Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Aura valiables

Default Aura valiables

Hello, I have been Dualboxing for a week now, and thanks to this site and the links that are in it, i have done what i believe to be fairly well. (Mage duo, currently lvl 46). But i crave variety, and have now rolled a druid/pally duo. At lvl 2, i picked up Mark of the Wild on the Druid. Now i am trying to figure out a macro that will buff both toons with one button. I know that i cant put them in sequence like this:

/cast [target=toon1] Mark of the Wild

/cast [target=toon2] Mark of the Wild

And i dont think that it is possible to change targets in a /castsequence chain, but i am pretty sure that i saw somewhere at some point a variable that could be put under the heading [target=toon1, nodead, exists, {What I Am Looking For}]

The idea being that it might look something like this:

/cast [target=toon1,nodead, {Aura Variable}] Mark of the Wild

/cast [target=toon2, nodead, {Aura Variable}] Mark of the wild

Then i could hit the button once, and buff the first toon, then press it a second time, and it would skip the first, buffing the second.

I have no idea if this is possible, but thanks for your help in advance. I hope to become a valuble (or at least not worthless) member of this community.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

You can do with a modifier key your choice, so on buff toon1, off buff toon2
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Here i go overthinking things. Something I'm definatly good at. This is what i have now, that works:

#showtooltip Mark of the Wild
    /target [mod:shift] Toon1
    /target [mod:alt] Toon2
    /cast Mark of the Wild

for whatever reason, if i put in [mod:nomod] anywhere, it doesnt work, but this works. (I have no luck with [mod: stuff. I have had some work one day, and not work the next.) Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Using [mod:nomod] doesn't work, because it is the incorrect coding! using [nomod], however, does work.

-Agent 0013
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

#showtooltip Mark of the Wild
    /cast Mark of the Wild
    /targetexact Toon2

Have auto buff on and make shure you dont got a target when buffing.

Honestly for buffing I recommend to use an addon like Smartbuff , which can handle all the buffs with simply one binding :)
    (Obviusly, for me, running a 5-class buffheavy combo, would be hell, without the addon ;) )
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

I second the SmartBuff recommendation - once it's configured you can apply all required buffs that any of your toons can produce simply by mashing the SmartBuff key a few times.

Ive been double boxing pallies for awhile now and the way that i did it was i matched their buffs and had them cast a different blessing on each other. Example: My main casts Wisdom on my slave and my slave casts might on him all with one key stroke. The second key stroke has my main putting Wisdom on himself and my slave putting might on himself. Recently though i got Greater blessings and because i box only one class i rolled all my buffs into a single button.

For you i suggest you wait till you get higher lvl and your pally gets blessings as well. Complicated macros are never fun to make and less fun to try to fix. One good way of how you could make your buff sequence would be to have your druid buff your pally with mark and you pally buff the druid with wis/might (pending spec) and then on a second keystroke have your pally and druid both buff themselves.
    71-Pally (x3) 2 Ret 1 Holy. 3x the ownage..

The object of WAR is not to die for you country but to make the other bastard die for his.