Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Keyclone / Macros

Might as well finally register after lurking around for a while :)

I kinda stumbled across this site totally by accident.

Currently I am looking at using keyclone to run three Wow's on one machine. (Probs running three Frost Mages for easymode kiting / aoeing)

However I do have a couple of questions about macros, Not really sure which sub forum this would go into but what the hell.

When moving around, I would presume that the follow command is used on the character in the main window? Then you have to use a /assist macro to attack the main windows target?

Hopefully will have it set-up and running later on today ready for the weekend :)

Default Re: Keyclone / Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper
    Might as well finally register after lurking around for a while

I kinda stumbled across this site totally by accident.

Currently I am looking at using keyclone to run three Wow's on one machine. (Probs running three Frost Mages for easymode kiting / aoeing)

However I do have a couple of questions about macros, Not really sure which sub forum this would go into but what the hell.

When moving around, I would presume that the follow command is used on the character in the main window? Then you have to use a /assist macro to attack the main windows target?

Hopefully will have it set-up and running later on today ready for the weekend
    yes you have main char and others follow behind and assist

you can use /focus macro command to easy change main char so every1 will follow focus target and assist it
    Coffee Resurrects.

What is a frost mages primary DPS spell? Their blizzard? If so that will suck for 3boxing due to being a targeted and channeled spell.

For leveling my AE group I went with a pally for tanking (spec'd holy) and two arcane mages... Works great, there's some lower level examples of their sticking power in the video's forum (Look for Team Doublemint).

I'll grab some updated footage this weekend and show some mid-30's AE grinding and the agro I hold even better now ! Of course as I level the mages are reaching into the fire tree now, and becoming more of a force to be dealt with... at some point I'll switch the paladin to Prot/Holy but it wont be until I can reach Holy Shield.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

first, make sure all your mages have Cone of Cold and Frost Nova on the same hotkeys on all 3 clients. add the frost nova hotkey to your RoundRobin list. find a nice spot with humanoid mobs a level or two higher than you, preferably with 3+ camps close together that you can run between and clear. one camp wont support enough mobs and you will have excessive down time waiting for respawns.

since frost mages crit a lot on frozen targets and CoC hits multiple mobs, i think id be AoE farming with it. simply run into a group of mobs, hit fire blast on your way in (mostly just because its there and you might as well use it.. focus fire it on any named/harder mobs in a camp if there are any, to help get that mob down quicker) and then spam 3/4 arcane explosions then hit frost nova ONCE and cone of cold x3. you should crit all 3 CoC's on frozen targets most of the time.. then, if theyre still not dead, spam arcane explosion a few more times. this tactic should let you drop groups of 6-10 mobs at a time with ease.. simply run into a camp, use the spell combo i mentioned, loot, next camp. if you find a good spot you can run in circles and only need to drink every 2/3 pulls (20+ mobs). nice xp/cash, minimal down time and much less risk of death when compared to fighting elites. elites are only really worth farming for drops.. they slow down your XP too much to be worth leveling on.

focus on all +crit, +int, +con in that order. +spell damage has limited use when most of your DPS will be from instant spells. you shouldnt even need a tank or any more than your 3 mages once you get this tactic down.. mobs will only get a couple of swings on you before theyre nova'd and critted to death and you have 3 novas to keep mobs locked down while you CoC or spam arcane explosion. bind a key to "move backwards" on all toons so you can nova and step out of melee range if your previous nova breaks early.

same tactic should work in PvP, too.. except that youd make the decision whether to open with frost bolt from range (vs warriors, rogues, etc) or get in their face with frost crits if theyre ranged toons (casters, hunters, etc)

remember to precast shields before you engage, obviously.

for some fun... try using mouse-mapping with your assist and follow macros.

open setup, click mouse-mapping, and left-click on the 'mouse action'. LBUTTON should appear. then click under 'key' and hit the key you have associated with /assist. then hit '+'

then right-click (or shift+left click... or whatever mouse action you want)... then under 'key' hit the key you associated with /follow. then hit '+'

if you do it right, then when your main clicks on something to attack (left clicking) you will automatically do an assist and all your clones get the target at once. same with /follow and its mouse action.

enjoy!