Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 36

Not Sure about if this effects slots eg using 2 AGP or PCIe slots or if the card has 2 GPUs.

Consider the following scenario:
    • You have a Windows Vista-based computer.
    • The computer uses two or more DirectX-compatible graphics processing units (GPUs) in a linked configuration.
    • You are using a DirectX 10 application and driver.
    In this scenario, the computer's graphics performance indicates that only a single GPU is being used.
    CAUSE
    This problem occurs because the operating system does not forward driver-render requests to the secondary GPU.

Take a look for yourself at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936710 just choose the 32bit or 64bit fix to download. If you are running SP1 on vista I'm not sure if it was already included but you can try it and see. I dont think it has anything to do with which cards you use as it's a VIsta Bug for all people running multigraphics cards.
    Team 1 Level 70 Alliance
    1xPally 2xMage 1xShaman 1xPriest
    Diabolos - Paladin - Prot | Ifrit - Mage - Frost | Bahamut - Mage - Frost | Ramuh - Shaman - Elemental | Gardua - Priest - Holy

Currently living in China and playing on CHINESE servers. No WotLK or RAF in China yet.
    70 Warlock, Rogue, US Server -- Mage Chinese server
    60 Shaman -- CS
    55 Warlock -- CS

Thanks a lot man!
    [align=center]Give peace a chance[/align]

needed those changes ty super info

Freaking AMAZING!! +1 Karma for you sir... I demand a sticky
    Gurb Fan Club:
    #1 Fan - Zenthor

The second fix said it does not apply to my system. I was surprised to see my new pc was set to balanced under the power options. Thanks for the heads up.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

So is this fix safe to use without any risk. I mean there is no risk that system overheat and such?

It will only consume more power?

The video card one told me that the fix does not apply to my system (vista64), so does that mean its already installed??

Thanks very much for posting the energy plan post and link. Mine was stuck in Dell's "balanced" mode X(

I had noticed that my two cards were running underclocked (like 250MHz versus the advertised 825MHz) when I first got my machine last fall. I tried all kinds of things to fix it, and eventually ended up installing RivaTuner and using that to manually configure the cards to what they were supposed to be and that fixed everything. It sounds like these fixes will correct my problem too so that I no longer need a 3rd party app to manage the cards anymore.

Great find.
    Duskwood - Alliance - PvE

Where do I look to see what my cards are running at and what they should be running at? This is on 4870x2s.