Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default 10 box while questing?

For those of you who 10 box, do you level up a team of 5 at a time or do you level up 10 at once, (ie two parties of 5)?

I have a ton at level 80 and was going to begin the quest-grind. Definitely want to quest instead of just killing mobs though, thinking of leveling up a new guild to sell with all the teams I have to get to 90.

I know of at least three members in <The Zerg> that did it with two simultaneous 5 man parties, running quests. They do the same with dallies. Logistics of switching between parties I am not quite sure on, one answer I got was simply to toggle DPS keys between parties so as to make sure the right party tags the mobs. And then for group credit interact with something quests, it's just done twice, or 10x for the ones which in my opinion are bugged.

I leveled mine separately, not on purpose though. They were about a month apart. I'll be doing dallies on all 10 soon and will just be switching leaders and toggling DPS keys due to one team being casters and the other melee and spell travel time.

I 10 boxed quested from 85-90. i just lead with one guy in one group, did the quest objective then swapped to another guy in the other team and did the quest. easy but takes awhile.

I did the same as djensen2010 until level 89 and then I ran dungeons to get practice. If I had to do it over I think I would level solely in the dungeons.

I have a leader for each party while leveling two groups at once. It sucks because you have to do double everything, but you are cutting out the travel time if you leveled one group at a time. I would say that if one group = x time to hit 90 then two groups = 1.5 to 1.6x to hit 90.

Blog Entries

Anything that is a kill quest... you have to do once per group.
    But with 10 toons firepower, the kills are faster...
    And respawns vary based on the number in the area, so downtime is reduced.
    Further, you might be depleting 10% mana on ten toons instead of 20% mana on five toons, so even less downtime.

Collections aren't faster/slower, if you have 10 toons you'll be collecting ten sets whether five now and five later, or ten now.

As mentioned, travel time is reduced as you only have to travel once.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa