Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tracker Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by 'Redbeard',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214873#pos t214873
    Dont have an answer to your question but wanted to pass on a thought that I found helpful when reading about this in the past:

As a multiboxer, you have a really great opportunity to completely destroy dailies and make immense money through those means. When running multiple characters, I really think its more worthwhile to just do dailies etc (even run dungeons and DE stuff for materials to sell). Ive chosen to just go with non gathering professions on each of my chars and then just AH for stuff.

What I just said is totally irreleveant if you a) enjoy gathering and want to do it regardless of difficulties b) dont want to AH for materials , just wanted to pass the thought along.

Have a great day and good luck to you.
    This is bassicly what I decided to do. I camed down to conclusion that wondering around nods and keep switching trackers around my characters isnt my game.

For that I came down to an diffrent strategy and use only 3 out of 10 possible proffesions slots.

Main:
    Enchanting
    Minning

Second:
    BlackSmith

Minning + Smithing to be able to make lots of usefull greens I might use or disenchant, and I also plan to do Instances and that means even more disenchants and precious enchant materials that tend to be expensive (Especially Ilusion Dust).

Blog Entries

Look into Tailoring, if you're interested in greens.

It uses cloth, which drops off of any humanoid type mob, so does not require its own gathering skill.

As far as producing items specifically to DE, tailoring is one of the best.
    Once you get to Northrend, there's a chance to receive extra cloth as a Tailor.

It might be worthwhile going Tailor + Mining or Herbalism on the main.
    The other gathering skill on a slave with Mappy so its readily visible.

Enchanting can be on any toon, the ring enchants is ok, but its mainly for DEing rewards, where the mats sell for more then vendoring the item, maybe 75% of the time.

Currently, Jewelcrafting then Blacksmithing (extra sockets) then Inscription (stronger shoulder enchants) are the most bonuses over other professions. In 3.2, Blizz is supposed to balance this, so the bonuses from professions are relatively close. Still, each class has their own needs so one will likely be at least slightly better then another, as far as an individual class is concerned.

i agree with everyone so far, best would be to have map up for slaves with "Find" whatever on and try to keep and eye on it OR run a /cast sequence macro which could be very tiresome.

This isnt a fix but a work around. why not use addon "Gatherer" i think its call. what it does is marks off every node you have come into contact with, on your map. Regardless of what profession you are.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-Terry Pratchet

Tad offtopic I realise, but has anyone else picked up tailoring on an alt only to realise thei huge ass mistake? You have to loot using that alt to get extra frostweave off corpses lol :/

/palmface

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ualaa',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214970#post21 4970
    #show
    /castsequence Find Minerals, Find Herbs
    My Shaman team is the only one's I've started from scratch with once I got into Multiboxing, so just about all other toons on my main account have crafting/gathering profession, so for my Shaman team, I decided to have my main take on both Mining/Herb. Alts have LW/Skining on one, and so far only JC on another. No need for Inscription and Enchanting again since I got these up pretty high already on my main Priest and Mage. Might take on Enchanting solely for disenchanting useless BoP gear from instances once I get high enough. But anyway, I use this on my main Shaman and it works pretty well for me. I just spam it when not in combat as I travel around. Beware that they both are on the same global cooldown as your spells. Grab a 'Gatherer' addon such as the one for Cartographer and you can track all nodes better.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tasty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=215810#post21 5810
    Tad offtopic I realise, but has anyone else picked up tailoring on an alt only to realise thei huge ass mistake? You have to loot using that alt to get extra frostweave off corpses lol :/

/palmface
    I haven't gotten into Northrend yet with my mage who has the highest skill in tailoring, but just about how much of an increase in cloth drops is this? the 20 slot bags go for quite a bit of gold on my server and I would love to take advantage of farming with him instead of my hunter that's got Mining/Skinning instead. My mage that has tailoring happens to be on the same account as this hunter, so unless I do a character transfer, which I'm not, I won't be able to run them two together.

Blog Entries

I investigated the addon MAPPY, which Furosphere recommends in this thread.

I am extremely pleased with this addon, thank you Furosphere for your suggestion.
    My team leader is a skinner/enchanter (thinking of going Tailoring/Enchanting for extra cloth).
    I have one slave with herbs/inscription and another with mining/skinning (moved from another team to this one).

It is extremely easy to see herbs and ore on the slaves window.
    I have their minimaps slightly larger on their windows then my main's mini-map on the active window.
    Mappy strobes ore/herbs in a bright yellow/blue pattern which is super easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tasty',index.php?page=Thread&postID=215810#post21 5810

/palmface
    Yes, my healer, which I've always placed on the bottom right quarter of my second monitor (ie farthest away from me), is my tailor. I very quickly decided to just ignore any extra cloth drops.

Only exception to this is when I pull 10+ mobs and kill them in the same location, I quickly check with the tailor after the fight for any extra cloth.
    Also, for those mobs that can both drop extra cloth and are skinnable, you have to loot the cloth before you can skin them, which is both annoying and good I guess.

Blog Entries

Carbonite, might help you here. I have one toon I Mine/Herb on. What I do is import my gatherer info to the carbon map, right click on it, and choose show.

It will show all herbs and mines in an area.

Stephen

edit for spelling, kinda hard to do while eating and fighting back a puppy trying to steal my pizza.
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War