Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Great multi account inventory addon : Altoholic !

I found a great addon (not a plug for the one I wrote, just a happy user here) today:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...altoholic.aspx
    :thumbsup:

Thanks to that addon I can finally search for trade skill or item anywhere across all my accounts and toons - It also keeps fun totals/stats so I now know I spend 302d played time and have 1704 levels total across my accounts on my main server, etc...

The support for multi account is very new and I got a couple of lua / nil errors after transfer of data, but a /console reloadui fixes everything - and I filled those tickets with the dev which seems to be very active so I expect it will only get even more awesome as time passes - I place this addon very very high now on my list - almost as great as Jamba ! So I thought it was worth sharing !

ps: hmm don't you hate when you type a long post and click submit and loose it all because of the buggy editor ui not working well with firefox (basically lets you type into the wrong frame and has some crappy javascript such as back button looses what you typed...)
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

this is an awesome addon. i've used this for a while now on just one account. it's helped out alot since i try to take on every crafting profession and trying to gear up alts with main toons is easier. you can see if what you've just picked up is better than what they're wearing. i didn't know this can span across accounts now. i gotta try that out with my slaves. i've been getting alot of error messages on things i've always had tho. i just reinstalled this tonite and will try it again. i'll even try that ui-reload trick. i didn't know about that. question tho. i run 4 accounts on one laptop with the data and interface folders symlinked to 4 directories. can this work across all 4 accounts for me? plus will i need to run it on all my slaves as well or can i just run it from my main to cut down on memory usage?

The notes say if you had any version before 3.000.6 you must delete your lua saved vars and relog all your alts (I think he changed the format to support multi account or something)

This addon is great but we need to make some change to really use it on a multiboxing perspective.
    1 - Add a command line /alto update <account-name> <player-name>
    2 - Add an option : "If the player who ask database share is on your friend list, don't ask for confirmation"
    (And an option "Ignore query for people not in your friend list")

Someone can edit this addon ?

Btw i'm not sure (my server is offline atm), did this addon merge the guild bank of two different alt-account on the search result page ?
    And can we do more than one database share update at the same time ?

I've got altaholic but didn't realise you could set it up across accounts, will have to check my version and set that up later

Great addon really, thank you. I'd love to get it working for making things easier while 10boxing.

It all messes up when I add some toon from another account, some data passes other don't, I'm a bit clueless. When asking to communicate and it asks for an account name (I know it can be anything) what do you put in there? I mean, is there anyway that they all "display" as being in the same account for practical display reasons.

Thanks for any tip as well as sharing any problem you found out while setting it up.

Cheers
    10 Boxing - Grim Batol EU - Is Multiboxing
    Lvl 80 - Prot Paladin/Unholy DK/4 Elem Shaman
    /Shadow Priest//Fire Mage/Rest Shaman/Rest Druid

I found this a while ago and kind of like it. I really just wanted to track my gold across accounts and this was the only thing that did it at all. When I first tried it I had to manually merge some saved variables files. The new across account bit is nice but there is way too much information in there for what I need. I found that it quickly becomes a pig, even with only one toon on.

I have never written an addon and am still trying to decipher LUA but I am working on making my cross account gold addon. Maybe one day i will get it working.

I got all my accounts merged into 1 master one that I use when I need to search (remember to set "All Accounts" in the drop down instead of "Realm" for that to work)

For account name I just use the equivalent of a1 a2... that shows up when you have all accounts in the drop down - for me it seems that it got all my data not partial (despite some lua errors I filled just after the transfer) - you initiate the transfer from your main and just need to click yes from slaves so I don't think it's a big deal ... but then it will go out of sync - I wish there was a way to transparently keep it in sync - also using multiple computers makes it go slightly out of sync - nevertheless its a lot of progress vs "I can't remember which toon / if any toon has some iron ore..." now I just search and it tells me toon23 in his mail/bank/bags

As long as you only send info from one account to another at a time it does not mess up.
    Sometimes have to relog the account that received the info for it to display properly without bugs, but I find that to be very worth it for all the functionality this addon adds.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I use this addon and really like it. It also has the functionality of holding your guild's recipe books so you can see who makes what. (Those that have the mod installed, that is).

Also can look through your whole account for possible upgrades for your character's gear.

So much functionality in this addon without being bloated. Highly recommended.