Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Please help with Pally boosting question for Stratholme

Ok. So I was able to procure a 70 pally to help me level my mage/priest team before my RFA runs out next Tuesday.

This pally doesn't have the greatest gear. No Kara pieces, just a bunch of PVP blues and 360+ Bsmithing crafted armor items.

I'm able to clear SM relatively easily and am about to hit 40 on all of my toons. I read in a similar post that I can take my team to Stratholme at 45 and basically keep doing what I'm doing now there.

I was told to skip ZF. Is Stratholme the correct instance to go to and if so, what parts to you gather to burn down? I've actually never quested or instanced it myself as I've never had a pally and my lock's (my original toon) spells don't work well with skeletons. Where do you go when you enter the instance for maximum boosting? What areas do you avoid?
    (Paladin) - Level 80 - Halestoarm - Wildhammer US PVP
    4 x (Shamans) - Level 80 - Imprue Impiper Imphoebe Impaige "The Charmed Ones"

I enter the Undead side and clear the first two groups in the couryard area. From there I take the path to the left and basically kill all the groups of undead / zombies on that side of the instance. I skip the Scarlet Crusade guys b/c they have a highly annoying charge / stun that I hate. I try to pull 4 groups of mobs at a time if multiple groups are bunched up together (in courtyard areas). Just be sure to not let your lowbies get clobbered by the nexxramas (sp?) guy that spawns at random locations.

There's a decent strat pulling video in this thread. This prot pally was decently geared. If yours isn't the best geared simply pull alittle less mobs at a time. Keep in mind though that most of the mobs in Strat are mid to high 50's so keep your 45's far away from the pulls or they are going to get some major aggro.

Default RE: Please help with Pally boosting question for Stratholme

Quote Originally Posted by 'knopstr',index.php?page=Thread&postID=144194#post 144194
    Ok. So I was able to procure a 70 pally to help me level my mage/priest team before my RFA runs out next Tuesday.

This pally doesn't have the greatest gear. No Kara pieces, just a bunch of PVP blues and 360+ Bsmithing crafted armor items.

I'm able to clear SM relatively easily and am about to hit 40 on all of my toons. I read in a similar post that I can take my team to Stratholme at 45 and basically keep doing what I'm doing now there.

I was told to skip ZF. Is Stratholme the correct instance to go to and if so, what parts to you gather to burn down? I've actually never quested or instanced it myself as I've never had a pally and my lock's (my original toon) spells don't work well with skeletons. Where do you go when you enter the instance for maximum boosting? What areas do you avoid?
    There's been some talk in posts the past few days that the xp from pally boosting in instances has been nerfed ... is that the case? Is anyone currently pally boosting a 4man team successfully?
    Alliance - Bonechewer - Reckoning
    [80 teams:] Pally/Priest/Shaman/Mage/Druid | 5x priests | 5x Shamans | 5x druids

I did ZF from 40-45 then strat from then on.

The pally boosting me was in pvp epics and was doing it fairly easy. We did the UD side. If you can, pick up all the Runecloth you can. I made over 500g from 50-55 off the runecloth(8g a stack on my server atm). I had TBC on both chars so we went to ramparts at 55-60. Ramparts is good exp and is a good way to get your chars some starter gear for questing.