Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default I didn't read the rules and wanted to talk about private servers so svpernova09 edited and locked my thread. Next time I'll read the rules

Private people have setup blizzard like servers that you can use for free. Often the XP is multiplied from 2x to 150x which makes playing a different experience. It was cool I could get my four accounts setup and working very quickly. Usually you just have to change one file in your warecraft program directory to point it to the private server name and then run the wow.exe.

I've been playing exclussively on private servers since the weekend and it's working out pretty well. The best thing is during downtime I can just switch servers and keep playing. Blizzard has global blackouts.

I think private servers is really great for multiboxers financially. I can aford the monthly cost of lots of accounts. But the cost of license upgrades to WOTLK is $160 for four accounts !!! Now I'm playing with a fully patched WOTLK on my private servers with no license or monthly charges. I will however start giving "donations" monthly if I get attached to one server.

This weekend I accidently upgraded one of my accounts to WOTLK while adding a fourth account. I can't log in without installing the darned thing. Knowing this will take Blizzard days to downgrade my account which requires them to refund which takes forever. I decided to look at private servers.

I've now got three working versions of WoW on my PC: WOTLK fully patched, TBC 2.4.3 and TBC 3.0.8
    Some private servers only work at certain patch levels.

no. private servers are bad. dont do private servers.

Very, Very bad.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Default I'm all ears

Could you please say a little more about this?

Any experiences with private servers? Or did you just hear they were bad?

In before this thread gets slashed and burned.

Seriously. we do not condone or support this in any way shape or form. Private servers are bad and we do not discuss them here.

For reference: Community Guidlines

We don't talk about illegal stuff here. And this post smells fishy at best.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Default Such a strong reaction

Sorry if I upset you.

Default Multi-Boxing is fishy to most people to

True enough, these servers walk a fine line and many have been shutdown for stepping over it. But lots have been up and running for while and blizzard has not shut them down.

Just like multi-boxing seems fishy or even illegal I guess.

you upset no one. this is not a personal issue. there are many reasons why private servers are bad besides the illegality of it, but i'll let that be a topic for another thread.

blizzard cannot shut down private servers as they are, how should i say... not the police? if i used your reasoning, then Louie Voutton would need to shut down Louie Boutton makers around the world. follow? this is not the case. companies are companies. laws are laws. law enforment is law enforcement.

edit2: multi-boxing will only be illegal if the game disallowed it. what you're comparing is a matter of "what seems" to you, or, your opinion. this has little to do with reality.

No. Thread Closed, Title edited.

Private or Free servers are a violation of the ToU / EULA. Do not post about them here, these threads are not welcome.

Game Specific Forum Rules
    1. If it is against the ToS of the game you are discussing it is against
      dual-boxing.com’s community guidelines to discuss ways of breaking said
      ToS. We are COMMITTED to keeping our hobby 100% compliant with the ToS
      of any game we play.
    1. Discussions regarding software that automates gameplay or alters parts of the
      gaming environment are strictly prohibited. We neither use nor condone
      the use of such software. Do not name, provide links or provide a
      “how-to” for such software.
    1. If a game has a tool for detecting prohibited programs, such as “Warden”, discussions of bypassing or disabling those tools are prohibited. Do not name, provide links or provide a “how-to” for such procedures. Unless specifically authorized by the game’s ToS there is to be no talk of purchasing or selling characters, in-game items or currency.