Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 36

Default Setting up Focus or FTL in minutes with ISBoxer

ISBoxer recently got a new feature that helps both focus-based and FTL-based configurations. Using FTL has been implemented for a while, and the hard part has been writing the actual WoW macros. Now, mapped keys can be coupled to a WoW Macro right through ISBoxer Toolkit. ISBoxer Toolkit will generate a WoW Addon to create the macros (any number of invisible macros up to 1023 characters, similar to Macaroon and other macro addons), and set WoW key bindings (using overrides, so you can keep your real LB button instead of replacing it with a macro, and your existing WoW key bindings will still be there when you're not multiboxing) to the keystroke set to send to the character, when launching that character via an ISBoxer character set. The right macros are automatically created and bound per character depending on the character set (technical note: this is done by using different virtual files, like an application-level symlink, a feature that has been long used to use a different config.wtf file per character -- this is not some new feature in Inner Space to read game memory to determine which character is loaded or making the Addon communicate with Inner Space).

When creating the macros through ISBoxer, you can select options to make the macro target or assist the Hot Character (the one you're playing), and it will automatically generate the additional macro lines to apply FTL, and also optionally restore the target afterward. The generated macro lines will be self-aware, so the same macro can be used on the hot character as the others for, say, casting Lightning Bolt.

Example: Creating a macro for lightning bolt, I would type "/cast Lightning Bolt" in the commands box, check a box to apply FTL or Focus targeting, select assist or target, and check another box to restore the target afterward.

As far as Focus-based setups go, the macros for setting the Focus character can be automatically generated by checking a box per character.

Now I can switch in a different character to that slot, and when exporting again, the new Focus macro will be generated for that character instead of the old one, or the FTL conditions will be updated with the new character, so there's no hassle in using a different character than the one originally configured. (You know, like having to go manually edit a bunch of macros to /focus a different character or change the characters in all the FTL conditions)

Suffice it to say, I've gotten rid of every macro I ever created in the game itself, and if I wanted to switch to using FTL instead of focus, it would take me all of a few minutes to check some boxes and perhaps change some key bindings for the macros instead of trying to follow confusing guides and spending hours getting it right. Configuring a new set of characters should take all of 15 minutes (once you're familiar with how things work), even complicated ones.

Video showing WoW macro configuration, for both Focus and FTL:
    * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZ11sP2EE8
    If you haven't watched the ISBoxer Overview videos, parts 1 and 2, it might help you follow along:
    * Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3-Pr3_3AU
    * Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqLMBhoMQI
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Well, it's really sweet .. makes it dead simple to (re)configure my FTL setup

Wow...

I've been putting off switching to a FTL because I didn't want to rebuild all my macro's...

I've been putting off switching to an FTL because Macaroon is likely to die with the next patch and I figured I could do it then...

If I'm looking at this right, I rebuild my setup using ISBoxer - it creates the macro's for me (which should still function just fine next patch), use a more agnostic bar mod to move my bars where I want them (or even use blizzards default UI mod) and everything just works...

Nice work. Very nice.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182810#post 182810
    I've been putting off switching to an FTL because Macaroon is likely to die with the next patch and I figured I could do it then...
    Is that because of a specific 3.1 change or just because stuff always dies after major patches?
    All my codes r belong to you: wow5box

Quote Originally Posted by 'Chorizotarian',index.php?page=Thread&postID=18281 7#post182817
    Quote Originally Posted by 'zanthor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182810#post 182810
    Is that because of a specific 3.1 change or just because stuff always dies after major patches?
    3.1 brings dual spec, dual spec brings profiled hotbars, I suppose that macaroon may survive and just not support that, but as I fully intend to switch all 5 shamans back and forth between elemental and resto I would very much prefer a smooth transition each time.
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I'm very happy with Keyclone, but I am also interested in FTL systems and am too lazy to do all of the hard work. This has got me very interested, the ability to write the macros outside of WoW, means I can do all the crap on a patch day. I'm going to be taking a look at this at some point this week for sure. The only thing that concerns me is, it doesn't seem to support Vista?

IS works fine with Vista.
    I haven't tried the ISBoxer toolkit in a few versions, but it worked fine with vista as well.

I'm using using isboxer and innerspace on vista x64 just fine - just make sure you run as administrator.
    WoW chars: Aboronic Phlayora Phlayorb Phlayore Abahron
    Earthen Ring - US - Alliance
    How to ask questions

Thanks for the info, I'll take advantage of the free trial, start a fresh alliance team on a busier boxing server and try it out. If it works out, I'll switch for my main teams too.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Frojax',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182837#post1 82837
    I'm very happy with Keyclone, but I am also interested in FTL systems and am too lazy to do all of the hard work. This has got me very interested, the ability to write the macros outside of WoW, means I can do all the crap on a patch day. I'm going to be taking a look at this at some point this week for sure. The only thing that concerns me is, it doesn't seem to support Vista?
    Before anyone else asks about Vista (or 64-bit, etc), for the record I do all my development work on Vista 64-bit. I've tested on Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit, and there are of course people using 32-bit of the same OSes and even Windows 2000, so beyond the usual Vista/Win7 funkiness -- needing to Run as Administrator -- there is no problems with the OS. In fact, for dual monitor with 1 video card setups, it is better to run Vista or Win7 than Windows XP or 2000 because you can more easily take advantage of both monitors while boxing (with XP, you either need special software to allow hardware rendering if moving the window to the other monitor -- desktop spanning -- or it's going to go ass slow when you move a window over). Hint though: Reportedly, leaving Aero enabled eats up a lot of performance when multi-boxing. Disabling might increase your FPS a good bit.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start