Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 173

Threaded View

Default ISBoxer Toolkit - Zero to Hero in 30 minutes Setup.

The scope of this document is to answer the brief "how do I get up and running" type questions I get from people I recommend use ISBoxer Toolkit. This setup should work perfectly with any UI mods, it works with any action bars, it works with any class of characters, it works with complex macros and simple hotkeys and even works in all vehicles I've come across.

Required Software
    Before you start down this road understand that while ISBoxer Toolkit is free, Innerspace is not, and is required for ISBoxer to be useful to you. If you are not a subscriber to Innerspace you can fix that by following my referal link, by doing that you give me time on my IS Subscription and you get a bit more for your money on the front end. (If you buy 3 months, I get 30 free days and you get 15 free, if you buy 1 year I get 45 days and you get an extra 30 days free.)

Ok, so lets get down to business, first download Innerspace get it up and running and make sure you can launch your game with it. Once you have done that, download ISBoxer Toolkit (You may even want to read that wiki article I just linked you to, but that may seem a bit much so instead I'll walk you through most of it here...) Install Jamba like any other UI mod - it's VERY useful for multiboxing and really it's on the must have list.

Once you start up ISBoxer Toolkit you will see the display split in 3 screens. The top pane, left pane and right pane. Each has it's purpose and cascades down in details from top to left to right.

If you find yourself with questions, feel free to stop by the IS IRC channel and ask for help. Many talented people hang out there and can answer more questions than I can even begin to think of! That said, lets get started!

ISBoxer Overview

When you first start ISBoxer you will see three panes, in the top pane you will find the overview of the setup, in the left pane you will find details about the selected item in the top pane, and in the right pane, you will find details about the selectetd item in the left pane.

Tell ISBoxer what characters you want to play...
    To get started, right click on "Characters" and select "New Character".

Name the character in the top pane, this doesn't matter what you name it, so if your names are visually confusing like Samam and Sarnam and Sarnarn you can put them in caps or spaced out to clarify which is which. In the right pane you will see a field "Actual Character Name" - this matters a LOT so make sure you set the names right there.

Select World of Warcraft and the World of Warcraft default profile for game and game profile. If these aren't options, then your InnerSpace isn't setup right, please visit the IS IRC channel for support there.

Once you are done you should have 5 characters setup and the top pane should look like this:

Tell ISBoxer that these characters go together!
    Now that you have 5 characters setup, right click on "Character Sets" and create a new one. This is where you will define the characters you play together and this allows you to have multiple setups (3v3, 4 + healer, 5 straight up, etc).

In the right pane, leave the "Launch one character every" set to 7 seconds, this helps wow launch smoothly and while it takes a moment your machine will thank you. This is also where you setup your "ISBoxer GUI toggle hotkey". I set mine to ctrl+\ so it's something I'll never hit in day to day business, but easy enough to get to when I need it. I'll cover what this GUI is for later in the guide.

Once your set is created, right click on "Slots" in the left pane and create 5 new ones.

The details on each slot are important, each has settings that are similar, each has settings that are different.

Hotkey to switch tot his character - Set this to the key you want to press to activate this charactter, in these screenshots I use F13-F17, in my actual setup I use XKeys 16-20.
    Broadcast keystroke - I don't utilize this because I figured out how to cut this from 5 keys down to one! But I have to configure that in keymaps not here.
    CPU Cores - I've found that I get the best performance out of letting all 5 copies of wow use all 4 cores. Windows manages the load, and it all works out smooth.
    FTL Modifiers - each copy needs to have unique settings here. My settings are as follows:

• Slot One: Left Shift
    • Slot Two: Right Shift
    • Slot Three: Left Alt
    • Slot Four: Right Alt
    • Slot Five: Left Shift + Left Alt
    I left control out of this because I often assign Control to my other keybindings.

Note: AltGr is not the same as Right Alt, it is not FTL friendly and has caused many users hours of grief.

I use 60/15 foreground and background framerates, this is specific to my setup because I have a mod that changes graphics settings on the fly and will always give the foreground the most power and best graphics while clipping the background clients down to bare minimum requirements. Not ideal for PVP, but since I don't PVP that doesn't matter!

After you create these slots, assign characters to them by dragging one character to each slot. (Edit: I had missed this in my initial walkthrough.)

Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 08:25 AM Reason: size=omg
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere