Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

How did you manage to survive standing in the middle of the eruptions on Heigan? I noticed that during the phase where he's not on the stage, you didn't move yet the eruptions didn't kill your tank...
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

The eruptions range from about 3k normal to 6k crit on the tank. I found it easier to heal through them than run about as that was causing me range issues.

Huh. I thought it was about a 20k hit total if you were nowhere near the safe zone!
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

Just looked this up on wowwiki, apparently it's only a few k, but it can hit multiple times if you're far from the safe zone. Flicking back over the video, the tank did lose some large chunks of his health now and then, so maybe this tactic is a bit reckless but I'm lazy. Maybe exercise a little more caution if you attempt to 5man the heroic version
    Last edited by SmartJelly : 08-14-2009 at 12:48 PM Reason: spalling

video says you're not in any raid gear except BOE's from the AH. Does that mean you're in full heroic gear? I've spent some good $$ on BOE epics from the AH to start heroics and i'm about 1700-1800+ dps ... how the heck are your guys at 2200+ dps in no raid gear? More info please

Had an 8 man attempt on Noth with another boxer, with a similar setup to yours but having problems with the healer (priest) dying from aoe mobs or missed taunts. Have a couple of questions for you:

1) Do you have your mage set up to decurse the group, or are you just eating that damage?

2) It looks like you are trying to keep adds down to one or two before continuing to dps the boss - is this the case or are they mostly going down from incidental CL damage?
    Darkerdecay - 80 DK, Spadoodle - 80 Priest, Fierykitten - 80 Mage, Smïtten - 80 Pally, Boofey - 80 Druid (Caelestrasz)
    Oogajigga, Oogajagga, Oogajogga & Oogajugga ~ Troll Shaman (Caelestrasz)

wow thats amazing! Effex and i have killed 9 bosses with 2 teams of 5 now he has stopped multiboxing :-(

At least i know if i try i can do some of it on my own! how exciting!
    Not Mushroom In Here - Mag EU

my main team:
    Lunarsunrise 80 DK, Pillowpants 80 Priest, Tigz 80 Warlock, Tagz 80 Hunter, Shrooman 80 Shaman

my fun team
    Teebee, Tiibee, Tiebie, Teebie 53 Priests

>video says you're not in any raid gear except BOE's from the AH
    There are some nice raid drops that can be found in the AH, such as Benefactor's Gauntlets, Mantel of the Eternal Sentinel, etc. As Smooth mentioned, I was about as geared as I could be, pre 3.2, without actually doing raids myself.

>I thought it was about a 20k hit total if you were nowhere near the safe zone!
    I did this again with combat text on. Thee eruptions hit the tank for 6000-6500, and sometimes hit twice. So if I happen to also have the disease that halves hitpoints then I could be taking a large % of my remaining health. I could potentially get the paladin or a shaman to remove the disease off the tank, if the totem doesn't get it 1st, but I've had no problems using this tactic.

>Do you have your mage set up to decurse the group, or are you just eating that damage?
    A shaman was removing the curse. I no longer use the mage as the paladin is now providing replenishment.

>It looks like you are trying to keep adds down to one or two before continuing to dps the boss
    I was under the impression that the boss enraged, or at least the adds increased. So my tactic was to dps boss when he was there and deal with the adds when he went away. However, due to a little panic over healing at the start, i tried to pop off a few adds.

I just did this again, trying to make it last as long as possible by taking the adds down 1st. After a few waves, a new type of add (plagued construct) joins, who hits quite hard, and Noth only spent 30s on the floor between waves. If you can manage to ignore a few adds and dps Noth instead then I'd suggest doing so.

I did notice some taunt issues with the Plagued Gardians, who do arcane explosion, maybe put the tank between the party and their spawn point (bone pile to the left as you enter), they go down quick. Edit: Actually they spawn from vaious places, so scrap that.

Good luck
    Last edited by SmartJelly : 08-15-2009 at 04:06 PM Reason: fix plagued gardian spawns

Wow. 5 manning a 10 man raid. I love how you did Heigan, eating half of the slow dance to concentrate on dps. I always end up getting my toons killed during the fast dance part. I remember trying to 5 box naxx with another 5 boxer and we just couldn't do it.

And the plague wing is probably the best one, because as previously mentioned, no enrages, minimal adds to worry about, so no defininite need for an off tank. Hell since I have 8 80s now maybe I should just get a couple more accts and 8 box it.....