Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 70

Default Mousecloner is very likely against the rules

I can't believe what I'm reading on Mousecloners own website. His proof that the program is legit is here:

http://mousecloner.com/blizresponse.php

What he does NOT say is that he is sending clicks to a predetermined position. Somehow he left that very important piece of information out of his request for blue approval. Until that part is included, I would recommend AVOIDING using Mousecloner.
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

In before Evilseed/Mousecloner hops in acting like 2 different users and includes several hyperlink plugs to his own site.

But it's "built around the spirit of Multiboxing" and "has a great gui."

:thumbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bigfish',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172536#post 172536
    In before Evilseed/Mousecloner hops in acting like 2 different users and includes several hyperlink plugs to his own site.
    I noticed that. Posted response as Evilseed to a thread days old but relevant stating he had tried it and it wasn't good.

Then posted as mousecloner offering his solution.

I will hold off on buying mousecloner - thanks for the warning.

Logically If the program is moving the mouse to a set location I can't see how that wouldn't be deemed as automation.

I had thought blizzard had seen that and approved it.
    Team: Feral Druid, 3 Ele Shaman, 1 Resto Shaman

Gimp Team: 4 paladins(13) and a DK(80)
    Kierlay,kierlee,kieree,kierla and Karatesh

Can we please not turn this thread or any other into a hate thread. Be cautious if you wish of his solution, but just drop the negativity.

If you don't want to use it, don't. Let Blizzard decide if it's legal.

If or when it is, it could be a really helpful tool to some of us.

I'm not being paid to help Evilseed lol...just tired of all of the negativity in the world these days.
    (Paladin) - Level 80 - Halestoarm - Wildhammer US PVP
    4 x (Shamans) - Level 80 - Imprue Impiper Imphoebe Impaige "The Charmed Ones"

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172551#post 172551
    Can we please not turn this thread or any other into a hate thread. Be cautious if you wish of his solution, but just drop the negativity.

I'm not being paid to help Evilseed lol...just tired of all of the negativity in the world these days.
    But if this case isn't included in the Overview for Blizzard then it's better not to use it till this is confirmed / edited or wtf else. It's just a warning.
    If they get the Accs banned because of this and they don't know that it isn't legit, they won't get their accs back. (theres a sentence in German but can't really translate it but I'll try) "Unknown" doesn't save for Punishment.

Personally I won't use it, not because I have to pay for it, I just don't need it, just for 1 click I don't pay, for myself it isn't worth it, everyone who wants it I'm fine with it, go get it. Maybe I'll get it with later features, keep a look on it for sure.
    Clash of the Titans
    Almost Done -.-
    CotT
    [/align]Current Playlist:
    • Megadeth, Nine Inch Nails, Soilwork, Soil, Mudvayne, Killswitch Engage, Evanescence(Again :love: )

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172551#post 172551
    I agree. Let's stick to the facts. No insults. Nothing personal.

And stick to the important points which, in my opinion, are:

1. This program uses prerecorded X Y coordinates.

2. The publisher claims Blizzard said this is okay.

3. Is this true?
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Dude wants to sell his program, fine. No issues there outside of potential EULA problems.

Dude wants to hock his wares, generally ignore questions posed, disparage alternatives, and use an alternate forums account to act as the inside man in the crowd, he starts to get annoying and shady.

If Evilseed/Mousecloner wanted to be up front and honest about his program, fine. No one rides Keyclone for providing a program and charging for it when there are free alternatives out there. Then again, Keyclone doesn't hide behind alt accounts or post adverts about how great his product is, and is a generally all around helpful guy.

I think some of the more seasoned members will tell you that the MB community seems to protect its right to MB and any possibly threat is often attacked.

All Mouseclone needs to do is change from a system where it's a predetermined X,Y and instead broadcast the relative position of the current click to the other WoW windows. I personally wouldn't have any problem with Mouseclone if the modification was made. If people want to pay for Mouseclone so that they have that ability, and ignore the free solutions currently available, then more power to them.

I do have a problem with predetermined X,Y. Since that's all the Mouseclone program does, then I think it's software that reflects poorly on the MB commlunity... hence the "hate."
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by 'Freddie',index.php?page=Thread&postID=172558#post 172558
    1. This program uses prerecorded X Y coordinates.

2. The publisher claims Blizzard said this is okay.

3. Is this true?
    Question: Doesn't HotKeyNet do much of the same thing?
    Basilikos
    Icecrown US Alliance

Mixed Group of Unholy DeathKnight, Holy Priest, Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Arcane Mage, Balance/Restoration Druid
    Second Mixed group of Protection Paladin, Discipline Priest, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Affliction Warlock

5 Balance Druids - Shelved at 65
    Holy Priest and 4 Warlocks - Shelved at 71
    Protection Paladin and 4 Shadow Priests - Shelved at 60
    5 Elemental Shaman - Shelved at 60