Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default wanting to start to box

Hey all,

So i was grouped yesterday with a person runnign 5 box's on eq2 and they where doing a great job at it. I have 10 different level 80 toons with 170+ aa on each so i decided it might be cool to run a 4 - 5 box set up but i have no idea on how to get this going. I was told to get keyclone and to come to this site.

Now i have done alot of reading and looking but for most things i see it for WOW but i see nothing really for eq2.

So before i get blasted i have looked all this morning and have been reading stuff for the last few hours but i am still feeling completly lost.

My questions would be is this;
    I am interested in running up to 5 clones, what i want to know is how to make it so when i click a CA or spell in eq2 that it will click in the exact place on all my other clones i am running or must i depend on macros and useing my keyboard. I would perfer to beable to use my mouse clicks because that allows me a much broader play style IMO. Same thing if i share a quest with my group and then hit accept it will click the accept button on all the clones i am running. Or if i run up and hail someone for a quest i will get the quest dialog on all the clones.

Now if the above is possible or not my next question would be asking for a link on a step by step tutorial on how to get at least two clones working for eq2 and how to create a keymap or how to at least get it so if i click a button or hit the 1 button on my keyboard it works on all my clones. Also i would like to know if i must have eq2 all running where i can see it or can i run all my clones in the background and only have my main account running.

I am sure somone has asked this before and i am sorry for not being able to find out this info myself by searching. I know how to read so if you just want to give me links to go to i will read what it has to say i just cannot find links relevent to eq2.

Hi Avery01 - welcome

Most of the guides are stored in the eq2 wiki - have a look down the bottom of the page

Pyrostasis wrote a guide many moons ago about getting keyclone to work with eq2 - it is found here

To try and answer some of your immediate questions:
    ...so when i click a CA or spell in eq2 that it will click in the exact place on all my other clones...
    - will depend on macros or the use of the keyboard
    - keyclone allows the passing of keystrokes to your clones
    - forget about passing mouse clicks as it's just too messy (can you imagine trying to calibrate it as well as consider lag?)

...if i share a quest with my group and then hit accept
    - I run multiplicity which allows me to move the mouse pointer across my 6 screens
    - to accept, I simply /share the quest then go on a clicking frenzy
    - at this stage, I am unaware of a more 'refined' method

The rest of your queries should be addressed in the wiki guides

Good luck Avery01

n0x

Thank you n0x for the reply.

Question for you; are you an eq2 player as well?
    Asking so if i run into problems with anything i know how i can talk to.

Yes

15 x capped chars

Rotate 2 x FGs with the other 3 guys as spares should I wish to try out different combos

The only chars I don't run are:
    - warden (one day)
    - zerk (one day)
    - lock (one day)
    - brawlers (prefer MTs in plate, if I have it as an OT then I'd have to drop a rogue or something which decreases overall dps)
    - summoners (pet class - nuff said - just don't like pets)
    - predators (too many positionals, range and attacks from stealth)

Will pl a zerk / war / lock 'someday' for completeness but the other classes (brawl/summ/pred) IMHO are not suited for my playstyle - bout the only class I do miss not having right now is a lock but /meh