Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [WOW] Considering faction / server transfer to join a Multiboxing guild

WIth the changes to RaF, I am definitely considering 10-boxing. However, if I go this route it will not be on my current server.

Currently, I play Horde on the server Firetree. It used to be a medium population server, but now it is low population and has become a terrible place to box. The economy is terrible - my team of alchemists (12) can easily saturate the AH making it hard to sell everything to make a fortune, even with deep undercuts. I've tried diversifying, but that requires a lot more time. Also, I am the only multi-boxer on the server for either faction. It gets lonely out here.

The main multi-boxing guilds that I am aware of are the Alliance guild Legion of Boom on Kil'Jaeden and the Horde guild "The Zerg" on Magtheridon.

According to http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Total

Realm Online TZ Type Language Alliance Horde Ratio Overall

Firetree 02/05 EST PVP EN 216 (17%) 1,042 (83%) 1:3.1 1,258 (my server, Horde)
    Magtheridon 12/04 EST PVP EN 5,783 (71%) 2,328 (29%) 1:1.6 8,111 (The Zerg, Horde)
    Kil'Jaeden 12/04 PST PVP EN 13,991 (41%) 20,033 (59%) 1:1.2 34,024 (LoB, Alliance)

Just based on population, Kil'Jaedon wins by a huge margin. I reviewed the realm forums for each and the KJ forums are very lively.

So I have a few questions for representative of LoB and The Zerg?

How are your realms? Any regrets? Is the economy good and plenty of gold to be made? How stable and active is your guild?
    Do your guilds do any serious World PvP or organize any fun events? I always thought it would be awesome to organize a multiple multi-boxing only 40-man raid and destroy all the faction leaders. I wonder how fast 40 arcane mages can kill a faction leader. Or for that matter, how fast can 40 arcane mages kill Vann?

Also, I realize a lot of boxers are scattered across several realms. Are there any small to medium sized ones worth mentioning and worth the transfer?

The main reason I want to move is to take advantage of the higher population server AH, World PvP, and to be with other boxers. However, there are some disadvantages.

Server Transfer: $25
    Faction Change: $30
    Total: $55 per toon.

Currently, I have 15 level 85s and plenty of lower level ones. So I'd likely only move one team over, probably my DKs.

Though, if I started 10-boxing and do RaF, I could simply start a new 5-man group in the new guild. I wouldn't have any gold or heirlooms, so I would transfer at least one established toon to start so I can give the new team heirlooms and gold.
    Since I'll have RaF bonuses for a while, I'd likely level several new teams to 80 (Dks, mages, mixed group, warlocks,

Eventually, I would like to move all of my toons over, but that grand total would be $1100. Perhaps I can call Blizzard to work out a deal, maybe not. Though, maybe I should just stick with one team and continue to play Alliance / Horde on separate realms.

LOB is very active. The economy is ok but our mage teams are saturating the epics from firelands right now. If you moved to KJ I think you would find everything you are looking for. PVP que times are really fast. The people in the guild are very helpful and friendly.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

the zerg on magtheridon is really active too, we have 1x 10boxer 6-8 5boxers and a 7boxer (why 7 i dunno) and several 2 and 3boxers. like right this second there are 24 online. and it is always pretty active in vent as well.
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Draka is great for alliance, but not so great for horde. I have had trouble selling volatile air horde side before, but easy enough to just use the neutral AH and send it to my alliance bank alt.

It would suck if you transferred all your toons to all of a sudden have it eligible for free transfer. With Blizzard losing 300k people a month it may happen someday, where they merge low population servers.

Ravencrest, Alliance EU is fairly active, we have arouns 5 multiboxers in the guild atm

You weren't the only one on Firetree :-) But I did stop playing soon after cata - now re-started on KJ on both side - though more heavy on the horde side at the moment - where I welcome all boxers too <Beast> - I'd love to run stuff with more than just me there - I have a few toons on Firetree I haven't transferred yet - most notably my first character to hit 60 - I'll transfer him after he finally get the fishing ring (ie maybe never...)
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

I just want to add one thing about Warcraftrealms.com and their lists of active players.

The realm I'm playing on, Saurfang-EU, used to have ~500 active players according to Warcraftrealms. Using their addon, Census+, in the past 3 weeks I've seen well over 15,000 players so far. I wouldn't trust the numbers shown on that webpage anymore.

I ain't gonna brag on "The Zerg", okay maybe a little. But Magtheridon has become my new home since I came over 3-4 weeks ago. I am in the process of tranferring another 2 accounts over (inactive son's and active daughters) so I can play with them. On most nights we are rampaging in BGs for hours on end. The WOW forums stay lit up and populated with tales of our exploits of alliance foolishness. Our AH isn't the most active but I have a hard time not finding something and there is a good amount of options on it. The prices are middle of the road but lots of opportunities to make money.

We do have 2 x 10 boxers, multiple 5 boxers as Justamage told you earlier. We have successfully, won the AV Blitz, multiple FTHs, and shutdown IOC with a score of 302 - 0 ... so if you like PVP we are a very good candidate. Vent has 2-8 people in it most times of the day. The Alliance does cry when they are trying to get TB on a Horde Defense because we will be there. Even more so for Horde Attacking.

Alliance runs when we show up for FL dailies and their auction house has wanted posted for Tinybasher, Shamanone, Waggleone, Justamage, and numerous other primary toons because we keep alliance from making money. Fun group of guys, vent chat is generally polite and mostly profanity free.

Also if comparing you should also review our sister guilds "The Protoss" and "The Terrans". "The Zerg" previously filled up to the 1000 toon limited.. currently around 890-900 so the two sister guilds were started. I haven't checked their population but we have mods that allow chat between all three guilds.

Finally, I think one of the MB software authors is a member of our guild... so tech help is on line for addon/software issues if you ever have a question and need some help.

We do pseudo-Guild Pure AVs and IOCs. To do so we use PreformAVEnabler addon from Curse. We are using 2.66 and 2.67 versions. So if interested give us a yell and ask for Oathbreaker/Tinybasher or one of the other officers and we will see if we can lure you over. Everything is better horde side.

And WOW... that was some Necro-threading going on there...
    Last edited by smalltanker : 01-25-2012 at 02:04 AM

I have to toot the horn for The Zerg as well. I am two months into 5 boxing and being in a guild full of boxers is alot of fun. I am focusing on leveling my third team atm before my RAF expires but I will be joining in the shenanegans very soon.