Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Don't you need to be facing Malygos to be able to cast the dps abilities on him though?
    No you don't.

I'm glad I asked this question on here! It seems my issue with this seemingly crazy hard phase 3 is actually VERY simple
    I agree. When someone told me about this one button Malygos method and tried it the first time. Suddenly Malygos phase 3 wasn't such an achievement anymore to do. :P Kind of dissappointing. *nod*

My best try before this tactic (when I was still attempting to use the shield on the right shaman and do the sequence manually). I lost one shaman and two shaman had the debuff drop off halfway-ish. Only on one did I manage to survive -and- keep the debuff stacking. 3/4 lived until the kill nonetheless but two of those did half the dps in that phase. So my four shammies, were basicly functioning as two. It was enough for my guild for the kill nonetheless. It was pretty frustrating to try and focus on multiple characters using shields all the while trying to keep the debuffs stacking. But with this one button tactic.. Pfffsh! A baby could do it. 8o
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Lol I did not realize you didnt even have to face him, here I was doing these crazy curved movements all the time to try and stay facing the right way ... nice info. Oh and I posted my drake setup in the glory of the hero thread but, I think some might find it useful as I literally dont have to change a single thing when I go to do maly or occulus now. My normal macro setup and my vehicle macro setup work together basically.
    Long time hydra ....
    Asynk, Bysnk, Cysnk, Dsynk
    <Illidan Server - US-Rampage BG top 5's rating 2321-S8>
    <Glory of the Hero complete x5(1/27/09]>

Retired- Conlaenn (6box)<Saryrn server - Everquest>

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=187930#post1 87930
    I agree. When someone told me about this one button Malygos method and tried it the first time. Suddenly Malygos phase 3 wasn't such an achievement anymore to do. :P Kind of dissappointing. *nod*
    I -totally- agree with you.

My guild uses me as the 3 healers + my main dpsing. We lucky charm mark all of me so everyone know who to stand near and then it's just mashing 1 button while slowing strafing in a circle. After we realized that we didn't need to flame shield, even on 25 man, it made the encounter far more - dumbed down. Now it's just a race to get him into phase 3 with enough time and then facerolling on the keyboard.

I still love the encounter, don't get me wrong, but the real challenge of phase 3 feels gone.

23 engulf stacks is my record btw.

Edit: my guild is going to try to put me on follow for 25 man Heigan tonight so we can try for the heroic safety dance since we always seem to loose 3-4 people... and some people put me on follow for malygos to make sure they're in range of the Life Bursts... lol
    Back to Warcraft!
    Shaggir, Shaggira, Shaggire, Shaggiri, Shaggiro - 5 Shamans US-Coilfang(H)

I'm not entirely sure what stack is my record. But I do know that my highest stack count (on my main char anyhow) has been on the worst malygos kill, our guilds first kill. :P (Only two managed to keep the dot stacked. My main and another guildy. The rest got to like 5 stacks max or so.)
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Hate to necro a long dead post but I'm finally getting around to starting this fight. I have absolutely no problem five boxing my way to the last phase but I can't seem to make the macro work. I've gone so far as to go up and get the daily with the same dragon to work on it, but the problem seems to be in the /cast on a vehicle.

Did they change that at some point, do I have to refer to the vehicle specifically? If I go up and get on the dragon, something as simple as /cast revivify doesn't do anything at all, yet alone the cast sequence. I pulled the follow out as well since I can just kick in Jamba autofollow when we fall. It's pretty frustrating since I went in and one shot all four VOA bosses right before (first time I ever killed the fire guy yet alone by myself) and the first two phases are so darn easy.

have you tried just manually doing the rotation?

damage: 1 1 2
    heals: 1 1 1 4

Yeah not sure if there's something with the ftl dps keys but pushing one causes a reset halfway through the cast on a vehicle, I can get the heals going but the dps is odd and I get chewed to pieces before I take off even four hundred thousand of his two point four hundred million.

Hey make sure and turn off your two step key before you try and do the vehicles if it's going to jank up some of the vehicle commands. That and I was standing too close to him and eating a nasty twenty five k a tick aoe pulse and he's down now after a year of trying. I did it without macro, spam five stacks of revivify then weave in a few hits and the hit dot, go back to revivify.

hurrah! yeah stay at max range, and you don't even need to be facing him