Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Rough ride in UD Strat sigh...

(Rant)

So my first run of strat boosting two lowbies with my 80 hunter didn't go too smoothly. Didn't even make the baron timer due to my lowbies dying alot (they're finally at red gear now lol), and having to run them back from the dumbass graveyard that's by the main entrance of Strat (whatever happened to the old graveyard at Blackwood Lake, that was a short, straight run north to the east gate of the instance)

First I left the lowbies at the zone-in, opened the gate, and ran up to and volleyed the first pack. I didn't catch the Magistrate. Then I went and did the next pack up, boo I was too far from the lowbies.

Next I tried to pull half that room off to the side of the entrance, like somebody said it's necessary to pull it to get the max exp per run, well my pet died on the way back to me and I died while volleying, only got half of them down. Too many mobs boo, and the lowbies were close enough to get aggro and get mashed too.

So we run back, start the gauntlet. I had the lowbies come into the room with me. First couple pulls went fine, then the 294876982746 gargoyles flying by all kept aggroing onto the lowbies from ten miles away and shooting their ranged spell at them. I couldn't get their attention fast enough (largely because they were out of range of my shots lol), so the lowbies died quick and lost a bunch of exp from the 9 or so mobs I had going.

Same thing happened again with a gargoyle before pulling the baroness, so had to run the lowbies back yet again (that murders your baron timer that GY run). Baroness went fine, kept the lowbies far enough away to not go in combat yet close enough to get exp and loot, and dismissed my pet, she went down quick & easy.

Lost the lowbies to an eye of naxxramas that I heard, but couldn't find until the gargoyles appeared on top of my lowbies. Ran them back again, sigh. This time I tried cutting through the left side towards the magistrate's area, forgot about the insect trap and lost them again right away to that. By this time I was down to ten mins on the timer, hadn't even killed magistrate yet so I knew I wasn't gonna make it.

So I do the magistrate's area fine, and go into the baron area, gate closes as expected. I'm out turbo-pulling the abominations, and didn't notice that one from the back got triggered by the event and ran into the gate area to mash my lowbies yet again. Now I was screwed, the gate stayed shut and I couldn't get them back in. So I just finished the event, killed baron and ran them all back to the entrance then went to bed. I think I was in there about an hour and 15 mins sigh...

So I just really have to get used to where to park the lowbies so they're not always just following me, and I have to volley more - was sending the pet into a pack and then just shooting them normally to kill 'em. I should park the lowbies at a safe distance, then run right up to the pack and volley a couple packs together.

Won't be playing again for a couple nights due to RL plans, hope I get things going smoother in Strat than last night.
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory

When I do UD strat i dont bother doing the baron run. It takes too long. Just keep killing the mobs at the service entrance and then the main entrance.. run out the service entrance and repeat. there are several areas that your lowbies can be left without getting aggro.

Give Blackrock Spire a try instead. Lots of corners to hide the alts behind, and I found a partial run of UBRS/LBRS that nets a full level of XP with RAF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4MM7a7X7gA
    No Currently Active Teams -- Awaiting SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by 'Trick',index.php?page=Thread&postID=216844#post21 6844
    Give Blackrock Spire a try instead. Lots of corners to hide the alts behind, and I found a partial run of UBRS/LBRS that nets a full level of XP with RAF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4MM7a7X7gA
    Hmmm. Dunno how well my hunter would survive vs. all those guys in blackrock spire...
    Shadowsong US:
    Moosetracks (surv FORMER raiding main) armory L80
    Mousetracks (assass/combat former raiding main) armory L80
    Background (holy, to be new raiding main) armory L79

Team A (Level 75) (retired, priest extracted to above)
    Foreground (prot) armory
    Middleground(demo) armory