Hey,

Have been using this guidefor as long as I can remember as it is so well written.

It covers areas relating to the saving of keymaps and UI settings, etc.

One area I use a lot is the area relating to keymaps - in particular some very very useful instructions have been reproduced below:
A more accurate approach
I have found a more accurate, but also more advanced, approach to save and store your key settings. Start by logging into EverQuest 2 and customizing your keys as desired.

Now save your key maps as “eq2_keymap_custom.ini” by typing

/save_keymaps eq2_keymap_custom.ini

Now open the Options (ALT+O) and select “Other” from the Keyboard Drop-Down List and log off EverQuest 2.

Browse to the “Layout” folder (located under your EQ2 installation folder) with your Windows Explorer and make a copy of the file “EQ2-OtherMode.cfg”. Name the new file “EQ2-CustomMode.cfg” and open it with notepad.

Change the following contents in the File (or insert the lines if missing):

name=Custom
options=
uisettings=
colors=
keymaps=eq2_keymap_custom.ini

Save the file and then open the file called “eq2_recent.ini” and make the following change in the file:
Change “cl_configuration_file EQ2-OtherMode.cfg” to “cl_configuration_file EQ2-CustomMode.cfg”

Proceed by saving the file and log back into EverQuest 2 to verify that your key bindings are still working without having to reload them. You may also want to verify that it works after restarting your PC.

When saving the files from Notepad, please make sure you select “All Files” in the Drop-Down List when asked for a File Name, or Notepad may automatically add “.txt” as an extension, in which case the file will be ignored by EverQuest 2.