Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Home is where thy hearthstone is...

Where do you guys have the hearth stone of your MB group? Currently I have it in K3 but I am looking for a better place. I play on the horde side and the following things are important to me:

* vendor for reagents and ideally basic crafting mats
    * repair guy
    * smith to craft titansteel
    * somewhere central in northrend
    * NOT dalaran due to lag

Suggestions?
    Bunny

Best place IMO if you don't want to hearth to dalaran is crusader's pinnacle in ice crown - have to do a series of quests to open it up, but its the closest hearth to dalaran (you can see dalaran from crusader's pinnacle) and the innkeeper has repair capability. Its also close to the icecrown dailies.

I was hearthing there until I upgraded my PC now I hearth to the Inn in Dalaran.
    <Multiplicity>
    Blood Elf Death Knight, 4 Orc Shaman - Burning Legion Horde US (PvP)
    Ellianaa - Haachoo - Hachu - Hachuu - Hahchoo

Heroics down: Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Culling of Stratholme, Halls of Lightning, Ahn'Kahet, Violet Hold, Nexus, Azjol-Nerub, Halls of Stone

I know you said not Dalaran because of the lag, BUT....

The inkeeper in the sewers has to be the best bind spot in the game, imo. He sells food and drink, obviously, but 5 steps next to him is a mailbox, guild vault and bank, all clickable from one spot. There is also the pipe that leads outside where you can mount up and fly out. Also, the ramp up into the city comes out at the Violet Citadel and a few steps to all the portals.

There is a reagent vendor and repair guy down there too, not far from the innkeeper.

I find the lag down in the sewers to be MUCH better than up-top. You should at least give it a shot.

I cheat... I have a mage with portals.

Typically I hearth some place of strategic importance away from Dalaran. Like Fjord or Tundra for quick access to instances if I plan to farm them on a regular basis for a while. But honestly, the lag in Dalaran hasn't been bad enough to make me want to avoid it all the time. And yes, I do play mostly at peak times.

I can always just portal a couple at a time and use warlock to summon back if I just need a reagent run or something. But I also overstock reagents for that reason.
    Duskwood - Alliance - PvE

I use Conquest Hold in Grizzly Hills. It's near the Venture Bay dailies, then the logging camp dailies. Then I fly from there to Ebon Hold to do those dailies, hearth, and do my few instance runs (Gundrak mainly, and maybe the heroic only boss in Nexus). If I need to go to Dalaran, Conquest Hold is a relatively short flight.
    Siaea(h), Saiea(h), Seaie(h), Sieae(h), Seiae(h) - H(A) PvP
    Parting, Sadeness, Praetorium, Greetings, Salutations - H PvP
    Mullethead, Auderna, Jestitte, Zelynde, Serlena - H PvP
    Clotte, Tahru, Martitsu, Mikiel, Larain - H PvE
    Bonechewer - PvP - US

I'm bound to dragonblight these days for quick hopping to Naxx, and nice central flight points (don't have epic flyers yet...)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Talamarr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=181130#pos t181130
    I know you said not Dalaran because of the lag, BUT....

The inkeeper in the sewers has to be the best bind spot in the game, imo. He sells food and drink, obviously, but 5 steps next to him is a mailbox, guild vault and bank, all clickable from one spot. There is also the pipe that leads outside where you can mount up and fly out. Also, the ramp up into the city comes out at the Violet Citadel and a few steps to all the portals.

There is a reagent vendor and repair guy down there too, not far from the innkeeper.

I find the lag down in the sewers to be MUCH better than up-top. You should at least give it a shot.
    Gonna check this out when I get home - thanks for the tip!
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Dalaran is my home. Can't imagine having it elsewhere. :/
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem