Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default WotLK - Eye of Eternity - EoE - Malygos

Heya, I've done 25 Malygos as playing 4 characters there isn't as much reliance to be effective, now 10 man is another story!
    Follow doesn't work, at least all the tactics I tried and trying to move as a unified group seems meh at best. Anyone have some suggestions on the fight?

My next tactic is to have everyone spread out and heal themselves if they need it and dps otherwise.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I use focus, but resetting focus and /follow focus will not work for me, so I have to make a /follow Main instead, which is going to lead to problems if my main dies
    Horde: Scilla - Sevenz , Sixxz , Sixzz , Siixz

Default RE: Malygos Phase 3 - suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ellay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187791#post18 7791
    Heya, I've done 25 Malygos as playing 4 characters there isn't as much reliance to be effective, now 10 man is another story!
    Follow doesn't work, at least all the tactics I tried and trying to move as a unified group seems meh at best. Anyone have some suggestions on the fight?

My next tactic is to have everyone spread out and heal themselves if they need it and dps otherwise.
    Follow works just fine. And there is a face-roll macro for doing follow+dps.

Our strat for 10 and 25 man is to just have 2 (10) and 4 (25) healers doing nothing but drake-healing while everyone else is doing dps. Don't worry about shielding yourself for his targeted attack and clump up in a group and hold still. When he does his lightning aoe everyones moves like 15yds horizontally around in a circle.

Summary:
    1) Get follow working, use 2 or 3 healers if 10man. They should be doing nothing but healing the whole time. Stack 5 stacks of the HOT on themselves, then hitting the heal explosion
    2) Stick a raid icon on someones head and the rest spam a macro
    /follow <person>
    /target Malygos
    /castsequece <button 1 ability>, <button 1 ability>, <button 2 ability>
    3) ???
    4) Profit

-S

The damage from the spark removes follow.

Put follow WITHIN your DPS macro and make your dps macro like this

/follow focus
    /target Malygos
    /castsequence reset=combat Revivify, Flame Spike, Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames

(I'd have to be home to say exact macro's I use, but Those four skills in a sequence is the best trick.)

Then you just spam that button, have one or two in your 10 man do only healing. And let him/her time the big heals whenever someone gets focused. Forget about shield completely. Just keep running in circles spamming that one button that has follow and the castsequence in one.

PS:

/follow <person>
    Doesn't work, you can /focus <person> and then /follow focus. But you can not /follow <person> since then it requires the macro to target the person. And you can't target anyone that is on a vehicle. So you need to utilize focus for that. /focus doesn't need to physically target in order for it to work.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

I frapsed the last 20% of a malygos fight once in which I still had follow seperately. Despite I lost my three followers once without realising at first. I literally got them back to follow in time a second away from dying and lived through the fight until 0% with me being the only one refreshing dots properly. (Rest in the guild was messing it up a bit.) We killed it without casualties nonetheless.

I could maybe compile that and upload it somewhere. It's only the last 20% though, but the only footage I have of Maly 10. I suppose it's pretty boring, but the follow screw up does make it kinda funny. :P

I guess the reason why it wasn't working is because my action bar changes to the Drakes abilities and it doesn't let me put any additional macro's on the bar. I thought I tried typing out /focus Aelli, but that didn't seem to do the trick either >< are you able to have the macro's up on a different action bar?
    confuzzled!

Just use any bar addon that adds additional bars.

I use macaroon for example. If you don't want to stop using your own bars, you can set up macaroon to keep showing any other bar and just make one bar in macaroon with a few buttons that will stay the same when in posession of a vehicle.

Personally I have macaroon all the way so when I swap to a vehicle, no bars change. And I just use macro's with my normal skills and vehicle skills in the same macro.

For example (Without any mods, just an example. :P )

/cast Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Revivify, Flame Spike, etc

In the same macro. When not on a vehicle it will LB, when on the Malygos drake it will castsequence the Revivify->Flame Spike->etc, for example.

But like I said, install it and only use it to show one extra bar and bind a key to a button while making a macro in that bar-button et voila, all set.

Code:
    /focus Aelli
    /follow focus
    /target Malygos
    Should work perfectly as long as you have Auto Self Cast on and a button that doesn't dissappear when entering a vehicle. Just keep ramming it and fly around in circles. Don't need to keep facing Malygos either. Just fly, fly, fly around! (Around the area with your guilds healer drake(s), though the range of the big heal is pretty big.)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187888#post1 87888
    Code:
    /focus Aelli
    /follow focus
    /target Malygos
    Should work perfectly as long as you have Auto Self Cast on and a button that doesn't dissappear when entering a vehicle. Just keep ramming it and fly around in circles. Don't need to keep facing Malygos either. Just fly, fly, fly around! (Around the area with your guilds healer drake(s), though the range of the big heal is pretty big.)
    Don't you need to be facing Malygos to be able to cast the dps abilities on him though?
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I'm glad I asked this question on here! It seems my issue with this seemingly crazy hard phase 3 is actually VERY simple