Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Information on LOTRO ...

I hope someone finds this post informative and useful ....

Forums: http://forums.lotro.com/

10 Day Free Trail: https://trial.turbine.com/lotro.php?ftui=LOTROPandoPack

Free Trial FAQ's: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=248979

Getting Started: http://www.lotro.com/getting-started

Recent New player First impressions:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=262777

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=262710

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=262455

Actual Screenshots on good PC system.... these dont even do it justice when on right machine

My Review:

On the MMO side .. I have played them All ... starting with Ultima online many years ago ... and text based muds before that

DDO ... I did not care for it much at all ...... with that said however LOTRO is another story .....

Lotro may be one of the most Unique MMO's I have ever played ... I signed up for a trail accoutn early on and was like meh its alright ... but I gave it another try about 6 months later and took a char up to level 20 ... I began to see how awesome the game really was ...

The Epic books story quest are an incredible adventure all by themselves !

everything else is gravy

it has a music system to play all sorts of instruments and add abc notations into your folder and play your fav songs in game on tons of different instruments! you can even sync up with other toons and play as a band ... pretty darn neat ... heh yestersay me and a guy played Dueling banjos and it was awesome ... even been rocking out on lutes and drums to def leapard tunes ... its unreal fun ...

the crafting is actually quite fun compared to a lot of games but still nto as detailed as I would prefer ...

If your into heavy raiding the game is nto for you though ... it des have hiugh end raids just not a lot becuase this game more about path to to the end not getting to the end which is a neat concept for a game for a change ... there is still plenty to do though after reaching max level ... the amount of quests and deeds and traits to acquire is mindboggling!

GRAPHICS on DX10 ultra high .. are insane good ... prolly best in industry HANDS DOWN no contest ...

hobiies could use a lot more work ... fishing is alright but not reeally satisying

I highly suggest anyone that has not tried it in awhile to give the free trial a go ... its really a lot of fun ... It also has one of the most helpful and friendly communities of any MMO ive played ....

PvP I cannot comment on ... i just dont do it very often at all ... a lot do though ... its based on players vs . monsters ... you can roll monsters to play in the game as well and switch to play those chars and fight the player chars in the game which is kinda cool and a lot of people do it ... just not my thing

just as any mmo ... it has its irritations sometimes but overall it really is a well designed game ... Ill prolly play it til 2010 when the new Star Wars MMO comes ... but even then Ill prolly split my time between the two ... I bought a Lifetime membership to LOTRO which means i can play until I die or the game dies and never pay another dime ... which is really cool for a MMO!

Anywoo I obviously am voting for turbine although I did enjoy Fallout 3 ... it is just not in the same league of fun factor as LOTRO ... IMHO of course

P.S. I noticed several people refernce DDO and LOTRO as WOW clones ... There could be nothign further from the truth ... they are totally and extremely different games than wow ... not even close .... and as someone that has been in the MMO community since Text based MUDS ( look up what they were heh ) WoW borrowed heavily from EQ that borrowed from Ultimate online that borrowed from Text based Muds ... Wow was nto really that original ... it just has bad graphics that lets it play on almost anymachine .. which lets them get the unreal subscription numbers out of asia ... and others with systems that could not handle modern MMOS

THE LOTRO community seems to be very populated with 25-60 year old gamers and the global chats and exchanges are for most part free of lewt spe4k ETC it will actually gte you on a lot of ignore list for talking like that

Videos of gameplay footage:
    I love this video I just found wish it was in HQ but good none the less ... mostly gameplay footage on a dragon during a raid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygk1N...eature=related

THREADS on LOTRO:

LoTRO

Lordof the rings online multiboxing question

Anyone boxing LOTRO?

Going to try LOTRO for now

LOTRO Multiple Instances on 1 computer

I am looking for anyone that 6 boxes LOTRO ...

Keyclone Lord of the Rings Online support

Anyone multibox LOTRO 3 or more chars ?

Other Forums: (( il post interest threads I find from time to time on other forums here)))
    Not playing anything except Skyrim at the moment until Legion is released

well thought i would step in and post the first post in the section .... an intro thread on LOTRO with some links to various things on LOTRO including threads about lotro on this forum ... kind of a handy one stop shop sort of to get LOTRO section jumpstarted
    on DUAL Boxing .com

I thought about trying LOTR a while back but never did, but now I might, im getting really sick of blizzard and their class imbalances, I like pvp and unless you play one of blizzards 3 overpowered classes like everyone else you get steamrolled.
    [align=justify]i7 920 - GTX 285 - 12GB Corsair 1600 [/align]
    Pally,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman,Shaman
    Dk,Hunter,Druid,Warlock,Priest

It's a lot of fun. But I use a mac. So I have to run windows in order to play it, which takes some fun away. Plus, my macbook pro doesn't run it as smoothly as I wish it would.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Enndoh',index.php?page=Thread&postID=196820#post1 96820
    I thought about trying LOTR a while back but never did, but now I might, im getting really sick of blizzard and their class imbalances, I like pvp and unless you play one of blizzards 3 overpowered classes like everyone else you get steamrolled.
    a lot of people really enjoy the PvMP that lotro offers ... im just not much a PvPer ... lotro is more of large raid on raid pvp not a lot of solo type stuff ...

but the PVE game alone is an incredible experience and i reccomend to anyone that loves mmos to play atleast one char to 60 in this mmo

as Ive stated before ive played mmos for over a decade now ... and started in text based muds ... lotro is my overall favorite to date so far ... at first i did not think iwould liek it but around level 30-40 ish something clicked and now I have 6 lifetime accounts heh

I boxed a mixed group to 60, steamrolled every bit of content, slaughtered people in PvMP got bored and went back to WoW..

This all took 3 months, haven't played the expansion..

I boxed a mixed group to 60, steamrolled every bit of content, slaughtered people in PvMP got bored and went back to WoW..

Explain to me how you got to lv 60 with out playing the expansion? You need the expansion to get the lv cap raised from 50-60...

Also how did you steamroll certain hard-modes that require your toons to be in separate areas doing very specific things?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gramps',index.php?page=Thread&postID=196976#post1 96976

Explain to me how you got to lv 60 with out playing the expansion? You need the expansion to get the lv cap raised from 50-60...

Also how did you steamroll certain hard-modes that require your toons to be in separate areas doing very specific things?
    heh two pssible things happened here ...

1.) he typed 60 on accident

2.) he is a WoW player that doesnt like anythign that might get another WoW interested in another game ( /shrug but some people are like that )

Number two is more likely since the probability of someone boxing amixed group through every bit of content in 3 months is next to nil not to mention they would be poorly geared and have terrible traits

heh im a little slower than most but even so Ive played the game 2 years and play a lot ( subjective ) and still have not even hit 60 on one toon nor do i have max traits even

P.S. there are only 3 well known 6 boxers that PvMP in lotro and there really is no 6 boxer that is going to sluaghter by themselves in PvMP. it is mostly Raid on Raid

now dont get me wrong .... I am not saying you did not or cannot get toons to level 50 in 3 months if you try and play hours a day .... I am just saying you missed a lot of content / had poorly geared chars / and bad traits if you did .. not to mention miss some of the best parts of lotro which is the other people which are a mature gamers dream compared to other mmos

Trushot, you seem to be a LOTRO 6-boxer? I have been six-boxing in Everquest for a long time, also with a pure hardware setup, but am contemplating now to do this in Lotro, because I want to do the group-quests and books. I have played a Guardian till 32 and a Warden till 20 so I am not really a Lotro veteran. I am looking for a good group setup to do the books and group quests. I am not interested at all in PvMP so I do not have to take that into account. In EQ I simply went the way of huge DPS, but I am thinking this may not work in some of the book-instances in LOTRO.

With the setup I have I am able to move around quickly: I use wireless keyboards(their receivers and the one keyboard, that is) in order to give simultaneous commands to all the boxes with single keystrokes on the numpad which I have setup for each box. I take it there is a /follow command in Lotro? I have never really payed attention to that. If not then I may not bother after all: I am used to getting around quickly with my group, crawling dungeons in EQ was always the best fun.

Could you recommend a group setup?

been a long time since ive been to this site ....

LOTRO is prolly one of the more dificult to 6 box but you can still be very successful at it ....

Ive not yet mastered a mixed group nor tackled end game hard mode instances but others have ... I took a couple months off from mmos to play a lot of golf hehe dueing the summer ... but im gettng ready to start back and ill be looking for best group to tackle hard mode instances if i can ... ill share what i find but ill have to level a whole new group so may be awhile .... LM 5 hunters or Hunter and 5 RKs will roll through nromal content BTW