Close
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 92

HotKeyNet seems very nice; I have a few questions:

a) How would I setup a toggle to send ALL and ANY keys to all wow windows (sometimes I want for instance to type a / command on all windows; or for typing my password; which includes keys like w,a,s,d that in normal mode I don't want to broadcast) - I have ScrollLockOn for the normal setup but I would like a different toggle like "Insert" to switch to broad cast all mode ?

b) Any way to have a small status window and/or play a sound based on current mode (ScrollLock On/Off ; Insert On/Off; Pause On/Off ...)

c) Why is the program contacting an "authorization server" - does that mean it can stop being free at any time - and/or stop working at any time ?
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv

Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178085#post1 78085
    a) How would I setup a toggle to send ALL and ANY keys to all wow windows...
    For "all keys" you can use the keyword AllMainKeys any place that HotkeyNet allows you to list the names of keys. However this doesn't include alt, shift or ctrl. Those three modifiers have to be specified as part of key combinations. For more info, see:

http://hotkeynet.com/ref/hotkey.html

For "all wow windows" you would make a label for each window and list the label names separated by commas. The whole thing would look like this:

Code:
    <Hotkey AllMainKeys; Shift AllMainKeys; Ctrl AllMainKeys; Alt AllMainKeys>
       <SendLabel 1, 2, 3 ...>
          <Key %Trigger%>
    I have ScrollLockOn for the normal setup but I would like a different toggle like "Insert" to switch to broad cast all mode ?
    First, please note that there are three built-in toggle keys on the keyboard. You can use them in combinations. There are eight combinations in total. I think it's better to use them this way instead of a non-toggle key like Insert because the keyboard lights give you a visual indicator. But if you want to use Insert, or any other key, you can do that with a user-defined variable. See:

http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/view...1&p=5740#p5740

b) Any way to have a small status window and/or play a sound based on current mode (ScrollLock On/Off ; Insert On/Off; Pause On/Off ...)
    For sounds, use a user-defined variable as explained in the link above together with the info in the following Wiki article:

http://hotkeynet.com/wiki/index.php?title=Play_sounds

There is no built-in way to display a window. You can probably find a third-party program that displays a window.

c) Why is the program contacting an "authorization server"
    See http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9

does that mean it can stop being free at any time - and/or stop working at any time ?
    Eventually I plan to start charging for the program, but not until the number of users gets to a certain point. At the rate the number is increasing, it will probably be free for at least another year.

The program has more than one authorization server. If it can't contact one it contacts another. The authorization servers are located in different data centers and operated by different companies, so it's very unlikely that they will all become unreachable at the same time.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Thanks for the other hints; about the "free"

c) Why is the program contacting an "authorization server"
    See http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9

does that mean it can stop being free at any time - and/or stop working at any time ?
    Eventually I plan to start charging for the program, but not until the number of users gets to a certain point. At the rate the number is increasing, it will probably be free for at least another year.

The program has more than one authorization server. If it can't contact one it contacts another. The authorization servers are located in different data centers and operated by different companies, so it's very unlikely that they will all become unreachable at the same time.
    While it is obviously your privilege to do whatever you want with your work, you may want to clarify this somewhere clearly on your site as the current "HotkeyNet is free multiboxing software" is a bit misleading if you plan on starting to charge and disable the program for people - hooking people with "free" and once they have a significant investment, force them to pay looks a bit like bait and switch... It's also not clear it's a time limited beta (if that's how I should understand the 30 days mentioned in the thread above)

Also in the forum post you reference it says :
    By the way, in case anybody is worried about security problems, the only info that HotkeyNet sends to its server its version number.
    Yet 60 characters seems like a looong base64 chunk for just a version ?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178150#post1 78150
    While it is obviously your privilege to do whatever you want with your work, you may want to clarify this somewhere clearly on your site as the current "HotkeyNet is free multiboxing software" is a bit misleading if you plan on starting to charge and disable the program for people - hooking people with "free" and once they have a significant investment, force them to pay looks a bit like bait and switch...
    This has been explained many times both here and in HotkeyNet's forum. I'm curious to know if other people see this like Moorea does. If so I'll make some changes to clarify the situation.

It's also not clear it's a time limited beta (if that's how I should understand the 30 days mentioned in the thread above)
    Each build expires after 60 days (it used to be 30). It says so on each build (in the about box). This is done to force people to upgrade to a newer build so that new code gets tested promptly after it's written.

Yet 60 characters seems like a looong base64 chunk for just a version ?
    The program takes a string like this:

"HotkeyNet 0.1.37 build 160"

The program pads that string with zeros to make the length a multiple of 16 because this is required by the encryption algorithm. After encryption and conversion to base 64 encoding, the resulting string is approximately 60 bytes.

Small bug report:

<KeyList MyList A-Z except A>

<Hotkey MyList; Shift MyList>
    <SendLabel x>
    <Key %Trigger%>

Will exclude A as expected, but not Shift A

(so I ended up writing my KeyList B-C, F-P, R, T-V, Y-Z, 0-8
    while I really wanted A-Z, 0-9 except W,A,S,D,Q,E,X,9
    )

And suggestions:

Instead of having to hard code the ip (which can change when using dhcp) can you add aliases like CLIENT1 CLIENT2... or PC1... or ALL_REMOTE to go with "local" (and maybe ALL too)

Also the UI select which IP the server should be listening from and its definition of itself (for multiple network interfaces cases)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178169#post1 78169

<Hotkey MyList; Shift MyList>
    <SendLabel x>
    <Key %Trigger%>
    I just pasted this into a script, added a label definition, and it works fine for me. (In other words A and Shift A do not get defined.) Could you please paste your entire script (or email it to me) so I can see if something else is defining Shift A? Thanks.

Instead of having to hard code the ip (which can change when using dhcp) can you add aliases like CLIENT1 CLIENT2...
    Okay. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: On second thought, is it possible to use labels for this? Labels have names which can be CLIENT1 etc., and you can just change the IP address in the label.

or ALL_REMOTE to go with "local" (and maybe ALL too)...
    I'm not sure whether I can do this because the program allows people to specify an IP for the local PC. Hotkeys get "expanded" -- undergo quite a bit of text substitution -- at the time the program loads them. In a case like this, the loader wouldn't realize that the local IP is local and not remote. If I were writing the program from scratch I could have handled this, but at this point, it might involve more work than I want to do. I'll have to look at the source code and see how much work it would be.

Also the UI select which IP the server should be listening from and its definition of itself (for multiple network interfaces cases)
    Do you mean your server has multiple IPs and you need to tell the server copy of HotkeyNet which IP to listen with?

Edit: I don't have multiple IPs here so I can't test, but the program is written in such a way that the server is supposed to listen on all its IPs, so you should be able to control this now by entering whichever server IP you want to use in the client copies of HotkeyNet. Is it not working that way?

By the way, in case you don't know, you can send commands from any copy of HotkeyNet to any of the others regardless of which one is the server and which are clients. You can designate some other machine to be the server if that helps.

[quote='Freddie',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17819 2#post178192]
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178169#post1 78169
    Could you please paste your entire script (or email it to me) so I can see if something else is defining Shift A? Thanks.
    I found my bug; I had later in the script:
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn ExList; Shift ExList; Alt ExList; Ctrl ExList>
    instead of
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn ExList; ScrollLockOn Shift ExList; ScrollLockOn Alt ExList; ScrollLockOn Ctrl ExList>
    (this is btw my workaround for do not pass override; I have all my excluded keys in ExList and map them when I do Scroll lock)

Instead of having to hard code the ip (which can change when using dhcp) can you add aliases like CLIENT1 CLIENT2...
    Okay. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: On second thought, is it possible to use labels for this? Labels have names which can be CLIENT1 etc., and you can just change the IP address in the label.
    The idea is to not have to edit the script at all when machine IPs change (dhcp)

or ALL_REMOTE to go with "local" (and maybe ALL too)...
    I'm not sure whether I can do this because the program allows people to specify an IP for the local PC. Hotkeys get "expanded" -- undergo quite a bit of text substitution -- at the time the program loads them. In a case like this, the loader wouldn't realize that the local IP is local and not remote. If I were writing the program from scratch I could have handled this, but at this point, it might involve more work than I want to do. I'll have to look at the source code and see how much work it would be.

Do you mean your server has multiple IPs and you need to tell the server copy of HotkeyNet which IP to listen with?

Edit: I don't have multiple IPs here so I can't test, but the program is written in such a way that the server is supposed to listen on all its IPs, so you should be able to control this now by entering whichever server IP you want to use in the client copies of HotkeyNet. Is it not working that way?

By the way, in case you don't know, you can send commands from any copy of HotkeyNet to any of the others regardless of which one is the server and which are clients. You can designate some other machine to be the server if that helps.
    Yes that's how I worked around this problem, I switch which one was my server and which one was my client, while the program indeed listens on all interfaces; it thinks it's own IP is the first one it find; ie when I try to make a script that would work loaded from either of my 2 machines; I couldn't because on the client; the "main" was one IP but another from the server

HotKeyNet - especially in 165 - is where it's at. I've been using it since 155, and just started using the mouse broadcasting. Before I used AutoHotKey, which is also nice, but HotKeyNet has a lot of nice extra things.

It's very good, and I sincerely thank the dev for sharing it with the community, and everyone involved in making it work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Moorea',index.php?page=Thread&postID=178223#post1 78223
    It thinks it's own IP is the first one it find; ie when I try to make a script that would work loaded from either of my 2 machines; I couldn't because on the client; the "main" was one IP but another from the server
    I'm sorry but I don't understand. Are you saying that you want a mechanism so you can specify which IP the client uses as its own IP?

Quote Originally Posted by 'aerows',index.php?page=Thread&postID=182148#post1 82148
    HotKeyNet - especially in 165 - is where it's at. I've been using it since 155, and just started using the mouse broadcasting. Before I used AutoHotKey, which is also nice, but HotKeyNet has a lot of nice extra things.

It's very good, and I sincerely thank the dev for sharing it with the community and...
    You're welcome and thanks for the kind words. AutoHotKey is an outstanding program so I'm honored by the comparison.

Did you try mouse broadcasting before 165? I'm wondering how much of an improvement there was.

...and everyone involved in making it work so well.
    I second that ... the program has had some terrific testers who contributed greatly.