a while later the lovely unable to create instance errors started up.

I am hoping to try the normal 5 man tonight, or sometime this week?

I am struggling with the 3 champs. I place my followers against the wall and assist my tank.. the problem is the 3 champs almost always 3x shield breaker me otw in. How do you over come that/? Also I'm assuming you kill one..then the next? I also seemed to notice that they get a new mount if they fall off? Someone needs to detail exactly how you do it. This seems way harder than some of you are posting, unless I'm missing something. I'm more than geared for the fights btw.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I got through to the second Black Knight phase on regular before I looked at the clock and decided I didn't want to get fired for oversleeping. I'll give it another go tonight.

I don't mind the mounted segment so much now that I've got Argent horsies working in the same Macaroon profile as everyone else (heh, [target=vehicle,exists] solves everyone's problems) ... but I wonder ... why did they leave this in? It's not particularly fun. Each group of three trash rush one character, they don't refresh Defend and don't try to Charge, so you just stand in one spot spamming Thrust until you win with almost no damage taken. This is about as challenging or interesting as listening to the announcer at the beginning.

The actual bosses I found to be a lot tougher than expected. It's sort of like MgT in some respects -- not a lot of trash to grind through, mostly bosses, excellent loot and harder than your standard level 80 5-mans. I think they struck a nice balance between stepping up the challenge and creating a barrier to players not quite leet enough for the big leagues. That mix wasn't quite right with MgT, but I think it is here.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)