Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default QWEASD used as movement keys for multiboxing... HOW?

Alright, I'm sorry to have to ask this but I've spent over an hour reading these forums and checking out guides and can't seem to find an answer. Some of the guides that I thought would have the answer don't exist anymore, the links point to unloadable pages or need to be updated.

First, a little of what I want to do. I am playing Runes of Magic. Me and my gf have characters, they are both the same class but we can't play together most of the time and I can't just not play lol. RoM doesn't really support macros yet I suppose since when I try to use them the game crashes or u get a long error string message. What I want to do is to have my characters stacked, facing the same direction, and use QWEASD for movement. I am NOT a keyboard turner, so lets not go there =D. Follow does not work very well since tab targetting doesn't target from very far away and the follow distance is not quite as close as WoW's is PLUS after trying to use follow, the other character is 90% of the time not facing the perfect direction for targetting. How do I get my movement keys to 'stay pressed' when I am wanting to move with them? IF a guide exists that explains that, just link and I will follow.

On another note, is there a way to make it so that when I do figure out how to get the aforementioned taken care of, that I can manually select targets with my mouse on both screens? Another link for this would be appreciated as well if such a guide exists.

Thank YOU!

lol RoM supports more macro'ing than WoW ever will. You can program a freaking whole other game inside it.

Take a look at my thread real quick, that should help. Then look on the official forums in the macro / addon section for more detailed stuff.
    "To be, or not to be" - There is no such question... To be - But to be what...?
    ---------------------
    Currently 3-boxing multiple groups
    Warrior/Mage/Mage + Hunter/Priest/Warlock
    Horde-side - Illidan / Haomarush - US

Posting 2 identical threads is really unnecessary

Using QWEASD for movement, not WoW
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Default SOLUTION

I multi 3 priests in ROM - All you need to do is go into the Key Bindings settings and change QWEASD to UNBOUND...or other (unused) keys. I personally use the arrow keys, bind my main to that to move around and use AutoHotKey to set the arrow keys to "do not pass" to the slave/clients.

Turning on click-to-move is good anyway because it helps your team to auto-rotate to face their targets...