Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 49

Default Guide to getting Keyclone to work with EQ2

Most keycloners on the forums are playing wow, but there are a few of us who are interested in other games. Over the weekend I managed to get keyclone working with six clients in EQ2, and wanted to list how, for others who will be coming here looking.

Software you need.
    Keyclone - http://solidice.com/keyclone/index.html
    Innerspace - http://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/
    **Update Rob is currently working on adding the "Lock forward" function to keyclone, hopefully we wont need innerspace much longer.

You will need a copy of EACH for EACH computer.
    I.E. Three computers, Three Keyclones, and Three Innerspaces.

You need to decide on the number of toons you wish to run. I can run 4 clients on my system.
    4200 dual core AMD
    4 gigs of ram
    8800 GTS 640 mg card

However its rather taxing and this is on extreme performance setting. Its stable enough to follow and cast with ease, but I seriously doubt I could run a 5th.

Test your hardware with 2 accounts, if its fluid, add another until you notice performance is hampered. Make sure you lower settings as needed. I run in extreme performance mode. Window mode is also needed so you can see all windows.

Once you have your hardware figured out, start up innerspace.

Right click on your innerspace icon in your task bar near the clock. Click Add game.

Title it EQ2 select your main EQ2 directory. Innerspace may have EQ2 already setup for you, I shoot 50/50 on my fresh installs.

Once you have EQ2 set up right click innerspace again, click configuration, and then game configuration.

Select EQ2 and make sure Lock Foreground is checked, then click apply. Close it out.

Use innerspace to open up all your copys of EQ2, right click innerspace, click game name, click the default profile, I set mine up to directly link to the client and bypass patching, if you chose to do this you will need to patch anytime there is an update before you launch.

I recommend logging all the way to the character to keep from having crashes, but feel free to do so as you see fit. Depending on your resolution your going to get some overlap. Set them up how you feel comfortable, here is how I run my 4.

Now that you have all your EQ2's open and staring at you, click on your keyclone and make sure its open and clear of windows. Click Add and then click in the center of each EQ2 window. After each add and click, you should see IS1, IS2, etc etc list in keyclone, that shows the windows are getting registered.

If it says Everquest, make sure you launched the program via innerspace and not by an icon.

If your using multiple computers make sure you add all clients the same way with key clone on that computer. Once both computers have all copys of eq2 added you will need to enter the ip address of each computer you wish to box with into the connect box. The ip is provided at the top of key clone, should look like 192.168.0.100 or something along those lines. FYI sometimes it is necessary to enter the port number, just copy it exactly like listed including the :. Enter the ip, click connect, and you should see the clients from the other pc. At this point your key clone should be functional.

Click on an EQ2 window and press the space bar, if all things are functional all toons should jump.

Now before you get all excited, click on setup in keyclone and make sure you add to the do not pass list your movement keys, and anything else you plan on using on your main account but not on your subs.

Also... to avoid embarrassment make sure you hit the override button (the pause key on your keyboard by default) before you chat to anyone. I made the mistake of doing a serverwide broadcast with all six of my toons answering someones newbie question 2 min after I set this up =)

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can try and help, Keyclone on this forum is also extremely fast at replying so hit him up too.

Im also on The Bazaar as TDKGuardian.

Hope this helps.

Any chance I can get this stickied on the newbie forums? The search function doesnt find it very easily (Searched for EQ2 guide and it was on page 12), and Im trying to spread the word to EQ2 folks I meet.
    Im going to update it with graphics shortly.

Nice guide. But you thought about adding color and images and that sort of stuff? I don't know about you but seeing that sort of stuff it a tutorial makes it alot more easy to understand.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Definitely add some screenshots and expand upon it and I'll slap it up as a sticky
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Ok updated with photos, my first guide so may not be perfect, if there's something you feel needs to be added please let me know. Otherwise STICKEH!

A most excellent Guide. I just got done firing up three accounts (working on a fourth) in EQ2 and they were all jumping in sync! I only wish there was a way to use the Maximizer w/ Innerspace... I'll play around with some settings and some of the other Lavish tools and update this post if I figure it out. This may seriously impede future sleep

Innerspace has its own version of maximizer, the problem is unlike wow that can have any resolution you can think up EQ2 MUST have 1024x768 or higher. If you force it smaller, you lose everything outside that window. (Think covering up your game window with a cardboard box you cant see through.

Technically you could move your bars and such to the top of the screen, the problem comes in if a GM msg's you or something you cant see it, and responding would be blind.

However the commands can be found in this thread.

Rob is working on getting the force to front feature working, then we can just cut innerspace out all together.

I've noticed the "lock forward" option was added under the command editor, but don't know how to use it.
    Am interested in using keyclone for EQ2 but with livegamer's potential "warden" style monitoring, not sure I want to mess with innerspace (not to mention the additional fees).

Livegamers monitoring is strictly on their site not in game from what I have heard. Im not a big fan of Innerspace either... but until Rob gets it working I dont really have much of a choice. Hopefully there will be a new keyclone release soon and the lockforward will be the answer to the problem!

Besides... livegamer is still 2 - 3 weeks away unfortunately.