Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Jamba problem?

Default Jamba problem?

I'm not so sure this is a Jamba problem so much as a VISTA problem, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I recently went to VISTA from Windows XP (it was randomly blue screening on me) and everything seemed fine. I've resetup my multiboxing now, have keycloning working just fine.

However,I'm had a problem with my Macros and keybindings sticking around - had to finally click on "for this character only" in the wow interface option. Now, my problem with Jamba....

I have five directories of WoW on my computer, three on one hard drive, two on another. On my main hard drive, the two directories there, Jamba works great - everything saves perfectly and my Master is there and the one slave on it has no problems. On the other hard drive, where three directories reside (along with three slaves), the Jamba information just won't save. Everytime I log them back in, all the Jamba information is gone and they don't remember who the Master is and I have to reset everything. It's driving me nuts! I just know this is a VISTA permission-must-run-as-administrator-thing, but I don't know how to give Jamba the permission it needs to save it's information. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

Honorae

To me it sounds like Vista has created a Config.WTF in your virtual store. Go to \UserName\Documents\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and clear out any wow related files.

Hmmm.... I don't even have an appdata folder. After documents, just a few things in there, just a few files. Is there something hidden?

Honorae

Ah! I figured it out. It was a permission problem. I went to the directories that were working, checked the permissions there and saw that they had Authenticated Users there with a whole bunch of permissions. Went to the directories that were giving me problems, added Authenitcated Users with the same permissions and viola!

Thanks for the help - hope this helps someone else!

Regards,

Honorae

I don't understand the need for 5 copies of wow, unless you wanted to have special key bindings on the alts.

I think with Vista you should look into symlinking the make wow code directories or files so you really only have one copy of wow, although you could have multiple configuration directories.
    D:\Wow1\subdir1
    D:\Wow2\subdir1 -> sim linked to D:\Wow1\subdir1
    D:\Wow3\subdir1 -> sim linked to D:\Wow1\subdir1
    D:\Wow4\subdir1 -> sim linked to D:\Wow1\subdir1
    D:\Wow5\subdir1 -> sim linked to D:\Wow1\subdir1

check out Symbolic Linking with NTFS
    you can link a file or a directory.
    this should help with file caching
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

I have different keybindings on all my accounts using just one install anyway.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest