Close
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 173

Hybrid View

Default ISBoxer Toolkit - Zero to Hero in 30 minutes Setup.

The scope of this document is to answer the brief "how do I get up and running" type questions I get from people I recommend use ISBoxer Toolkit. This setup should work perfectly with any UI mods, it works with any action bars, it works with any class of characters, it works with complex macros and simple hotkeys and even works in all vehicles I've come across.

Required Software
    Before you start down this road understand that while ISBoxer Toolkit is free, Innerspace is not, and is required for ISBoxer to be useful to you. If you are not a subscriber to Innerspace you can fix that by following my referal link, by doing that you give me time on my IS Subscription and you get a bit more for your money on the front end. (If you buy 3 months, I get 30 free days and you get 15 free, if you buy 1 year I get 45 days and you get an extra 30 days free.)

Ok, so lets get down to business, first download Innerspace get it up and running and make sure you can launch your game with it. Once you have done that, download ISBoxer Toolkit (You may even want to read that wiki article I just linked you to, but that may seem a bit much so instead I'll walk you through most of it here...) Install Jamba like any other UI mod - it's VERY useful for multiboxing and really it's on the must have list.

Once you start up ISBoxer Toolkit you will see the display split in 3 screens. The top pane, left pane and right pane. Each has it's purpose and cascades down in details from top to left to right.

If you find yourself with questions, feel free to stop by the IS IRC channel and ask for help. Many talented people hang out there and can answer more questions than I can even begin to think of! That said, lets get started!

ISBoxer Overview

When you first start ISBoxer you will see three panes, in the top pane you will find the overview of the setup, in the left pane you will find details about the selected item in the top pane, and in the right pane, you will find details about the selectetd item in the left pane.

Tell ISBoxer what characters you want to play...
    To get started, right click on "Characters" and select "New Character".

Name the character in the top pane, this doesn't matter what you name it, so if your names are visually confusing like Samam and Sarnam and Sarnarn you can put them in caps or spaced out to clarify which is which. In the right pane you will see a field "Actual Character Name" - this matters a LOT so make sure you set the names right there.

Select World of Warcraft and the World of Warcraft default profile for game and game profile. If these aren't options, then your InnerSpace isn't setup right, please visit the IS IRC channel for support there.

Once you are done you should have 5 characters setup and the top pane should look like this:

Tell ISBoxer that these characters go together!
    Now that you have 5 characters setup, right click on "Character Sets" and create a new one. This is where you will define the characters you play together and this allows you to have multiple setups (3v3, 4 + healer, 5 straight up, etc).

In the right pane, leave the "Launch one character every" set to 7 seconds, this helps wow launch smoothly and while it takes a moment your machine will thank you. This is also where you setup your "ISBoxer GUI toggle hotkey". I set mine to ctrl+\ so it's something I'll never hit in day to day business, but easy enough to get to when I need it. I'll cover what this GUI is for later in the guide.

Once your set is created, right click on "Slots" in the left pane and create 5 new ones.

The details on each slot are important, each has settings that are similar, each has settings that are different.

Hotkey to switch tot his character - Set this to the key you want to press to activate this charactter, in these screenshots I use F13-F17, in my actual setup I use XKeys 16-20.
    Broadcast keystroke - I don't utilize this because I figured out how to cut this from 5 keys down to one! But I have to configure that in keymaps not here.
    CPU Cores - I've found that I get the best performance out of letting all 5 copies of wow use all 4 cores. Windows manages the load, and it all works out smooth.
    FTL Modifiers - each copy needs to have unique settings here. My settings are as follows:

• Slot One: Left Shift
    • Slot Two: Right Shift
    • Slot Three: Left Alt
    • Slot Four: Right Alt
    • Slot Five: Left Shift + Left Alt
    I left control out of this because I often assign Control to my other keybindings.

Note: AltGr is not the same as Right Alt, it is not FTL friendly and has caused many users hours of grief.

I use 60/15 foreground and background framerates, this is specific to my setup because I have a mod that changes graphics settings on the fly and will always give the foreground the most power and best graphics while clipping the background clients down to bare minimum requirements. Not ideal for PVP, but since I don't PVP that doesn't matter!

After you create these slots, assign characters to them by dragging one character to each slot. (Edit: I had missed this in my initial walkthrough.)

Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 08:25 AM Reason: size=omg
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Tell ISBoxer About your Monitor Setup
    Under window layouts right click and pick new. Highlight "Regions and you'll see a screen similar to below, unfortunately the "Autolayout" button wont work if you have 3 monitors like I do, but thats the price we pay for power now isn't it?

Anyhow, click Autolayout and you'll see this wonderful dialog. Chose 5 sessions, and if you have dual monitors and want the "thumbnails" on the 2nd monitor check that box. Make sure to check the "I want session 1 to have it's own inactive slot" as well, I find this MUCH more intuitive than my original layout option where the sessions get all shuffled about. hit OK and you'll see how IS will layout your windows. If you don't like it, drag and drop them, resize them, play with it, etc...

Now drag your character set (mine is "Sons of Sam") from the top pane down to the "character sets" portion of the left pane, you'll see it's added. This tells ISBoxer that when I play "Sons of Sam" I want it to utilize this layout. If you want to do 3v3 you can create a special 3v3 layout and drag your 3v3 character set down, etc... very flexible!

Configure your "repeater" profile...
    I didn't create screenshots for this section since it's so absurdly easy... in the top pane right click "Repeater Profiles" and create a new one. You don't need to set hotkeys, whitelist/blacklist.

On the left pane click on "repeater" and in the right pane make sure you have "Show fake cursor in repeater target windows when mouse repeat is enabled". This is a totally awesome feature that makes this mouse repeater 100x more usable!

Drag your character set from above down to the character sets list here, and make sure startup defaults have both key and mouse repeater disabled.

This is great, but when do I get to shoot something?
    So, you wanna shoot something... lets setup a keymap to allow that to happen! Right Click Key Maps in the top frame and create a new one, name it "DPS Keys". Select it and in the right frame click the "Use FTL Modifiers" box.

After you create this keymap, drag the character set down (In my example this is Sons of Sam) and drop it inside just like you did with the Window Layout.

The first thing you need is a way to target your enemy! So lets create an assist button that utilizes the VERY powerful FTL system. Right click "Mapped Keys" in the left pane, create a new key and name it something logical, since I use backspace as my assist key, I named it backspace, you could call it "assist" or "target" or even "steve". Also in the left pane, click the name of the mapped key, and in the right pane you'll see where you actually say what key you are mapping. In this screenshot you see I map this to my G11 key which is a little finger away instead of the Backspace which is all the way across the keyboard. Since this isn't a movement key I don't need to hold it while I hold the key, and I'm using the FTL Modifiers.

Now right click on "steps" in the left pane and select new to create a new step. Steps are also used for Round Robin and other advanced support, since we want to do the same thing EVERY time we press this key, it's set with 1 step. If you wanted to do something different each keypress, you could setup multiple steps. For now, stick to one, it'll make more sense when you start playing.

Now on the left side click on step one, and on the right side add an action by right clicking "actions" and selecting "New World of Warcraft Macro Action". For the target set it to all with current, set the key to be backspace, and down near the bottom check the box that says "But first..." and assist the hot character.

The mechanics of this step aren't visible right now, but this step is very important. What we just did was had ISBoxer create an FTL Assist Macro that will be available to each character in game and bound to their backspace key. The end macro looks something like the assist macro below, and is 100% the same thing hundreds of multiboxers smash thousands of times a day - but it's made for you instead of you working hours to polish it out.

/assist [nomod]player;[nomod:alt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Samam;[nomod:alt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Sarnam;[mod:lalt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Samarn;[mod:ralt,nomod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Sarnarn;[mod:lalt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Samarri

So now you have a way to get your target, lets shoot it!
    We are going to make keys 1-= into your DPS keys, if you don't want to use those hotkeys, you can do this with any key on the keyboard, but it has to be something WoW recognizes.

Working in the same keymap create another key named "DPS 1", set the key you press to activate this to the 1 key, and then add a step. Click on the step in the left pane and then in the right pane right click on Actions and choose "new Keystroke action" twice. The first keystroke action set to send the backspace key to all of your windows including the current. The second keystroke action key you have set to send the 1 key to all of your windows including the current. This creates a single button on your keyboard that presses backspace and 1 at the same time, much the way people press A and W at the same time to strafe forward and left. This button will cause your alts to assist your main, and attack his target.

Repeat this for keys 2-=. Unless you don't need more than 1 hotkey to kill everything!

Next we create some control keymaps...
    If you were to export all this to Innerspace and launch wow right now, you wouldn't be able to do much, but don't get restless because we are close to the end now!

Create another new KeyMap - this one name "Control Keymaps". Inside Control Keymaps setup three new mapped keys, name them "Activate Hotkeys", "Activate Key Repeater" and "Activate Mouse Repeater". Give each of them two steps, one step to turn on their related feature, one step to turn off their related feature. You can do this with a single step called "Toggle" but I find seperate steps much more reliable.

In the left pane click on step one of Activate Hotkeys, then in the right pane right click and pick key map actions, new key map state action.
    Set it to target all w/current
    and to turn DPS Keys off.

Do the same thing to create a 2nd step that turns these keymaps on.

Now repeat both of these steps for activate KeyRepeater and activate MouseRepeater, using "New repeater action" instead of "new key map state action".

Next we need to create 5 hotkeys to tell Jamba when a character is now the leader. I use the X16-X20 keys for mine, and each one sends the key combination ctrl-` to the appropriate window. Make sure to use the action type "New world of warcraft macro action" and put the macro text:

/jamba setmeasmaster all

Optionally you can add:
    /jamba-follow strobeonme all

Once you have all this setup, drag the keymap from the top pane down to the character sets to tell ISBoxer that you want to use them.

Virtualizing the Config.wtf
    Virtualizing the config.wtf will allow you to have distinct settings on all copies of wow, but at the same time just use one copy of wow instead of worrying about simlinking, copying, maintaining addons, etc.

In the top pane create a new virtual file and name it config.wtf, then drag this down to each characters left pane. Once you've done this, click on the config.wtf in the left pane, and you can virtualize it as whatever name you want in the right pane. I just number mine 1-5.

But wait, thats it?
    Go to the ISBoxer file menu and select Export all to Innerspace. When you right click Innerspace in your task tray you should now have an option to launch your character set. Now in theory this works, this was a complete rewrite from the ground up, I may have missed a thing or two so if I did, please leave me a note here and I'll clarify and update as needed!
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 08:25 AM Reason: size=omg
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by zanthor View Post
    ~

Next we need to create 5 hotkeys to tell Jamba when a character is now the leader. I use the X16-X20 keys for mine, and each one sends the key combination ctrl-` to the appropriate window. Make sure to use the action type "New world of warcraft macro action" and put the macro text:

/jamba setmeasmaster all

Optionally you can add:
    /jamba-follow strobeonme all

Once you have all this setup, drag the keymap from the top pane down to the character sets to tell ISBoxer that you want to use them.

~

Im new to this multiboxing software and cant seem to figure this out exactly on setting this process up. I have used Octopus before, but it has been a couple years and this is a lot more advanced. Anyone able to shed some light on what this means exactly and the steps I go about making these keystrokes?

Do I add them into the Key Map: Control Modifiers?

Im confused and getting flustered. >.<

Edit: Sorry for bumping such an old post...but most of the info still seems to be spot on.

[align=center]Advanced Features

[align=left]Movement and Jumping
    [/align][align=left]To bind keys to movement and jumping is easy - the only thing you have to remember is that WoW expects these keys to be held instead of "tapped". To enable this just select it from the dropdown listed in your keybind as shown below.

One thing I've found useful is being able to jump my leader and my followers separately. To enable this easily I went ahead and left space bound to jump, and set IS to broadcast ctrl-space to all other clients. This way I can space to jump, and a second later ctrl-space to jump the followers. Very handy in cases where you need to jump a gap or some other trick!

For advanced movement - remember you can make keymaps that move each individual character, and setup keybindings to activate those/deactivate those keybindings. This allows you to quickly take control of a specific clients movement, shimmy and dodge, and then flip control back without even needing to use your PIP switch!

G15/11 Keyboards

[/align][/align]So you have a fancy smancy G15 keyboard? You wanna use your lights to show you status of features like your keymaps... First set every key in your G15 to do NOTHING and then terminate the logitech software profiler. If you don't do this, it wont work quite right!

Now go to your repeater profile... and on the right pane set the G2 and G3 lights to show the status of Keyboard and Mouse respectively.

Now to setup your KeyMaps status... go to the "Control key Maps" set and find the one that toggles the keymaps on and off. On both step one and two add new actions to turn the light on and off respectively for M1.

Send Next Click (Mouse)
    This section is so trivial you only get ONE screenshot! Remember when we setup our DPS keys, with Key Maps, and we setup 1-= for this... lets say you are playing a mage, or boomkin, or death knights and you want to be able to cast a spell that requires a ground target...

Open the key map you want to change, and check the "Send Next Click" box. From the dropdown choose where you want to send the next click... Now in game drop your blizzard spell on that hotkey, and when you cast, your next mouseclick will go through to all your targeted windows! (Note: For this to be effective you need your camera's syncronized in game, to do this make a macro to cast your spell that includes /script SetView(5);SetView(5); in it. This of course assumes your view # 5 is setup the same... there are many guides to accomplishing this on this site.

If you want to target more than one, but not all of your characters windows, you'll need to setup "Target Action Groups" which is another topic.

Note: I often find myself wanting to send ONE click, a right click to open a door, a right click on a portal, a left click to close a yes/no dialog... to enable this I made a keymap that does nothing, BUT has "Send next click" checked. So I press my G12 key and my next click goes through. It's handy in countless situations!

Mouse Repeater Regions
    So you want to send mouseclicks easily and always to the same spot on the screen... say you have some abilities you don't want keybound, or maybe you need to heal a raid of 25 players and can't possibly keybind this... Maybe you are playing your tank and need your healer to heal the raid using OpenRDX, Healbot, Grid or any other UI that lets you sort things your way...

Press Ctrl+\ (The key we bound earlier to "ISBoxer GUI toggle hotkey" in the step "Tell ISBoxer that these characters go together!") to bring up the in game UI.

At the top of this dialog you click the drop down menu and pick All Other, or a specific client. One thing to note, all clicks always come to current window.
    Click Add to bring a region onto the screen.

Then drag the region where you want it and size it just like you would any window (drag from the edges, etc.) Position and size it so it covers all the buttons or unitframes you want to click on.

Your finished region should look something like this:

Press your hotkey again to hide the UI, and now you have a very transparent box to give you visual hints where your repeater is setup. Any time your mouse crosses into this area, it will immediatey start broadcasting to the appropriate clients!
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-23-2011 at 08:45 AM Reason: size=omg

Reserved 2.

Woot, stickied for the win! Wedding in 8 days, 16 days of honeymoon after that, I promise to flesh this out when I return!

Oh you poor poor man... I hope you did a prenup!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=197723#p ost197723
    Oh you poor poor man... I hope you did a prenup!
    She leaves me she gets half my debt .

Seriously, she's lived with me for 3 years, I don't see significant changes incoming based off this.

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=197725#post 197725
    Seriously, she's lived with me for 3 years, I don't see significant changes incoming based off this.
    Yeah, I thought that too!! For the love of all things computery, RUN NOW!!! :P
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Unstickied... hrm, was it because I didn't flesh anything out yet?