Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 41

Thank you for doing all of this Khatovar. As someone who's duo and trio-boxed EQ, duo-boxed EQ2, and 5-boxed WoW, it's good to know the official stances on these other games. I'm currently putting together a 6-man team for EQ2, and this info is reassuring. Thanks again.

Good info there Khatovar!

With my current multiboxing endeavor in Anarchy Online I haven't run into any GM flak or even from players (forum trolls aren't included here).
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

EvE

Glad to be able to offer something. At some point I may expand the list to include more details, like what works and what doesn't for hardware and software setups, but I think that's probably a lot of work. And I'd kinda like to go play instead of talking about playing sometimes But the reserveds are there for that and any other games that come down the pipe.

It's a work in progress, I guess. I'll get all OCD again I'm sure. :P
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

EVE's 'stance' and what they actually do in real terms are two completely different things - the game is riddled with bots and gold farmers and gold sellers who never get taken down. So I'd say that you've found the usual 'amateur' GM problem that EVE is stuck with, their in game customer service is badly done and inconsistent. I'd wait for a dev quote to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 'RobinGBrown',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189522# post189522
    EVE's 'stance' and what they actually do in real terms are two completely different things - the game is riddled with bots and gold farmers and gold sellers who never get taken down. So I'd say that you've found the usual 'amateur' GM problem that EVE is stuck with, their in game customer service is badly done and inconsistent. I'd wait for a dev quote to be sure.
    Not to mention that some of their own Dev's have been busted for cheating and giving their own corporations major advantages and the guilty developers were never fired even though the scandal caused many players to leave. Hypocrites!
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Default RE: MB & Current MMOs

Well, my post is simply about "Does X game allow multi-boxing?" I've not set out to debate how good, bad or lax a company is about enforcing their own rules. It's not my place to say "Your rules say 'no no,' but your eyes, they say 'yes, yes!'" That's like mods coming in and saying "WoW doesn't allow account sharing but you can get away with it by periodically having a conversation with yourself in /say so people don't report you or by saying the different names on the accounts are your parents and you're still a minor when a GM does contact you."

This is the stance I was given. The EULA was quoted pointing to no software to change how the game is played, and agree or disagree, that's what I was given. The old-fashioned, mickey-moused way is perfectly acceptable. GM to GM may disagree or not care or whatever, but the rules do state "You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played." Sec 7 - A - 2 of the EULA and all I'm doing is coming back here with that.

I set out to do this because DB is supposed to be about playing our way within the rules, yet there was no place to find these rules for any game but WoW. If EvE is going to be a game that is going to be "rules are there only to look good" then I will remove it from the list and other people can tread it out on their own.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=189910#post 189910]It's not my place to say "Your rules say 'no no,' but your eyes, they say 'yes, yes!'"[/quote]LOL! :P

[quote] This is the stance I was given. The EULA was quoted pointing to no software to change how the game is played, and agree or disagree, that's what I was given. The old-fashioned, mickey-moused way is perfectly acceptable. GM to GM may disagree or not care or whatever, but the rules do state "You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment [u]or change how the Game is played[/u]." [url='http://www.eveonline.com/pnp/eula.asp
    Sec 7 - A - 2 of the EULA[/url] and all I'm doing is coming back here with that.

I set out to do this because DB is supposed to be about playing our way within the rules, yet there was no place to find these rules for any game but WoW. If EvE is going to be a game that is going to be "rules are there only to look good" then I will remove it from the list and other people can tread it out on their own.
    I agree that this should stay on focus of your original intentions of what we can do and can't do, not what we can get away with.

If Eve is a play-at-your-own-risk kind of game, then we really don't want to make it seem like it's ok to go in and do anything you want.
    This will end up leading to a newbie starting up boxing, and then blaming us when their accounts get banned and they are out $$$.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

One thing worth noting about Eve is that you gain very little from keyboard or mouse broadcasting. From their statement that as long as you change windows it being okay is fine since that's pretty much all you need to box in Eve. The game is very UI driven and has minimal keybinding and no macros I know of, so window switching doesn't provide any additional detriments to play beyond the division of concentration that is an inherent part of multiboxing.

Edit:

One other thing. Are we sure the anti-boxing clauses in Warhammer aren't just the standard "you can't play this game on more than one computer cause you only bought one copy"? Granted I know this is ultimately up to their discretion, but when I saw the verbage I thought more about the situation where I install photoshop on my computer and my friends; only one can be used at a time acordign to the EULA. Unless they sell accounts seperate from the game, you would have one copy per account. Just a thought.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on clarification. My ticket was escallated again so it may be a while yet before I get a clearer answer.