Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Castsequence and Channeled Spells?

Do these work together or will the spell immediately after the channeled spell in the castsequence cancel the channeling and move on to the next spell?

Having never mboxed a toon with this issue, i.e. a channeled spell, and being too impatient to wait for my future spriest to get to 20 so I can test it with Mind Flay, figured I'd ask you all.

Thanks.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Aradar/Ereder/Iridir/Orodor/Urudur
    Duskwood - Alliance

Not tried this myself but the following should work:

/stopmacro channeling
    /castsequence spella,spellb,spellc

Once the channeled spell starts, the sequence will register a successful cast and move on to the next one, which invariably means it will interupt the channeled spell. You can avoid this by putting /stopmacro [channeling] at the begining of the sequence, or [nochanneling] in the parameters.

Thanks.

So in the example given:

/stopmacro channeling

assuming spellb is the channeled spell, the macro is dead till the channeling is over and then will go to spellc?
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Aradar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189708#post1 89708
    Thanks.

So in the example given:

/stopmacro channeling

assuming spellb is the channeled spell, the macro is dead till the channeling is over and then will go to spellc?
    Yes, but be sure to include the brackets around channeling, like this: [channeling]

Ok, thanks.

I read that as only necessary in the parameters of the castsequence but now that I look at it I guess it would be the parameter of the /stopmacro as well.

Looking back I guess I read through your first post too quick as well since you had bracketed for both.

Thanks again.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

*gasp*

You're working on another multibox group? Explains why I don't seem to see you in game anymore. Trying to hide from me.

Druid tank?
    Duskwood - Alliance - PvE

LoL

What's up man? Yeah, kind of working on another group but I just haven't been on much lately. The late nights were getting to me but I still play the original group mostly when I'm on.

Anyhow, the only toons I really have an interest in are a bear tank and a shadow priest but figured I might as well level 5 if I'm going to level 2 so I picked the other 3 based on efficiency of using drops. Cloth - Spriest, Melee/Tank Leather - Bear, Caster Leather - Boomkin, Mail - Hunter, Plate - Healadin.

Druids are currently 10 and the other 3 are 5 I think. Plan is to get them to 10, powerlevel them in Deadmines to 20 and then start running them as a group. Very much a side project though, not a main focus.
    <Blue Man Group>
    Duskwood - Alliance

I hear ya.

I have DK - 58, Warrior - 61, and Hunter - 61 all waiting in the wings, which I may level up as a group later. Right now I'm grinding my druid (65 currently) up to replace the warlock. Boomkin gets me more useful buffs, better class synergy, and better cast rotations (for my playstyle). Side bonus of having all hybrid classes in my group, giving me a total of 2 tanks and 4 healers with nothing more than spec changes (hello, dual specs!), gear swaps, and macro swaps.

If you have questions regarding druid tanking, my brother was bear tank for the longest time in BC before going DK in Lich. Can talk to him if you have questions in-game.

Plus now I can say that I've de-railed one of your threads.
    Duskwood - Alliance - PvE