Close
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 92

This is really an excellent multiboxing tool, it is very polished and intuitive...one of the great features I wasn't expecting at all was the real time, verbose input and script debugging... This really made it quick and easy for me to get up and running with HKN having no experience prior with the app. I was honestly expecting to spend hours to just get a "hello world" script to work but within 10 minutes I was up and running without a hitch. Mind you, I'm barley scratching the surface of this programs potential but getting started with the functionality I needed was a snap!

Anyway thanks so much for making this tool public/available, also a big thanks to all the folks writing tutorials and quick start guides.

Good stuff, i'm a fan :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by 'suprafro',index.php?page=Thread&postID=164896#pos t164896
    ...within 10 minutes I was up and running without a hitch... getting started with the functionality I needed was a snap!
    I really enjoy hearing this. Thanks. Like I said in my last message above, the program has a reputation for being difficult but for people like yourself, it's actually pretty easy. It depends on the user.

...it is very polished and intuitive...
    A lot of the polish is due to suggestions from users. I've been very lucky during the beta that the program attracted some extremely talented testers who made wonderful suggestions.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

I enjoy the freedom that I have with HKN. Since it's text based I can set-up any configuration that I may need without too much difficulty. Once you get over the initial learning curve is a pretty simple program to use. I often make quick changes on the fly.

:thumbsup: HKN!
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

question about PiP, when it removes border you cant see that windows name anymore. Will the commands till pass to the windows?

Yes it will (and in the taskbar, the windownames are still there).
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Default RE: PiP Error

Quote Originally Posted by jbrcks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=155461#post15 5461]I'm having a bit of trouble with the PiP. I am setting up 2 WoWs on 1 system. I can start everything fine and get the windows positioned correctly but when I toggle which copy of wow is big and which is small. The smaller window does not display and I am left with just a hole in the big window where the smaller copy should be and I just see the desktop background. Any advice on this problem?

Example:
    [url='http://e.imagehost.org/download/0281/PiPError
    [/url]
    (The black part is where the window should be, there is actually a small strip along the top of the PiP box of the smaller window.)

Relevent code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    // SUBROUTINE TO Position Windows for 2 boxing.
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    <Command ResizeAndPosition>
    <SendPC Local>
    <SendWin %1%>
    <SetWinSize 1280 1024>
    <SetWinPos 0 0>
    <SetWinRegion 0 25 400 300>
    <SetForegroundWin>
    <UpdateWin>
    <SendWinM %2%>
    <SetWinSize 400 300>
    <SetWinPos 0 35>
    <SetForegroundWin>
    <UpdateWin>

//----------------------------------------------------------------
    // TOGGLE PIP CONFIG WITH HOTKEY
    //----------------------------------------------------------------
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem5>
    <Toggle>
    <ResizeAndPosition WoW1 WoW2>
    <Toggle>
    <ResizeAndPosition WoW2 WoW1>
    you prob dont need help but for future to players like me :] the problem is border, if you remove it, in winxp it does that.. [atleast for me] removed the option to remove em and worked nicely:]

PS. this kicks ass nicely more customizable than keyclone.. + doesnt cost anythin' ;o

Default RE: RE: PiP Error

Quote Originally Posted by 'zutto',index.php?page=Thread&postID=177332#post17 7332
    you prob dont need help but for future to players like me :] the problem is border, if you remove it, in winxp it does that.. [atleast for me] removed the option to remove em and worked nicely:]
    I'm not sure what you mean. HotkeyNet should be able to remove borders without causing problems like the one in the screenshot. If anyone is still having a problem like that, please post the script and I'll look at it.

PS. this kicks ass nicely more customizable than keyclone.. + doesnt cost anythin' ;o
    Thanks for the kind words!

If I may, I would also like to thank Freddie for HKN. Last night I looked at the homepage, DL'd HKN, read the next couple of steps on the instruction page and then saw that there was a 'sample' wow script. I copied that into my HKN folder, loaded it and then BANG! I'm multiboxing with two DKs. Making changes is pretty easy too.

Good stuff!

I used to use keyclone with my 5 druids on 2 PCs (lvl 71 now) but I got sick of having to start task manager every time to kill it. I switched to hkn and I really like it. With the help from this thread I got everything working very quickly. I find hkn easier to configure than keyclone and I like being able to make changes on the fly. I would like to point out that both programs have excellent customer support and both work fine for multiboxing. I am not bashing on keyclone.

Pros:
    Load changes without restarting everything
    More intuitive setup to start windows on remote computers
    Wow windows seem to start up and shut down quicker
    Window swapping seems to happen quicker (and is more reliable, I think in keyclone the main window needs focus when you hit your window swapping key but in hkn any window can have focus)
    Program shuts down much quicker and does not stick around running in the background
    Easy debugging, you can see what codes each key sends and you can see what actions happen when you press a key
    FTL is easier to set up using the hkn templates than trying to enter them in the keyclone gui (I ended up writing a keyclone keymap generator in perl to make it easier)

Cons:
    No nice gui like the keyclone one for designing your window layout
    Does not restrict control to specified windows by default (takes over all keystrokes to all programs unlike keyclone, solution here: http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/view...7&p=5497#p5497)

Other thoughts:
    Runaway toon problem happens in both keyclone and hkn for me.
    I think people worry too much about resolution when designing a layout. From my testing it looks like it is best to let wow choose the right resolution based on the window dimensions. It does not seem to support odd resolutions although it is possible to create an ugly stretched window if you try.
    I did not see a way in hkn to limit framerate (so now I don't think it is even necessary).
    I did not try any mouse stuff in either program except I tried focus-follows-mouse in keyclone and did not like it (it is much slower focus switching than clicking).

-K

Quote Originally Posted by 'Spin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=177373#post177 373
    If I may, I would also like to thank Freddie for HKN. Last night I looked at the homepage, DL'd HKN, read the next couple of steps on the instruction page and then saw that there was a 'sample' wow script. I copied that into my HKN folder, loaded it and then BANG! I'm multiboxing with two DKs. Making changes is pretty easy too.

Good stuff!
    You're welcome and thanks for the kind words.

I'm fascinated by this type of comment because many people -- probably most -- think the program's hard. But there's a whole bunch of people that react the opposite way. They say the program's easy, praise the simplicity of the script language, etc.

I always wonder, which group would I be in if I hadn't written it?