Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 41

I apparently did not reserve enough postspace.

This is an ARCHIVE post. The information listed in this post is INVALID and no longer applies to the game in question. It is here for reference only, valid information for this game is located in the beginning of this thread.

EQ2 specific Ticket 090210-001499 - see here for full text

Multi-boxing is definitely allowed. What we do not allow is automated botting. Every action taken by a character has to be the result of a unique keystroke. Usually this is accomplished by multiple computers with multiple keyboards, though it is permissible to use one keyboard to control several computers through a selector switch. You are allowed to use 3rd party software, as long as you do not in any way manipulate or change the client (EQ2) program and as long as you are at the controls and capable or responding from each character. An examples of something that is not ok is having Character 2 following Character 1 with a macro that auto-heals character 1 or that auto-attacks.

For the new Recruit a Friend promotion, yes you can use it to invite several of your own accounts. We specifically set the rules so that this would work and be attractive to many of our customers. As you noticed, this promotion can result in a substantial amount of free time.
    Re : Vanguard et al, SOE Ticket 090306-000046

Our policy regarding multiboxing is the same across all of the games that we currently support.
    SOE was actually incredible about answering all my questions :

1. Yes {Original Question - Do you allow Hardware multi-boxing?}

2. Yes {Original Question - Do you allow Software multi-boxing?}

3. If you are at your computer while the character is being played, then multi-boxing is fine. Generally speaking we will only take action against people who automate their characters to play unattended. If you are suspected of botting then the GM will typically send the character a tell to see if they are at the keyboard. {Original Question - What are your rules for distinguishing multi-boxing from botting?}

4. While performing actions with the specific intent of causing grief for other players is against the rules, mutliboxing would not have an effect on this. {Original Question - Do you have "fair play" clauses in your EULA that multi-boxers should be particularly aware of? - Fair play clauses are things like intentionally griefing other players or blocking other players from using content.}

5. According to our policy, account sharing is against the rules. The only exception is when a parent sets up an account for a child. {Original Question - Do you have an account sharing policy?}

6. We definitely do have a Recruit a Friend promotion running at the moment. You can find all the details under the following link:
    http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=20657 {Original Question - Do you have any "Recruit-a-Friend" style offers that multi-boxers could take advantage of, or conversely are prohibited from enrolling in? - Check specific game sites, this was the only one going when I asked my questions. }

7. I don't believe the game has any protections like what you are describing. I am not a multiboxer myself, so there may be some problems I'm not aware of. Still, I know others who have done it without issue. Keep in mind that multi-boxing is considered 'unsupported' play so we can't provide technical support related to running multiple instances of the game. {Original Question - Do you have specific guards in place to prevent certain actions? Specifically, many games do not like to run in the background. Many programs "correct" this by locking a window into the foreground. In some cases, this "foreground only" behavior is unintentional. In other cases, this is fully intended to prevent people from playing more than one copy of the same game on one computer.

In the latter instance, software boxing would be a violation of your EULA if a "lock in foreground" mechanism was used, but may well be allowed if alt-tabbing between instances to repeat key presses was used. Or neither may be allowed, meaning software multi-boxing is a violation in your game and any attempt to do so is actionable.
    }
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I don't know if this is worth posting or not since the person refuses to post his GM response but according to this thread (bottom of page)
    http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard...1291641&page=8
    a user claims that GM Lelouch has recently stated multiboxing software is legal in Eve Online
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies
    2500+ Season 7 solo 5's team on Shadowburn
    18 Shieldpocs + 6 Basi + 2 T3 Boosters in Eve Rig Pics & Info

We have confirmation that multiboxing hardware and software is legal in Eve now from a senior GM. See this response:
    http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1291641&page=10
    1 DK + 4 Ret Pallies
    2500+ Season 7 solo 5's team on Shadowburn
    18 Shieldpocs + 6 Basi + 2 T3 Boosters in Eve Rig Pics & Info

Moved to EVE forums as it's more OnT there, and I'm guessing no-one reads the stickies (I didn't. Got here through a link and took me forever to find this thread again).
    Last edited by Mukade : 06-09-2010 at 10:36 AM
    WoW had a Cataclysm.
    I quit.

Now 3-boxing EVE until CCP mess that up.

Would you please find out if perpetuum is ok to box? I dont want to step on any toes and dont really know what to ask a dev about this software.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Would you please find out if perpetuum is ok to box? I dont want to step on any toes and dont really know what to ask a dev about this software.
    Why don't you find out and report back to us? If you don't know where to ask, then neither do we. I would start with
    www.google.com, go to the game's site, and ask on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Why don't you find out and report back to us? If you don't know where to ask, then neither do we. I would start with
    www.google.com, go to the game's site, and ask on their forums.
    Sorry fenril, didnt mean to get your epenor stuck in the door! I misread this thread and will consult the delevopers for further info!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Sorry fenril, didnt mean to get your epenor stuck in the door! I misread this thread and will consult the delevopers for further info!
    Don't mistake an epeen for general advice. This is a very DIY community.

Asherons Call and Turbine have always been very loose when it comes to what players can do. They have stated on more than one occasion that the players play the game the way they want too. Look at how much went into the Decal plugin for AC. Even when bugs or exploits pop up in the game the developers take responsibility for them and dont punish players if they use them to get a leg up.

The only time I recall anyone in AC ever getting something taken away was the guy who found the longINT bug that if you bought enough items to = more than the 4billion mark it reset back to 0. Thus buy 4billion worth of items for next to nothing and sell them back to the vendor. Even then all they did was reset his cash, no ban etc. For them, the bug was in the game from day one, just it wasnt possable to exploit till they put that pyreal pea in the game that let the # get that high.

It was a very cool attitude to have back in the EQ, UO, AC days to have when EQ slapped its players around if anyone even whined about training a mob, or competing for spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxxy View Post
    [shortened]…The problem occurs when you…send commands…at the same time…it is important that you understand why you cannot use any device or program to allow you to control more than one character with one key stroke.

It offers you an unfair advantage over players using the game and interface as designed. It essentially accomplishes an action that…could not be done in the course of play. There is no way to link the actions of two separate characters in game. No way to make them work in sync where you take action with one character and it triggers an automatic action from another. You have to use separate keystrokes for each character's actions. Each character must be under the direct control of the player at all times. Anything that circumvents that direct control constitutes automation. Automation makes them a bot.

Thank you for your time,
    Game Master Yxyran
    "The Moon Moth"

That statement always amazes me. Because even when I multiboxed with 5 computers, I could do this pretty fast. Just had to have the keypads all close together. But, the logic is wrong, because 5 people playing together with voice comm can do this easily. The logic of that statement says, that when I go to a concert, I'm only imagining the orchestra is all playing in sync. (I know this is an old post, but I've never seen anyone ask a GM how a band stays in rythm if syncing is so hard to do.