Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Ok, I was wrong. :P

Mine is set to Miles Fast 2D.

But, for all my slaves I have the following turned down to the lowest settings in Optins -> Sound -> General:

1. Sound Variations - "Reducing this setting will save memory at the cost of sound variety."
    2. Max Simultaneous Sounds - Lowest setting is 8 I think.
    3. Max Footstep Distance - 0.0

I'm going to dig through some other stuff.

I haven't really been having any problems with running 6 instances on my machine. I have my main window set to run with almost every setting at max.
    There are a few things I turn off because they just annoy me (insane ammounts of grass/plants on ground). But it can't hurt to find a way to turn the sound off on the other 5 since I don't use it anyway. :P
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Not to butt in

License is for 5 PCs, yes on G15 and G11 keyboards (though not G13 or G19 yet), Nostromo n52 Speedpad works, also older USB X-keys devices work (newer firmware support has not yet been confirmed but is implemented).
    You could reduce some clutter with the software solution for sure and moving the mouse across all screens (multiplicity) means you don't need a mouse on each machine all the time.
    Indeed synergy or multiplicity should work fine. Also, ISBoxer now has KVM Mode directly from one to another game window or windows (on the same or other PC), which you might find preferable to having to move the mouse across -- you keep your mouse on the original game window for mouse placement (that should be some good time savings), and you will see the cursor on the other window as well. You would set up a Mapped Key to switch destination windows (there are a couple examples on the KVM Mode page)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lax',index.php?page=Thread&postID=194871#post1948 71
    Not to butt in

License is for 5 PCs, yes on G15 and G11 keyboards (though not G13 or G19 yet), Nostromo n52 Speedpad works, also older USB X-keys devices work (newer firmware support has not yet been confirmed but is implemented).
    You could reduce some clutter with the software solution for sure and moving the mouse across all screens (multiplicity) means you don't need a mouse on each machine all the time.
    Indeed synergy or multiplicity should work fine. Also, ISBoxer now has KVM Mode directly from one to another game window or windows (on the same or other PC), which you might find preferable to having to move the mouse across -- you keep your mouse on the original game window for mouse placement (that should be some good time savings), and you will see the cursor on the other window as well. You would set up a Mapped Key to switch destination windows (there are a couple examples on the KVM Mode page)
    No problem at all Lax. I will get the corrections inserted to the top post. I think placing as many guides where people might see them will help build more support, especially when they see what a breeze ISBoxer is to setup. I for one love the front end that you built for the other scripts. It saves hours of setup time.

I saw that you remade the ISBoxer page and placed all the links at the top, nice touch. I need to setup a second machine to check out the kvm feature.

You don't mind my linking those pages directly do you? Let me know if any if any links are not ok. I am changing the ISBoxer download link to just the ISBoxer page in case the link goes bad.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

No I don't mind at all, should help people make use of the information that is available.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Heya moosejaw,

I did some searching last night about the sound thing and it looks like Vista no longer supports the sound layer used by a lot of games.
    I had a link to it..but it was late, and now the kids are screaming (son is smacking me in the back so I'll help him make another toon in CoH). :S

I know I found it in the sony eq2 forums though...

If I find it again I'll post it.
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

Frosty, can you post up what resolution monitor you use and how your layout is arranged. Also are you redirecting eq_recent.ini and what resolution is listed in that file for default and windowed?

If we have similar hardware and my performance is suffering it is probably the screen resolution. I have had bad results trying to lower the resolution in the redirected eq_recent file.

Quote Originally Posted by 'moosejaw',index.php?page=Thread&postID=195097#pos t195097
    Frosty, can you post up what resolution monitor you use and how your layout is arranged. Also are you redirecting eq_recent.ini and what resolution is listed in that file for default and windowed?

If we have similar hardware and my performance is suffering it is probably the screen resolution. I have had bad results trying to lower the resolution in the redirected eq_recent file.
    I'll have to look at the resolution when I get home...it's a new 25 inch monitor with a crazy wide-screen format.
    But I think all the windows have the same resolution including the main. Just all the follower accounts have everything turned down or off.
    I'm also limiting the background frames to like 12 and the forground to 20 for the followers.

For my layout I used the AutoLayout in WindowSnapper, and have the main window on the left, with 6 slots on the right.
    I have the empty slot for the place holder of what window is active. (default setup I think.)

Each account has it's own "faked" eq_recent.ini file through the ISBoxer setup. I can't remember what that's called? :P

I have my main window set to not go above 60FPS, but most of the time it runs anywhere from 30-60FPS.
    I know I could turn off a few more "pretty" things, but I like em and don't want too!

My monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 but each EQ2 client is set to 1024x768.

Sorry it took me so long. :P

I will have to try your lower resolution. I was having issues setting resolutions so I left them alone. Maybe the game didn't like the resolution I set. WOW was a bit more tolerant when you manually changed the config. I'll report back with any performance changes.

Quote Originally Posted by moosejaw View Post
    To start with, Keymaps are your best friend when boxing any game. If you have never used a keymap before then you should create 2 maps to start with.

Keymap- "Team1" - or whatever you have named your first team (character set), to keep it simple.

Keymap- "Team1 Toggle"- This map will be used to toggle on/off the team1 map to enable you to type normally. Especially when trying to enter passwords on startup/login.

Team1 setup:

I don't want to regurgitate the instruction for creating maps found here. But I want to give some helpfull hints to utilize them. Common keys to start out your keymap should be '1' through '=' . You can set these up to be passed to all windows and place macros only on the keys you want your master and slaves to activate. Optionally you can add 'spacebar' to be passed to all windows so you can use jump to quickly clear obstructions.

NOTE: Because EQ2 drops new spells onto your action bars automatically when you level, you should move new spells off your action bars (or move them to macros) to prevent inadvertent casting by your characters.

Remember you can have the number 1 on your keymap press anykey you wish on any window. Pressing 1 can; press 1 on the tank, press numpad 1 on your dps, and press your dance macro key on your healers. Simply adding steps with the key to press and which window to press it in is all that needs to be set up. You can also have windows do nothing when you press certain keys. Lets say my healers have heal macros on 6 and 7. I can set my keymap to only pass 6 and 7 to the healers windows so the dps characters will never see that key press.

Invite group macro and keymap integration: One of the pet peeves of boxers is getting your group formed up quickly and the same order. Since EQ2 places group members in the order that they accept the invite, we want our group to look the same each time. Here is where we can use a round robin keymap to our advantage.

Using your master character's invite to group macro as a starter, send the first keypress to the master window to send out invites. This is the first step of the round robin. In the next step you should send a keypress to the first character you want in the group and tie this to your general 'accept macro' key (see below). Repeat these round robin steps until you have all your group members covered. This macro will cycle through each step on each keypress.

General accept macro-

Code:
    /acceptinvite group 
    /accept_trade

By this time you have probably figured out that the sky is the limit when it comes to the keymaps.

Team 1 Toggle setup:

For those times when you need to suspend your normal keymap, you can toggle you keymaps on and off. Select a bind key here that isn't going to be used for anything else but this toggle. I suggest using the 'pause' key for a normal keyboard (use the scroll lock for mouse/keys toggle in repeater) and using one of the top row of Gkeys (G1,G2,G3) on a G15 keyboard. On the G15 you can set up a 'm' light to go on/off with your toggle.

What we do here is another round robin with the first step: turning 'on' the keymap/turning on a 'm' light (if G15)/flash an on screen message "Team 1 keymap ON" (you set the message duration and fade time).

The second step is to reverse the first step:turn 'off' the keymap/turn 'off' the 'm' light/flash an on screen message "Team 1 keymap OFF".

This round robin acts like a toggle but is very reliable in execution.
    I've read through this several times and tried to do this in ISBoxer, but I'm missing something or not fully understanding the process. Could you possibly clarify for me, step by step, exactly how to make a group invite keymap, etc.?