Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 44

Quote Originally Posted by hapiguy314
    Hmmm - Just wondering.

Rather than using the /focus XXX /cast target=focus Heal or Righteous Defense, have you considered just using clique?

In my set up, If I need to heal with my pally rather than my priest, I just Shfit LeftClick for Holy Light and Alt Left Click for flash heal and alt right click on any guy being agroed for Righteous Defense.

I then just use AHK for constant renew using numberpad key from priest to heal pally. First page of priest (all controlled by number pad 1 - 0) are set up with Gheal, Renew, Shield for pally, and flash heal for all 5, and PoH/PoMending.

page 2 is just Gheal for everyone else (though I rarely use it) and some buffs.

You probably have a wide array of hot keys and a great X-keys set up to be able to heal using a different keyboard. I'm more curious how you heal with your shammy than how you play the pally
    I haven't used clique. Thanks for that - I'll check it out. Have any links to it ?

I don't use the second KB. I just use alt1 to alt= on the primary KB, using broadcast KB across the network, to do targetted heals and totem heals etc from the Shammy.

Sounds like the Clique thing wouldn't work for my Shammy (on 2nd PC) as all I am using is macro's, fired by keystrokes broadcasted from the main PC. I really don't like broadcasting mouse.

For future reference, I just want to list the basic Seduce macro I'm using for CC. This is not really for boxing, but putting a separate focus hot key on each Warlock using a Succubus as well will make it a very powerful tool.

/clearfocus [modifier:alt]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /petstay
    /petfollow
    /stopcasting
    /cast [pet:succubus,target=focus,exists,harm] Seduction; Seduction

It's Felbringers work; discussion on it here :

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....76808148&sid=1

I've found I'm sometimes casting totems and other spells, before the old ones have expired. I've found an answer to this using the /castsequence command.

This makes a hot key change to a different spell after using the initial one. You define how many seconds can pass before it automatically reverts to the default.

For example :

/castsequence reset=15 Mana Spring Totem, Stoneclaw Totem

The first time this hot key is used it will cast Mana Spring Totem. For the next 15 seconds it will change to Stoneclaw Totem. After 15 seconds, it will change back to Stoneclaw Totem.

I've worked this command into a number of macros and its very useful.

An aspect of this which can be used, further, is that the macro will reset the hot key every time it fires. However, it won't if the 'live' ability cannot fire. Thus, if Stoneclaw Totem is used just after this hot key (it has a recast of 30 seconds) on a separate hot key, then this macro cannot fire it - you get a 30 second countdown on the macro hot key.

I use this macro on key 3 and Stoneclaw on key 4. I use both at the start of every fight. This stops me repeatedly firing mana totems in fights where Imay want to use relevant hot keys on other characters, but have this hot key only fire the once at the start of a fight sequence. Its also useful in a number of other situations.

I've done Gnomeragan now and have am working my way through Scarlet Monastry. The end fights of Gnomeragan are obviously a bit more complicated for solo play and I had my first wipes. Shaman self rez or/and soulstones are essential for nstance running, in my mind.

Things are going very well. The Shaman is much stronger than imagined. I will probably not swap her out for my 60 Priest, when I hit that level.

The 2 x Succubus are superb crowd control. Target a mob, press a key to make first Succubus Seduce it, target second mob, press another key, second Succubus Seduces it. You can see from the pet casting bar the Seduce being channelled, so you just repress the hot key when its running low and the Succubus immediately recasts Seduce. Very easy to either set two targets for Seduce before pulling, or if you get adds mid fights to set them as focus targets and immediately Seduce them then. Third Warlock is running an Imp for DPS and Stamina buff. At tough bosses there is the option of swapping out the Succubus for Voidwalkers (usual) or Felhunters (they can dispell Mind Control etc).

My first clearance of the Cathedral in Scarlet Monastery, death free, was at level 37, 5 levels lower than the bosses, and it was extremely comfortable. I should have done it a level or two before.

In summary, I am very happy with the party set up. Shaman and Paladin, which initially looked weaker than Priest and Warrior, is the equal of it with lots more utility. 3 x Warlocks is considerable DPS, with, again, massive utility.

The synergies between these classes are superb. Between the Pallie Blessing of Wisdom buff and the Shaman Mana Totems there is never the need to drink or rest. Only the Pallie is in melee range so mob AE isn't a problem.

Another 10 levels to go until I hit the 41 point talents. The Warlocks will receive a big DPS boost (Unstable Affliction), while the Shaman will get the Earth Shield.

My aim has been and is to create one of the best 5 man boxing teams for high end instances and bosses. At this point, I am very happy with the choice of Paladin, Shaman and 3 Warlocks.

Great read Flight. Look forward to more posts on your journey. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Guessing by your last post it looks as though you are lvl31 (?) on your team; what instances have you done to date and have you come across any problems?

2. I am very interested in your UI setup. Would you mind giving a little more info on what you are using?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbon
    Great read Flight. Look forward to more posts on your journey. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Guessing by your last post it looks as though you are lvl31 (?) on your team; what instances have you done to date and have you come across any problems?

2. I am very interested in your UI setup. Would you mind giving a little more info on what you are using?

Thanks in advance!
    If he's 10 levels from his 41pt talents, which you get at level 50, then he's 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun

Thanks in advance!
    If he's 10 levels from his 41pt talents, which you get at level 50, then he's 40.
    Correct. My apologies, I miss read the post as he was 41. Thanks for the correction. That is even better, hoping to get your experience on even more instances!

Thanks in advance!
    Thanks Wilbon; nice to know I'm not wasting my time discussing what I'm doing

1. Yes, I'm 40 now. Instances done so far - Scarlet Monastery, Gnomeregan, Wailing Caverns and Deadmines. The only problem I've come across was with the last boss in Gnomeregan where he activates lots of little bombs. Wasn't a problem once you wrk out how to face it.

2. I use a UI package called AllDeuce UI. There is a forum dedicated to it at http://singularity.osgamers.com/forum/

It is highly configurable. The art bits on the main bar are downloaded separately in a UI utility called Sunn Art.

Its important to note I don't use any broadcasted mouse. All my macros and abilities are fired by pressing hot keys on the main keyboard. The keyboard commands are broadcast across the network.

As an example, let me list the first 12 hot keys, utilised by pressing keys 1 through = on the one keyboard. Each of the 5 PC's (Pallie, Shammy, 3 x Warlock) have different abilities or macro's on those 12 hot keys.

I'll then reply explaining what happens in a typical fight.

Paladin main bar (1 through =)

1 BLANK
    2 BLANK
    3 Seal of the Crusader
    4 Judgement
    5 Seal of Righteousness
    6 BLANK
    7 Stun
    8 BLANK
    9 BLANK
    0 BLANK
    - BLANK
    = BLANK

Shaman main bar (1 through =)

1 follow/stop follow
    2 assist Pallie
    3 macro to cast Mana Totem then lock key for 30 seconds (prevents repeat cast by mistake)
    4 Earthbind Totem on recast macro
    5 Windfury Totem
    6 Flametongure Totem
    7 BLANK
    8 BLANK
    9 BLANK
    0 BLANK
    - BLANK
    = BLANK

Warlock main bar (1 through =)

1 Follow/stop follow
    2 assist Pallie
    3 macro firing Amplify Curse then Curse of Agony
    4 Corruption
    5 pet attack (only on Warlock 3 if using Succubus for Seduce)
    6 BLANK
    7 Fire Wand
    8 Drain Mana
    9 Drain Soul
    0 set target as focus (Warlock 1 only)
    - Set target as focus (Warlock 2 only)
    = Seduce Macro

Firstly, I operate everything from the main PC/Keyboard, which runs the Paladin. Because I have keyboard set to broadcast, but not the mouse, I have two options.

If I use an ability on the Paladin, by clicking on it with the mouse, only the key on the main PC will fire. So I can operate the Paladin abilities without using anything ese.

Or, I can operate the Paladin abilities by perssing the relevant key on the keyboard. In this case the relevant hot key on each of the other 4 PCs will also fire.

As an example, if I click on 3 using the mouse, only the Paladin will use that abilitiy (Seal of the Crusader).

If I press 3 on the keyboard, Seal of the Crusader will fire on the Pallie, but the three 'locks will cast Curse of Agony and the Shaman will cast Mana Totem.

Combat then. I target a mob using the Paladin. If there is no AE threat (eg Wizards in Scarlet Monastery) it doesn't matter if all of the party are on follow. All of the abilities they use, particularly initially, are instant cast.

If there is an AE threat, I park the characters 20 yards behind, by pressing 1.

SINGLE MOB FIGHT

I target the mob I want to fight. I press 2 on the keyboard. This instantly makes all characters assist the Pallie and acquire the same target.

I can body pull or use the locks to pull. If I want to, I can go through a couple rounds of melee to build up aggro using only Paladin abilities (not usually needed). I then go through the following sequence :

Press 3 - Pallie fires Seal of the Crusader, Shammy lays down Mana Totem, 3 x Warlocks fire Amplify Curse (if it is up) then Curse of Agony

Press 4 - Pallie uses Judgement, Shammy lays down Earthbind, to ensure noting can run, Warlocks cast 3 x Corruption

Press 5 - Pallie casts Seal of Righteousness, Shammy lays down Windfury Totem, Warlocks send in pets to attack

Press 6 - Shammy lays down Flametongue Totem

By quickly pressing 4 buttons, the Pallie has established aggro, the mob has 6 DoTs on it, the pets are attacking and the Shammy has laid down its maximum of four Totems (one per element).

Depending on how tough the mob is, how everyones mana and life is etc, I can either lay more DoTs down very quickly, fire a lot of immediate DPS, or cast mana or life drain to replen them as necessary.

Bar 2 (Shift 1 to =) has more non shared ability keys. eg Shift 2 and Shift 3 just fireImmolation and Siphon Life on the Warlocks. Shift 9 is just Consecration on the Pallie, Shift 0 is just Holy Shield.

Alt 1 to Alt = fires targetted heals, chain heals and totem heals from the Shammy.

MULTIPLE MOB PULL

The Paladin can handle multiple mobs and easily maintain aggro. However, the option exists to use the Succubus for crowd control.

For example, a three mob pull. The option is there to keep two of the Seduced by the 2 Succubus for as long as necessary.

Target first mob, press 0. This sets mob 1 as focus target only on the first Warlock. Target second mob and press -. This sets mob 2 as focus target on second Warlock only. Press = to fire the Seduce macro on both Warlocks. They cast Seduce on their respective focus targets and take them out of the fight using the channelled Seduce ability.

The third mob is pulled, with very low aggro on the Succubus. The Pallie can easily pull it off, establish aggro, then we go through the same process as a single mob fight.

The pets bar has a cast bar enabled. This means you can see when Seduce is about to run out. Press = again and the Succubus that has live focus targets will recast Seduce, further taking them out of the fight.

If you get adds during the fight it is just as easy to immediately set adds to become focus target and be Seduced.