Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Spammable dps macro for a RET pally.

Recently our guild pally tank respecced to retribution.
    He swapped in to a set of off spec gear he picked up whilst tanking and even in that gear is in
    number 1 on the damage meter by a huge margin. Even against very well geared other classes.

I know most suggest running the pally as a tank but I love my bear tank.

It's an unusual team I know but i think having a ret pally would really help augment the druids weaknesses on chaotic pulls e.g consecrate pulling in mobs that
    run past the druid buying time for the druid to grab aggro again.

So with that in mind is there anyone experienced running with a ret pally in their group?

If so, how are you finding their dps - and what is your spammable DPS macro?
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Bear tanks are awesome (though theyre getting nerfed quite a bit in 3.1 so time will tell on that one). Theyre very easy to play though. I have a swipe / maul key (because maul is On Next Attack you can add it to another ability in the same macro and do them both in 1 keystroke), a lacerate key (which will become even more important in 3.1 with Primal Gore) and a mangle key. Any usable trinkets are macroed into each of my abilities. The downside of this is that I cant hit them when I "need" them to maximize them. The upside is I am the sort of person who, even when playing 1 character, always forgot to use my trinkets. So this way I use them every time theyre up.

Anyways, you were asking about ret pally.

For lazymode
    /castrandom divine storm, Consecration, judgement of X (whatever youre using), crusader strike

Thats pretty spammable.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

The castrandom is probably your best bet. The cooldowns on paladin abilities do not mesh to well with a castsequence. Whenever I am dual boxing my ret paladin w/ my DK, the paladin will drop from 2k dps to 1.2-1.4k
    Dual-boxer on Earthen Ring (US)
    80 - Tombs (DK)/ Araze (Ret Paladin)
    65 - Meleinia (Mage)/ Celin (Spriest)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Redbeard',index.php?page=Thread&postID=183443#pos t183443
    Anyways, you were asking about ret pally.

For lazymode
    /castrandom divine storm, Consecration, judgement of X (whatever youre using), crusader strike

Thats pretty spammable.
    I recently respecced one of my pally as ret and played it solo a bit and was wondering about a good sequence... when I asked around people told me to drop consecrate from my rotation because it's not mana efficient (for a ret - initially I had Seal of Wisdom and Blessing of Wisdom up - now I have Command/(impr) Might up all times) - so it seems the rotation ends up being just CS, Judgment of Light, Divine Storm - relying on Light and the "Art of War" (instant flash heal) procs for health back and replenishment talent to keep mana up - with this I end up all solo fights at 100% mana and 100% health which I find amazing - on the other hand I don't see yet amazing dps (my pal is new and poorly geared) - build, etc... critique/suggestions welcome : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...iretree&n=Dpal
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Blood (I don't know what the alliance equivalent is called) is better than Command for damage. I find myself using Command only when I am duoing and do not have healing present.
    Dual-boxer on Earthen Ring (US)
    80 - Tombs (DK)/ Araze (Ret Paladin)
    65 - Meleinia (Mage)/ Celin (Spriest)

Alliance side is called Martyr and you have to be 66 to get it (I don't have it yet) - I respecced again to get some more of Divine Strength (but lost some Fanaticism as a result)

Thats valid about the consecration. If youre not having mana issues throw it in, as its nice AOE damage, if you are having mana it should probably go and be saved for times you really need it.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.