Close
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 130 of 173

Hey guys, I started using IS Boxer last night, but still got some questions:

1. I have an azerty keyboard (Belgium), the numbers above my keys (1-9), i can't seem to bind them.. maybe it's the fact that with azerty you have to push SHIFT + one of those keys to get a number.
    Ok this isn't easy to explain, so another try:

with an azerty keyboard:
    normal press = &,é,",',(,§,è,!,ç,à
    Shift + press = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0

I've tested the macro i had written with another key and it worked, so not sure what's the problem..

2. I really want to work with clickboxer, but is there somewhere a better explanation on how to use this than the one on the wiki? Or is there a DTD file for the XML? This way I can edit it a lot faster in Visual Studio for example.

3. With clickboxer, i've seen "<leftmouseclick>" or something like that in the XML, does this mean you can add a "<rightmouseclick>" or anything other then leftmouseclick? Just wanted to know what it's functionalities are :-)

4. The FTL setup, I'm not 100% sure on how to use this with the modifiers.. You don't actually have to press the modifiers right? You just bind for example "p" to act like "Shift + Alt + P" and the FTL macro would accept "SHIFT + ALT + P" instead of just "p" ?
    You don't have to explain the whole FTL concept to me, just if my assumptions are correct or not

thx in advance!

Ciao

[edit: another question added]
    Last edited by Chilaxx : 10-12-2009 at 06:55 AM
    80 => Beir + Beirax + Barrax + Helpemall + Violentô

1.There might be easier way to deal with your keyboard, Lax would get with you. For now, go to your ISboxer setup and look for the DPS keys. Those are 1-9 on a Qwerty. Each one will have a keybind/press tied to it, you can click on that and press the key you want to use. So 1 in IS will be the unshift key on your keyboard.

2&3 k now nothing about /clickboxer.

4. If you used the Quick Wizard Setup, FTL is all set and you do not need to know anything going on in the background. Click on an alt's window. That toon becomes leader and the rest follow / assist the main screen. Using Jamba makes things even easier with follow strobing.

Hope this helps a little.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

1. You can't bind them where, exactly? You can use them as Hotkeys in ISBoxer, and the "press key combination here" box will auto-detect any key pressed on your keyboard. However, if you make a WoW Macro Action, and set the "Key Combination" as a button that WoW has assigned to your Action Bars, it will NOT be able to make the macro. If you want a WoW Macro on your action bars, you need to make it in WoW

2 and 3: As is explained on the ClickBoxer page, ClickBoxer is just a sample UI made via LavishGUI (the UI system built into IS). The section on that page titled "Learn more about LavishGUI" provides links to all of the information you might need as far as the actual XML. No, there isn't a DTD, sorry. I have 0 experience at making DTDs so if you want to give it a shot...

4. You do not press the actual FTL modifiers. By default, for example, 1 through = (or & through whatever the end of your action bar is) will FTL assist, and press the key. You just press the key as you always would, and your other guys assist. Likewise, if you wanted Shift+& to auto-assist, you would copy the same thing the other "FTL DPS keys" are doing -- a do mapped key action to do the "FTL Assist", and then a keystroke action to press Shift+&. If you do it right (by not enabling Hold or FTL on your new Mapped Key, and doing the same actions as in the example keys), then you can use any Hotkey and any other keys, and never have to worry about the actual FTL. You can just assume that by using a Do Mapped Key Action to do FTL Assist, it is going to assist your character, and so on. That is, unless one or more of the 3 keys that implements the FTL (these are FTL Follow, FTL Target, and FTL Assist) is having a problem.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Lax, I found a keymap behavior last night that was unusual and I am not sure if it is intended.

The FTL dps keymaps all use the assist {FTL} keymap reference prior to firing the 1 through = keys. This resolves perfectly and I love it. But when I turned on the global "hold down keys when key is pressed" flag for the general map (for movement key entries I made) the assist stopped functioning for FTL DPS assist.

Unchecking the keypress flag and checking it on each movement key was my fix. Is this intended? It certainly explains why my previous efforts to duplicate this function wouldn't work.

I guess I should segregate the movement keys out to their own keymap anyway to keep things clean.

Thanks for the hard work!!
    Last edited by moosejaw : 10-12-2009 at 02:20 PM Reason: I can't spel
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Unchecking the keypress flag and checking it on each movement key was my fix. Is this intended?
    Not "intended" no, but not something easily fixed in the current platform. The next-gen software in development has this issue properly handled
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The next-gen software in development has this issue properly handled
    oh do tell

sounds interesting

It's in development, and I'm not announcing the features yet.. There's some exciting new stuff though

I am hoping to have an internal alpha operational soon but it's been pushed back by adding Aion support (which is also coming for ISBoxer). The back end is basically ready to support all of the features anyone has dreamed of, and now we're getting started on the front end. I use Twitter to provide progress updates on the software, so if you want to see how it's been going and what I'm working on you can see https://twitter.com/LaxLacks. My Twitter followers tell me they always hated the idea of Twitter because they don't care about Ashton Kutcher etc, but my feed doesn't involve my personal life, and I post information they actually want to see.

When the new software comes out, current subscribers will not need to make a new purchase to upgrade (so there's no "penalty"), and they can just continue to use what they were already using if they want (ISBoxer will continue to be supported too).
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

awesome lax, thanks for the twitter link, looking forward to updates

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    1. You can't bind them where, exactly? You can use them as Hotkeys in ISBoxer, and the "press key combination here" box will auto-detect any key pressed on your keyboard. However, if you make a WoW Macro Action, and set the "Key Combination" as a button that WoW has assigned to your Action Bars, it will NOT be able to make the macro. If you want a WoW Macro on your action bars, you need to make it in WoW

2 and 3: As is explained on the ClickBoxer page, ClickBoxer is just a sample UI made via LavishGUI (the UI system built into IS). The section on that page titled "Learn more about LavishGUI" provides links to all of the information you might need as far as the actual XML. No, there isn't a DTD, sorry. I have 0 experience at making DTDs so if you want to give it a shot...

4. You do not press the actual FTL modifiers. By default, for example, 1 through = (or & through whatever the end of your action bar is) will FTL assist, and press the key. You just press the key as you always would, and your other guys assist. Likewise, if you wanted Shift+& to auto-assist, you would copy the same thing the other "FTL DPS keys" are doing -- a do mapped key action to do the "FTL Assist", and then a keystroke action to press Shift+&. If you do it right (by not enabling Hold or FTL on your new Mapped Key, and doing the same actions as in the example keys), then you can use any Hotkey and any other keys, and never have to worry about the actual FTL. You can just assume that by using a Do Mapped Key Action to do FTL Assist, it is going to assist your character, and so on. That is, unless one or more of the 3 keys that implements the FTL (these are FTL Follow, FTL Target, and FTL Assist) is having a problem.
    Thx a lot for the reply m8!

- The thing with my keyboard, i'll try it some more this evening, hope i get it working, if not, i'll make my macro's in WoW for my 1->9 buttons. Thx for the explanation :-)

- Also sry that I missed the "LavishGUI" section at the bottom, kinda missed the obvious there . I might be able to make a DTD when I get the time for it, but if I do, it would be nice to know if this is something that'll be still usable when your next gen app is coming out ;-) if not, don't think i'll bother

- And also thx a lot for the explanation about how FTL exactly works, i think i fully understand now! And i'm gonna try it out for sure!

- Thx for the twitter link, it's nice to watch your progress :-)

- Btw, what are you gonna use as frontend? You said it's gonna be next gen so... WPF?
    (if so, if you got any question, i can help , ok sry, i'm just fishing for spoilers now )

Keep up the good work!

Ciao
    80 => Beir + Beirax + Barrax + Helpemall + Violentô

- Btw, what are you gonna use as frontend? You said it's gonna be next gen so... WPF?
    (if so, if you got any question, i can help , ok sry, i'm just fishing for spoilers now )
    Yes, it is currently being developed with WPF, and should look and feel absolutely beautiful compared to the ISBoxer interface (which, while functional, is not the prettiest, and not always the easiest to follow )
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer