Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

skills: security analysis and digital forensics
    rate: $90/hour

whatchew got for me mang

@heyaz
    are you saying you are out of work and have been looking for a while?
    do you have a CV? location requirements? flexible on the rates? etc

It's a kind gesture, but I'm taking bets on how long it'll be before KC regrets this

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214367#pos t214367
    it would probably be a bit tough, prolly requiring a visa, but i can check.
    no need atm! just had a call and it looks like Ive just landed myself a new contract. quite a nice one too. 1 days rate will pay for 10 wow subs for a year

Quote Originally Posted by 'Effex',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214400#post21 4400
    no need atm! just had a call and it looks like Ive just landed myself a new contract. quite a nice one too. 1 days rate will pay for 10 wow subs for a year
    Damn, keyclone is even better at this than I thought. 8|
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214352#pos t214352
    the USAF can be a great opportunity, if you treat is as such. grab as much training and education that you can while you're in. any and all leadership training will help set you up for management gigs later on (meaning, more money)
    O I know I'm planning on going career with the USAF. Who else is even offering retirement anymore little alone a 20 year one? Definitely going to be going to school the entire time I'm in. Not full school load the entire time mind you, but one I get a degree I'll be taking a class or two here and there just taking it at a steady pace. Afterwards I'm planning on trying to get a job with the DoD or some other goverment position for a 2nd pension after another 20 years and be retired before 50 :thumbsup: That's what my brother is doing anyways, he's done with the USAF next summer and already got a very nice paying job lined up with the DoD.

I leave for Basic Military Training (BMT) (Boot Camp) on Oct 13 which is the reason why I've been so busy irl lately working 60 hour weeks trying to get absolutely everything paid off before I leave and working out 6 days a week. Actually I need to go workout right now

Interesting...

I know in these hard economic times people get let go from their jobs and times can be tough. I also know quite a few people who are jobless and have been jobless for an extended period of time. 2+ months. I have a nice job, chair and AC so I cant complain. However I do know that if I got fired or let go, the first thing I would do is walk across the street and get a job at good old Burger King the same day. I don't have to like it, but working there and pulling in min wage while I look for my next job is better than what I see most jobless doing by passing up jobs because they are beneath them.

The only problem with that Starbuck is you can't collect on unemployment and your out 8 hours a day of possibly finding a new job in the meantime, it is sometimes counterproductive but I do like your attitude!
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by 'Starbuck_Jones',index.php?page=Thread&postID=2144 77#post214477
    Interesting...

I know in these hard economic times people get let go from their jobs and times can be tough. I also know quite a few people who are jobless and have been jobless for an extended period of time. 2+ months. I have a nice job, chair and AC so I cant complain. However I do know that if I got fired or let go, the first thing I would do is walk across the street and get a job at good old Burger King the same day. I don't have to like it, but working there and pulling in min wage while I look for my next job is better than what I see most jobless doing by passing up jobs because they are beneath them.
    I had this same discussion (read fight) with my ex-wife. While we were together I found myself unemployed and she didn't understand why I wouldn't just go get a McJob. The way the math worked out assuming I worked a 40 hour a week job at McDonalds getting a GOOD wage (say $8.50) I'd be losing about $8.50/hour worked over my unemployment insurance. I'd also spend all my time at work so I couldn't properly research positions with other companies and prepare for interviews.

In my career I've had several points when I was unemployed, and each time I've immediately filed for unemployment and fired up the job-finding-engine known as beating the streets/phonebook/interwebs.

There is no shame in it, it's insurance that you pay for - and by not using it you are only shorting yourself.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=214488#post 214488
    There is no shame in it, it's insurance that you pay for - and by not using it you are only shorting yourself.
    I use mine every winter to help compensate for reduced hours. Stupid contractors, I still don't see why they can't pour concrete in the snow!
    Gurb Fan Club:
    #1 Fan - Zenthor