Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Thanks for your feedback

>My mixed group dps has a hard time breaking 2k dps so I doubt I would be able to get past the gargoyles.
    I've been finding it hard to get my mage and druid to match the dps of the shaman, which is a shame as they can both bring some really nice (de)buffs to the party.

>On Loatheb did you put something in your macros to target the spores or did you handle it some other way?
    The totems took care of those; that was my 1st attempt on Loatheb so I had nothing prepared other than reading up on wowwiki. It took me 40 minutes to get passed the trash before him, so I was very relieved.

>Do you think there may be some way to get around the lack of replenishment?
    A few weeks ago I tried this with 4 shaman and almost (15%) got him (once), but I had to tank the adds close to the team so the AoE damage would trigger water shield. This time, I put thunderstorm on my dps macro for its mana regen and glyphed to stop the knowback, and with a pot/flask maybe it's doable.

>The other option would be some kind of dodgy dual spec for my pala tank so he can get replenishment.
    That does sound dodgy, gonna give it a try though

>none of the bosses enrage.
    In some of my longer fights with Noth, I found that he started to spend less time on the floor and adds spawned faster. It may have been my imagination, or a bug; be sure he's fully reset before releasing. I hear Loatheb enrages after 5 min (but doens't seem likely looking at the timings)?

Noth took 13 minutes, danced for 11, and Loatheb was 10 on the dot.

For those looking for an upgrade path without raiding (like myself), I hope this offers something to try out before 3.2 comes to the rescue
    Last edited by SmartJelly : 08-03-2009 at 02:13 PM

That was rather impressive, love the video and good job on 5 boxing what some 10 individual players still cant do lol.

I must admit that he did have the whole damn place down like he did it every day but he got the achievement for doing it on the video, man how many times did you die? Was it a perfect run?
    Daggerspine Alliance: Phoebus(Tank), Soozanuna(Heals/Tailor), Angakak (Enchanter), Wakantanaka(Herb/Alch), Znakharka, Jonhyone(JC), Marious(Other Tank/BS), Magnux(Enchanter), Coyolxhauqui(LW)

Nice! You really did make it look easy. Although, I doubt I'd last beyond the first trash pull..

>Was it a perfect run?
    I'd previously broken about 3 sets of gear tring to get Noth down before I gave up and geared my mage; he then went down 1st time.

Another set of gear on the Heigan to find the winning formula, although I already knew the dance. Finally, the trash room between Heigan & Loatheb broke another set but he went down 1st time.

The whole run took about 3 hours!

>For those looking for an upgrade path...
    Now that I've look over the available loot, it seems like more trouble than it's worth. Although it still good fun to try

Quote Originally Posted by heffner View Post
    Nice! You really did make it look easy. Although, I doubt I'd last beyond the first trash pull..
    Thanks I probably got through a whole set of gear getting the 1st trash pull down; before realising I was on 25man... Give the 10 man a go if you're bored of heroics, you may be surprised.

Impressive!

Ok scratch the 10man multiboxing plan. Back to 5 man

Questions:
    1) Do you think a DK tank can do this too?
    2) Do you have 4 ele or 3ele and resto for this run?
    Last edited by Diwa : 08-08-2009 at 07:12 PM

Thanks

>Do you think a DK tank can do this too?
    I've not played a DK, but I dont see any reason why not, as long as your casters can keep their mana up.

>Do you have 4 ele or 3ele and resto for this run?
    In the video it was 2 ele and 1 resto for the most part, with a mage for replenishment. 4 ele on the gargoyles.

>The other option would be some kind of dodgy dual spec for my pala tank so he can get replenishment.
    I respec'd to dodgydid, and tried it again this weekend with 4 shaman... It was a doddle, there was always plenty of mana to go around and the tank didn't seem to suffer much from missing the top end prot talents. I even went 4 ele on Loatheb, but I now have the benifit of 3.2 conquest rewards

The rotation's a little naff and I miss throwing my shield around but if can still do heroic ToC tomorrow then I'm gonna stay like this and the mage can go back to making water.

Thanks for the idea

I hear some of those fights (heigan, loatheb) have 45 minute enrage timers. Just so people would stop 2 manning them.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

whoah... I'll give a try asap now that I saw that !!!
    Nice nice nice
    4xShamans & 4 DKs - OMG !!!!