Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Stuck keys in keyclone + 1 feature request

This took me a while to figure out what was causing this, but I finally figured it out.

If you press any modifiers the a keystroke and release the modifier key before you release the main keystroke, that key will get stuck and be continually broadcast.

ie.. I use my normal keys to move my main around, and use shift key to move the entire group. If I press Shift-'W' to walk the entire group forward, and then release shift before the 'W' key, all the clones will continue to march forward.

I'm running on XP64 if that makes any difference.

I love having the "mute" and "do not pass" options. The mute works great, but the "do not pass" does not play nicely when using hotstrings. ie.. I press the "DNP" hotkey, then i type, "/use Treat Bag", but since some of those keystrokes are within my hotstring list, it messes up the clones and only the main one actually uses the treat bag.

this works as intended. that may sound weird, but you have to understand how it's working.

let's say you put W on your DNP list. then you do this:

LSHIFT down
    W down
    LSHIFT up
    W up

the problem is, the W down went to all your wows since it was LSHIFT+W... BUT... the W up did not go to the wows as it was only W, which is on the DNP.

this can be resolved by UNCHECKING the 'strict' option. this will block any and all instances of W being sent to the alts.

Ahhh. That makes great sense. I think i'll have to switch around a few of my keybindings as some of the variations I want sent to all the clients. Anyhow, that should be easy to work around.

As far as the other issue, is there a work around or some trick to get around it? I'm talking when I turn on the "override round robin" and "override do not pass". It does almost what I need, but if one of the keystrokes is listed in a hotstring list, it gets translated. What i'm looking for a global option to simply pass everything exactly how I type it and bypass everything. I've dug through keyclone extensively, but could have missed it.

Thanks!

Zappy

hmm.. you're looking for an 'override keymaps' hotkey

no problem... i put it on the list