Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default So I took my gnome mages into ramparts (at lvl 64)

I decided to do the instance after spending a few days on a respec spree - first trying full fire (proc insta pyros are fun), then full arcane (barrage and POMPYRO mad skillz are pretty cool too), and finally full frost (ZOMG brainfreeze, instafireballs, pets, frosty fingers!!). I figured Id make it to the first boss, wipe 3 times there, and then go back to quest grinding. It went way better than I thought! I figure now, if things are sheepable in the instance it is doable. (with 1 wipe on a bad pull) I made it past Omor without a character lost. Unfortunately, while 1 boss is ok with the water elementals taking the damage to begin with, the 2 boss kinda kicks my butt A LOT. I killed the rider once, but by then the pets were dead, and the dragon I couldn't get below 85% on any of the 4 attempts i made.

All the effects that help so much on normal mobs (frostbite, winters chill, brain freeze, sheep, frost nova, etc..) the bosses are immune to almost all of them >.< Ah well, I'll try again at 70 i think, lol.
    Alliance_______________Jogo Comigo________________Horde
    Wildhammer___________________________________Ticho ndrius
    Dwarf paladins - 70____________________________Undead rogues - 70
    Gnome warlox - 70______________________________Undead DKs - 65
    Dranei shamans - 62___________________________Blood Elf warlox - 30
    Gnome mages - 66_____________________________Tauren druids - 61
    Night Elf druids - 60
    70 huntards on other 5 accounts, dunno if i wanna spnd the $ to bringem over >.<

hehe nice. The last boss is a royal pain, even for a party with a tank. I think I last finished Ramparts at 63, but with a DK tank stacked with fire res, and it was a close-run thing. That you murdered the instance up to the last boss is still pretty sweet.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Moving to the PvE foum

The trick to the last boss is:

After you kill the the two guards intead of engaging Vazruden, run back up the path and start attacking Nazan from range. You'll still need to dodge fireballs but you wont have to fight the other boss at the same time. After you've killed the dragon, engage and kill the boss - you might want to save your water eles for this part.

Cheers,

S.
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

the second boss is quite easy. just stay at range and burst him down, dont worry about tanking.

you can easily outheal his nuke damage with one healer and if you burst him down fast enough you can avoid both his "special" attacks, the summons and the AoE.

You can just blast the dragon out of the sky before killing the two guards, then all you have to do is kill the rider, when the dragon lands he will have no hp's and you should be able to finish it off in one hit. hardest boss is the first in that zone. The daemon guy wont engage in melee so its a strait up mage fight, Just spread out so only one guy gets hit with the shadow debuff, but with your firepower, you can prolly kill him before he gets it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jezebel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185626#post 185626
    the second boss is quite easy. just stay at range and burst him down, dont worry about tanking.

you can easily outheal his nuke damage with one healer and if you burst him down fast enough you can avoid both his "special" attacks, the summons and the AoE.
    Omor is actually the last boss, but everyone skips to him second. we're actually talking about the dragon and his rider, Vaz and Nazen.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Starbuck_Jones',index.php?page=Thread&postID=1857 26#post185726
    You can just blast the dragon out of the sky before killing the two guards, then all you have to do is kill the rider, when the dragon lands he will have no hp's and you should be able to finish it off in one hit. hardest boss is the first in that zone. The daemon guy wont engage in melee so its a strait up mage fight, Just spread out so only one guy gets hit with the shadow debuff, but with your firepower, you can prolly kill him before he gets it off.
    That has been my method of doing it. Rather than trying to run back, and not aggro the rider, and deal with the first 2 guards respawning, I just pew pew the dragon as he passes overhead until he is at 1% (he wont die, so dont bother holding back) then start the fight as normal, rider lands, and just nuke him. When the dragon lands, one shot takes him out, then finish off the rider. With my 4x shaman and DK group, it was trivially easy. Engaging him normally sucks balls due to all the fireballs, and if you dont spread the toons out, they all get hit (he randomly targets toons to drop fireballs on...)

Before I knew of this trick, I would just skip this boss... Now its an easy farm

That's the same way I do the Dragon Boss too. Just nuke him down from a distance while he's in the air, (takes about 5 minutes since he goes out of range fairly quickly). Then when the dragon is at zero health I run in and one shot him and then kill the boss.
    Greatlegs - Pally | Appaton, Belisaur, Coramonde - Elem Shaman | Zenock - Resto Shaman
    Unguilded but <I Service Myself> was created for them
    US - Kul'Tiras
    Living in the deserted Outlands - Level 70

Thanks for the advice everyone, I cleared naz and vaz today when killing the dragon before fighting him lol. It took 4 passes overhead to get him to 0 then 1 set of arcane explosions when he landed.
    Alliance_______________Jogo Comigo________________Horde
    Wildhammer___________________________________Ticho ndrius
    Dwarf paladins - 70____________________________Undead rogues - 70
    Gnome warlox - 70______________________________Undead DKs - 65
    Dranei shamans - 62___________________________Blood Elf warlox - 30
    Gnome mages - 66_____________________________Tauren druids - 61
    Night Elf druids - 60
    70 huntards on other 5 accounts, dunno if i wanna spnd the $ to bringem over >.<

Quote Originally Posted by 'elsegundo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185735#po st185735
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Jezebel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=185626#post 185626

Omor is actually the last boss, but everyone skips to him second. we're actually talking about the dragon and his rider, Vaz and Nazen.
    He is not the "last boss" , he is most certainly the second as higher item level loot drops from the chest, and thats also where you get your achievements.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141