Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default How to handle special occasion buffs

Tricky finding a subject for this post :huh: but here is what I mean:

Yesterday was the first time since I started multiboxing that I had a need for Water Walking. I play with a mixed team so my single shaman had to cover the whole team. I did this manually and didn't like it at all :S I use SmartBuff for normal buffing - but I don't wanna buff the whole group with Water Walking all the time...

So: How do I make a macro to buff the whole group? Or can I do something like mod:alt in SmartBuff?

I tend to use:

/targetparty
    /cast <buff>

Should cycle through everyone, I do it for underwater breathing on one of the warlocks.
    Level 80 - Strokemagnet (F Druid) / Stoatcakes (H Druid) / Awesomehorse - Cautionhorse - Portionhorse (Warlocks)

Level 60 - Elvisparsley (DK) / Chiveaid (Priest) / Chilliocean - Hammerthyme - Rickhashtley (DKs)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stormweasel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187859# post187859
    I tend to use:

/targetparty
    /cast <buff>

Should cycle through everyone, I do it for underwater breathing on one of the warlocks.
    brilliant idea.

I had waterbreathing on SBM key activated on all.
    so I had it active all the time . (ok I have 1pala, 3 lock, 1mage in the team, so all locks had buff self first, and only one needed to cast for pala and mage)

on a second thought, this is how I do debuffs. *DUH*
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Yep - looks like a nice and simple solution. I'm not quite sure how the /targetparty thingy works though. The documentation I have seen says it targets a random party member ... Does that mean that sometimes I have 2 push that button 10, 20, 30 times before all is buffed?

In my experience it just cycles through party1-4 and player

reference: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...de/page01.html

Some additional targeting commands duplicate default key bindings but can be useful in macros. These include /targetenemy, /targetfriend, /targetparty, and /targetraid. Similar to the default Tab and Ctrl-Tab key functions, these commands will cycle through the field of players or monsters encompassed by the command. To cycle in reverse (akin to Shift-Tab), just add a 1 after the command. The /targetparty command can be useful for casting buffs: for example, spamming the macro "/targetparty /cast Power Word: Fortitude" will cycle through a priest's party and cast that buff on each party member.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187936#po st187936
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Stormweasel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187859# post187859
    I tend to use:

/targetparty
    /cast <buff>

This will _never_ target yourself. Just an FYI.

So if you get two shaman doing this, you'd be set.
    oops

on a side note, don't move!
    /targetparty cycle can get messed up if your characters move at all.

I found it had issues if I was running and trying to cast blessing of wisdom, it seemd to keep casting wisdom on the same character ( smartbuf doesn't have this problem though )
    and /targetparty doesn't target yourself :-(

does anyone know if the smartbuf can be made into a macro like the jamba-group invite can? "/jamba-group invite" or "/jamba-group disband" can be put in a macro.
    like "/sb cast" would be nice, or somehow bind it to a key ?
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

I just got done reading a great post that talked about a spamable cleanse macro that could be applied to this:

/castrandom [target=party1] Water Walking,,,,
    /castrandom [target=party2] Water Walking,,,
    /castrandom [target=party3] Water Walking,,
    /castrandom [target=party4] Water Walking,
    /castrandom [target=party5] Water Walking

Should work. Might be able to make it a little more accurate by inserting toon names, or using castsequence, but party# would be a good generic solution.