Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Emergency CC macros?

Hey all,

Has anyone had luck creating a spammable emergency CC macro that works deterministically?

My investigations have led me to conclude that this is not possible, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

By deterministically, I mean a spammable (whether one key or a sequence) macro that will sheep/hex/root an appropriate number of unique hostile mobs without targeting.

For instance, I run 4 shammies. A deterministic macro for me would allow me to engage up to 4 mobs and hex them all by spamming the macro (obviously the mobs need to be hexable).

I thought this would be possible through creative use of the targeting functions /targetenemy and /targetenemy1, which tab and reverse-tab through targetable nearby enemies respectively.

Something like:

Shammy 1.
    /assist focus
    /targetenemy [nomod=alt]
    /cast [nomod=alt] hex

Shammy 2.

/assist focus
    /targetenemy1 [nomod=alt]
    /cast [nomod=alt] hex

Shammy 3.
    /assist Shammy1
    /targetenemy [mod=alt]
    /cast [mod=alt] hex

Shammy 4.
    /assist Shammy2
    /targetenemy1 [mod=alt]
    /cast [mod=alt] hex

This would be a 2-press function, once without and once with alt pressed, using focus & assist used to "synch" up the initial targets, and then targetenemy/targetenemy1 to work forwards and backward from the initial mob.

This doesn't work. It appears to me that the tab order for mobs VARIES depending on relative world position, and so varies from toon to toon.

The best I'm able to do with a spammable emergency CC macro acknowledges this and just leaves things up to chance:

/targetenemy
    /castrandom ,,,Hex

on all shammies. Spam the key a couple of times until they are all casting hex. This works better than nothing and sometimes works great depending on ye old RNG.

Does anyone have anything better?
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

ive been thinking of this.. alot..

maybe something in a macro that says liike..

toon1... target=target

toon2... target=not target of 1

toon3... target=not target of toon 1 or 2..

would be sweet..!~

huge hex time in 5's lol.. just run out boom all 5 of the guys hexed.

The only thing I can think of is use jamba's target and macro thingie. You'd have to be able to mouseover a mob and, using a mod key, put a raid marker on it before hitting a key, but it could work.
    Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4, Asus Striker II Formula Mainboard, 8 Gigs OCZ DDR2 1066 Ram, EVGA GeForce 9800GTX, PALiT 9800 GX2, Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatl1ty, 2 X 1T Hard Drives, LG Bluray / DVD Player / Burner, Acer H243H Widescreen Monitor, Samsung 23.5" Widescreen Monitor, Windows 7 Ultimate 64.
    Laptop: MSI GT627 Gaming Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tanntyn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=188050#post 188050
    The only thing I can think of is use jamba's target and macro thingie. You'd have to be able to mouseover a mob and, using a mod key, put a raid marker on it before hitting a key, but it could work.
    Targeted CC is no problem at all, there are a variety of solutions for this. Regardless of which solution is used, it takes at least a couple of seconds to set up due to targeting latency. I'm talking about the shit hitting the bricks emergency spammable solution, without targeting. I'm reasonably confident this isn't possible to do in the way I framed the question (i.e. deterministically), but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Current team: Shnoght (DK) + 4 elemental shamans (Shalph, Sheta, Shamma, Shepsilon)
    Heroics cleared: Drak'Tharon, VH, CoS, UK, Gundrak, HoL, Nexus

Waiting in the wings at 80: Shaladin (pally), Shmage (mage), Shruud/Shrued (boomkins), Shelta (leftover shaman)

<Chain Lightning>, Alliance Bonechewer

The pitiful 20-yard range just compounds the problem. You get the /targetenemy /targetenemy /targetenemy thing down but you're trying to hex some guy 41 yards away.

Code:
    /script SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", 20) 
    /targetenemy 
    /script SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", 41)

Could help with that problem?

You could use a set focus-round robin button?

e.g.

Main presses 'a', on main this does:
    /targetenemy
    it also sends 'b' to window1, which does:
    /focus maintarget

Main presses 'a' again. this does:
    /targetenemy
    Also send 'b' to window2, which does:
    /focus maintarget

Repeat 5 times, all 5 shamans have a different focus target.

Then main presses 'C' which gets sent to all windows and does:
    /cast [target=focus] Hex

... main spams 'a' 5 times, then presses 'c' and voila 5 different targets hexed?
    I'm at work so i can't test this, but it should work?