Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default ISboxer setup using multiple Computers

Hi all,

I am trying to setup Innerspace for multiple computers and have gone through the information in the wiki and the computers do appear to see each other and I have set it up so that the character set for the other computer is in the "also launch" area. I am just not sure how to setup the keymaps properly. Since the characters are not all in the same character group I just cannot tell it which character to broadcast to (right?). I just need a couple of simple keymaps that either broadcast to all the characters at the same time, no matter which computer they are on, or do it in steps where each step goes to a different instance. If I setup each keymap seperately in each character set then they won't be linked I don't think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it matters but I am using EQ2.

Thanks!

Just create an Action Target Group, throw the characters in it, and use that as your Keymap target.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Svpernova09',index.php?page=Thread&postID=213692# post213692
    Just create an Action Target Group, throw the characters in it, and use that as your Keymap target.
    I must be missing something but I cannot figure out how to set the action target group as the keymap target. I can see where I can set it for an individual character, or ALL but not to specify the keymap.

Where should I look?

Edit: I just did some searching and it looks like I should have Group (all of) <your new Action Target Group> as an available option for the keymap target but I don't. I only have the options for Window, Character Slot and Character, but nothing for Group.

Edit2: Did some testing and it appears the target group will only show up if the characters are in the character set for my main pc. Even if I add the character set for the other pc into the keymap it still doesn't show up. As long as there is atleast one character from the main set it'll show up otherwise it won't. I would like to be able to do it where I can send to just the character on the other PC and so far it doesn't seem to be liking me for that.

Here's my setup;

5 Toons, Baylen, TheRuiner, Menage, Aahh, Trois

Character sets: 5 characters on 4 computers
    • Baylen-TheRuiner 1 computer
    • Menage 1 computer
    • Aahh 1 computer
    • Trois, 1 computer
    Action Target Groups:
    • DPSShaman (Aahh, Trois)
    • Healer (Menage)
    • Deathknight (TheRuiner)
    • Shaman (Menage, Aahh, Trois)
    When I created my buff key, I went to New Mapped Key -> New Step -> New Keystroke Action. In Target drop down box, you should see all your options that you've got setup. You can select character slots, names, or all of or other any of the groups you've got setup. If you're groups aren't showing up here, verify you've got the Characters assigned to the character sets.

I have to be doing something wrong, because I still can't see it.

Here's my setup

4 toons on one computer - All in one character set
    1 toon on another computer - in another character set

2 Action target groups for:

character on the other computer
    both healers on the main computer

The keymap I am trying to setup has the character set for the 4 toons in it.

I can see the keymap for both of the healers in it when setting up a keymap but not for the character on the other computer. If I add the other character set then I can see the other target group but then I don't think that is what i am suppose to do because that would make character slot 1 used for both the toon on the other computer and for the main computer.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

The Target Picker will attempt to filter out Action Target Groups that don't apply to the selected Character Set (either picked via the * button next to the drop-down box, or by being the only Character Set). The current version filters based on the main Character Set only -- this is getting fixed as of now to include the sets linked via Also Launch. You can de-select the Character Set by selecting the empty option in the list (via the * button)``, and then no filtering will be done. Every Character and Action Target Group will be listed.

But that should be irrelevant, since you've only got one Character on the other PC. You should see "Character:<Name>" for every Character you have, including the one on the other PC. Unless you're wanting to send something to a sub-set of all the characters that includes the one running on the other PC, and one or more but not all of the characters on the main PC (as in, you want to send something to 1 on the main PC plus the 1 on the second PC) then an Action Target Group is doing nothing special for you -- you can already pick Character:MyCharacterOnSecondPC as the target.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Awesome. That is just what I needed. Thank you very much.