Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Multi-boxing PVP

Hi All

This is my first post here. But I have been reading on this forum for a few weeks now. Really great community. A little background, I've dual-boxed leveled two melees to 70 (warrior + rogue, don't know what I was thinking back then). Like a lot of folks, I came across the Zins on Magtheridon. Taking graveyards, towers, and defending drek all by himself in AV is just way too cool. Due to the hardware constrain, I was only able to dual box instead of multi-box. Keyclone really opened my eyes as I saw what I could accomplish with just software. Started 5 box a few weeks ago, I followed the popular setup for PVE: pally, mages x2, warlock, priest. Been power leveling my toons in SM using my mage (Magic Absorption + Blazing Speed = endless mana & nonestop AOE ). Now that all my toons are at level 40.

So my question is for PVP. How do you veteran multi-boxers handle classes that have to face and cast spells. It is trivial to kill someone when all my toons are facing him and focus firing. Consider a scenario, facing a warrior + priest. The warrior charges in and fear all my toons while the priest stays back healing the warrior. So I nova the warrior, start to run my main towards the priest and hit follow. Hitting "follow" again has a considerable delay. By the time I get to the priest, it is very likely that the priest would run in and fear me again, and the warrior could have done a lot of damage already. I could see classes that have to face and cast would have problems against melees like warrior and rogue because mobility for us is really a issue here. I guess that is why a lot of people are going for the locks, as they can just run and dot everything they see.

Cheers

Having an answer to get out of fear as soon as possible is the first priority. Easiest way is the pvp trinket with a 2 minute cooldown.

For facing a target what I've done is made it so I can move or turn all my characters at the same time, so if a rogue / warrior is trying to circle strafe me I just turn with him and boom.

Something I did for melee is make a box formation macro. I have one that spreads my toons out into a box and makes them face inward. Confuses rogues and warriors to death.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman