Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Need help setting up macros for a Druid and Priest duo

I've been trying to set up a druid and priest duo. I've done the recruit-a-friend business with two accounts and want to level two characters at once, then grant my levels to two more characters, essentially. But anyways!

I was working just fine yesterday, but now it seems my priest isn't doing anything at all. Keep in mind I actually just started this all yesterday, and after several hours of fooling around and meeting someone helpful enough to explain some macros to me in-game, I got going for a while.

However, today is a different story. I'm not sure what I did, but the priest no longer attacks when I tell her to.

I have the following macros on each character:

Druid
    button 1 = follow (left it blank; this is my 'reminder' button so I can push it every time I move so the priest follows)
    button 2 = /target enemy
    button 3 = /cast Wrath

Priest
    button 1 = /follow Druid
    button 2 = /focus Druid
    button 3 = /cast [target=focus, nodead, harm] Smite

This combo seemed to be working fine yesterday, but now it doesn't. Maybe I'm mistyping something or accidentally conflicting something, but I have no idea. Some help would greatly be appreciated!

If you have a suggestion for a better combintation of macros too, that would be appreciated. This is pretty ghetto at the moment, hahaha.

Thanks very much.

button 3 = /cast [target=focus, nodead, harm] Smite

To me it looks like you are trying to cast a smite on your druid.

It should be:

/cast [target=focustarget, nodead, harm] Smite

The reason is your focus = you druid, so the to target the druid's target you need the code target=focustarget

Also, when you build your macros try to start out really simple and gradually build more and more into the macro. This is what I do when I debug my macros.

Also, the standard answer is to check out the wiki on macros I use it often myself, and im no expert at all when it comes to making wow macros.
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN