Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default New Multi-boxer looking for a second opinion on my macros.

First of all let me thank of you guys and girls for making this forum the awesome resource it is. I just started my multi-boxing last week and since I have to work all weekend I have spent my downtime on this site researching macros. This thread is just a polite request, if you have some time to blow, to maybe check my simple little macros and tell me if there are any problems with them. I will be multi-boxing on one computer using Keyclone to talk to 3 windows (warrior/hunter/mage) of WoW. The approach I have been taking is to use the G keys on my G11 Keyboard as my "keycloned" buttons and muting most of my keyboards common keys so that each individual account stays set up for solo play. I have layered the group invite and group accept macros so that "G1" sends out group invites on the first push and accepts on the second push. I did the same for the other simple macros such a mounting and the like. You guys made the simple stuff easy to find, just need to next two checked.

CC macro: trying to use this to set an icon on a mob and have the mage focus it so that i can cc a mob that is not my "master"s target during the fight.

Warrior "G4" = /script SetRaidTargetIcon("Target", 5); ---targets mob with a moon to set it apart for sheep.

Mage "G4" = /focus party1target --- as i place a moon on the mob with my warrior the mage make it her focus.

Hunter "G4" = blank ---could possibly lay an ice trap and distracting shot, but im worried about maintaining that kind of cc while controlling multiple accounts.

Mage "G5" = /cast [combat] [target=focus] Polymorph ---when in combat will sheep the mob i focused with "G4" before the pull.

Cast Macro: since i am using the focus to set up CC i believe i need to use /assist for during the fight as to not lose my CC focus.

Warrior "G6" = blank

Mage "G6" = /assist <toonname>

/cast [combat] Frostbolt

Hunter "G6" = /assist <toonname>

/cast [combat] Steady Shot

Now to me these macros look pretty rudimentary and I was wondering if they will work or if someone has a better way to do this already. Im not rying to put out un-researched spam and waste peoples time, just havent found to much on the forums yet about layering these macros across the seperate windows while keeping most everything set up for solo play. Thanks in advance to anyone who has a chance to look this over.

lol they look ok to me then agine my only cc is a elemntal holding stuff for a cople second y i nuke it down ;p
    if it works for you thats all that matters
    10xxxxx20xxxxx30xxxxx40xxxxx50xxxxx60xxxxx70xxxxx80

Should be fine. I use a similar set up without the raid targets. I don't see why it needs to be more complicated than what you proposed. It will likely be different for folks using a FTL setup, which I don't.

I also have a "/party Target X has been sheeped" in my macro.

You can use /assist party1 as well. That's what I use.

One thing is that with the [combat] qualifier you won't be able to sheep before the pull, if you ever want to do that. I often sheep and then pull.

The DPS macros can get complex. I really depends on your level and what you are doing (i.e., instances vs. quests).

For a long while I just used /castrandom X,X,X,X depending on the class.

I recently changed my DPS macros in an attempt to maximize my DPS for instances.

Regardless, what you have should work. I don't know if it's optimal for you as I don't know your level and where you are at in the game.

Here is an example of what I use for my fire mage. It's still a work in progress and there is some redundancy I haven't bothered removing yet. The commas just let me button smash my way through it so Scorch and Living Bomb are re-applied just before the timer is up. I am still trying to work out the ratio of Fireball to Pyroblast so I can attempt to maximize any Hot Streak procs that might happen. It's unlikely that I will be able to do much about this though.

The "Main" Macro:
    /assist party1
    /startattack
    /click BT4Button97
    /click BT4Button98
    /click BT4Button99
    /click BT4Button100

First "Button"
    /assist party1
    /castsequence reset=target Scorch, Scorch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Second "Button"
    /assist party1
    /castsequence reset=target Living Bomb,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Third "Button"
    /assist party1
    /castrandom Mirror Image,

Fourth "Button"
    /assist party1
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /castrandom Fireball, Fireball, Pyroblast, Fireball,Fireball,Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Pyroblast

This is what I used to use. It also needs some work to optimize the DPS, but it worked reasonably well.

/assist party1
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Scorch, Scorch, Living Bomb, Mirror Image,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    /castrandom Scorch, Fireball, Fireball, Pyroblast, Fireball, Fireball, Living Bomb, Mirror Image, Fireball, Fireball, Scorch, Fireball, Pyroblast, Living Bomb,
    /use 13
    /use 14

awesome, im going to work the /assist party1 into my macros, thanks for that one. I only put one spell on the assist macro to give it a basic attack. I have 1-5 set up on my hotbar so that as I use my warrior abilities it keyclones to the other windows and casts my mages and hunters instant cast spells, so as long as they arent still casting their frostbolt or steady shot they fire away instants while I tank. As far as levels all three are at 66 about to make the jump into northrend. I guess all I need to now is work out some castsequence or castrandom and work a healer into the equation. Here's to solo-grouping in the frozen north, thanks.

My advice would rather be to:

1. Make 3 new wow folders
    2. Download Macaroon
    3. Figure out how it works
    4. Write everything with the macro function, that way its saved localy.

Now you can have complete different setups for anything you wanna do!

Ive done it this way and i can switch from a full pvp setup (4 shamans) to a full pve setup (protadin,3 shamans and a hunter) or i can simply play with my hunter,shaman or paladin solo.

All key maps are different and all i need to do is pretty much to restart wow!
    Northrend Dungeon Hero - http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/129...1109203942.jpg
    PvP incomming in 3.1