Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Fast Focus Switching

I use Keyclone to broadcast and run 4 accounts on my laptop. I never really used macros till I started multiboxing and I've come across alot of pretty good ones on here I even use when soloing. Anyways, I'm sure this can be found somewhere else on here, but I figured I'd add this for those that don't use this method.
    One drawback is that it takes up alot of hotbar space, but if you use something like Bartender, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I set up 6 macros to assign focus on to my main or to the tank if someone else is it in my party. Icons are all set to red ?s. Macros are:

This clears anyone I have set to focus. Make sure NOT to put a space between Clear and Focus
    Name - CF
    Code:
    /clearfocus
    Set selected target as focus. Make sure you put a space between Focus and Target.
    Name - FTar
    Code:
    /focus target
    Set main account to Focus. Just replace the toon with your character's name. I used one macro for each account and put the names of all my toons on each account into their own macro.

This macro takes up 135/255 characters. These are 9 of my Alliance toons on Earthen Ring on my main account. I have yet to make my Shaman there cause I need to get rid of my bank alt first. Just replace the names with your own toons.
    Name - FMain
    Code:
    /focus Kauldwynn
    /focus Bynski
    /focus Kultho
    /focus Kauldyr
    /focus Lansylot
    /focus Bynton
    /focus Brummly
    /focus Rymshot
    /focus Kauldwyn
    Name - FS1 (focus slave 1)
    Code:
    /focus Krystälynn
    /focus Kâylyn
    /focus Kírstyn
    /focus Kyralyn
    /focus Kydalyn
    /focus Jaïnah
    Set up one macro for each account on each account and put into your hotbars on each toon. I use F7-F12 for these, but may change them later when I start to get more spells. I figured doing this may take up more macro and hotbar space, but it's a little easier to manage all your toon's on these 6 macros than all those other macros with all the modifiers in them and trying to remember which modifier will set focus to which toon upon death.

Doing this also helps if you are like me and keep changing up your party combos. This way you don't have to set up so many or create a new focus macro everytime you want to switch out someone.

So far, these are some of my toons for the Alliance side on Earthen Ring. I have yet to make more macros like this for my Horde toons on the other realms I bounce around on. I'll settle on one realm shortly for the Horde and create more. I've only got a few other macros other than these, but not sure if there is a cap on how many we can have in the General Macros section and Toon Specific Macros. If anyone has hit this limit, can you let me know if there is and how many if so?

cool! thanks alot.. ive got some ideas for my cluster now

The limit for toon specific macros saved server side is 18 or so, and about double that, or a little more/less, for general.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest